Page 303 of 345 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5166
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but what kinda music is T'Challa into? Do Wakandans not understand gospel and blues music like Americans do? Do you think BP would enjoy earlier Marvin Gaye material such as this (my favorite song of his):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qczfWydWI
    In his current state, I'd imagine hes listening to something like Burna Boy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    ZANDA

Fourth princess of the Nigandan royal family. Her oldest brother, ALEFO, is the Prince-in-Waiting and will take the throne upon her father's death. The Nigandan Royals are the Kardasshians of Africa combined with the Saudi royal family.

Rich. Powerful. Often corrupt.

And BORING as all hell.

As P-4 Zanda's job was to find a billionaire, king or prince to marry to expand Niganda's influence over Africa and the world.

BORING.

As a kid and teen she became increasingly rebellious, running away, getting into desperate situations AND learning to become a world-class martial artist and fairly solid thief.

SHe grew up jealous of the status and exploits of the Wakandan royal family after T'Chaka opened Hermit Kingdom's truth to the world. She tried to have T'Challa kidnapped on her naming day, to see if she could seduce him. not because of her parent's wishes but because, like a lot of fangirls, she thought she had some deep connection with someone she'd never met.

When T'Challa rejected her as frivolous, telling her she was wasting the massive gifts her status and wealth provided her on the stupid stunts and acting out to embarass her parents. She was SOOOOO pissed off (his words hit home) she vanished, this time running away with the goal of NEVER being found. For real.

She stumbled around the world, fighting for money in illegal to-the-death fights, hiring out on burglary teams and as muscle for explorers. Which leads her to MR. LIDDLE, a dwarf with a passion for ancient magical relics which he acquires and sells to unsavory practitioners who can meet his price.

Zanda and Liddle become a semi-permanent team. He's the first person who lets her be herself and respects her, not for her beauty, wealth or status, but for her abilities.

While on one of their quests, Zanda falls into a cavern and discovers the Trickster's Crown. The fall leaves her broken and bleeding out but the Trickster, a god of MANY pantheons and faces (NOT Mephisto or Loki, sorry) , appears to her. He says he finds her interesting, a purely chaotic being, made of internal contradictions. Adorable.

He heals her, on a whim and offers her the Crown which will give the wearer amazing strength, healing, senses and speed as well as giving the power to assume any shape they like (as well as the abilities of whatever that shape may be).

The catch?

he'll be watching her now. If she ever becomes boring, he will take back his gift and, wherever she is at that moment, Zanda's body will return to the state in which he found her- broken and bleeding out.

All this suits Zanda fine. She's got the power she always lacked and the ability to pretty much go and do anywhere or anything she wants.

What she wants is adventure.

And another go at Hot Boy T'Challa who had the NERVE to lecture her and reject her awesomeness.

The reason i don't tell these people all the ideas I have about characters i'm working on right up front is i don't want them to 'reject" them and then pass them on to somebody else and claim that person made them up. And I don't want them to screw them up.

But, as I'm never writing BP again, what the hell?
    Thank you. I love the Trickster God's stipulation/curse. Very satisfying incentive for her behavior. Maybe you should pitch a Zanda mini. They might go for it since they seem to enjoy focusing on any Wakandan mythos characters other than T'Challa. Sneak in the back door. Lol
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

So anyone have any ideas for how an ultimate Monica Lynne would be like?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably a Rihanna-esque popstar.

Unless Hickman is writing, in which case she'd be a Papyrus Priestess of the Order of Hypatia, which has been manipulating society for millennia, and has a bronzepunk headquarters hidden with the TRUE Library of Alexandria, which is bigger and more powerful than anything you've ever seen, but somehow never did anything before. :b

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Reggie Hudlin soft-retconned her into being a kind of Jill Scott 'neo-soul' singer. Not the ultimate in crossover status, but with a substantive following. But as far as any new version, who know? We'll see. Or not?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Probably a Rihanna-esque popstar.

Unless Hickman is writing, in which case she'd be a Papyrus Priestess of the Order of Hypatia, which has been manipulating society for millennia, and has a bronzepunk headquarters hidden with the TRUE Library of Alexandria, which is bigger and more powerful than anything you've ever seen, but somehow never did anything before. :b
    I think she would be portrayed more as a Beyonce type that Rihanna. But who knows.

I think either a RJ inspired Zanda or maybe trying their hand at a Wakandan LI could be cool

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Thank you. I love the Trickster God's stipulation/curse. Very satisfying incentive for her behavior. Maybe you should pitch a Zanda mini. They might go for it since they seem to enjoy focusing on any Wakandan mythos characters other than T'Challa. Sneak in the back door. Lol
    I won't be wasting any more time on BP at Marvel comics. Better things to do.

If Secret Wars rewrites the MCU and brings back King T'Challa, who do you think should play him?

My suggestion:

Atandwa Kani- Is actually African. Played young T'Chaka. Looks the part.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If Secret Wars rewrites the MCU and brings back King T'Challa, who do you think should play him?

My suggestion:

Damson Idris is my first choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

My suggestion:

Aldis Hodge

My suggestion:

My first choice is Ylan Noel as he was the first to speak up in support of a recast when everyone was acting like death was some huge Honor to Chad. Then my second choice would be Sope Dirsiu, as i think he would be a great choice and has similar background like Chad, then my third choice is Aldis, as he expressed interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Aldis Hodge
    He was actually my first thought. Loved him on Leverage.

Ultimate Member

My vote is for Aldis Hodge.

He has the build and he looks like a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My vote is for Aldis Hodge.

He has the build and he looks like a good guy.
    And he's probably not going to be playing Hawkman again any time soon.

(Though he's also voicing John Stewart in the Tomorrow-verse).

Incredible Member

Damson Idris has the look and the correct age