Page 160 of 345 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    What Ezyo1000 said about Legends' take of the event after your post compared to what truly happened in T'Challa's first appearance and was reaffirmed in Rise of the Black Panther.

But what's really important though...is what are they eating? I bet Doom's a great cook.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    QDJ and Vibraxas showed upin season 2 of Coates for a quick minute. Ditto with Kasper.

My issue isn't that so many of them got dropped... it is just that they create new characters to fill the same role.

You don't need Tosin if you have Vibraxas for example.

You don't need omo if you have Malakai.

you don't need a "tribal elder" type if you have Ngassi and Mendinao
    And we kinda didn’t need S’Yan if we already had Zuri, most of the dialogue they got were interchangeable and they fit the same archetype of the cool uncle from T’Chaka’s. And I say that as someone who likes both.

We have a lot of repetitive characters in the mythos that get one arc in one run of varying quality who get dropped for someone that essentially fills the same slot. We’re just getting reskinned versions of the same side characters but they’re getting worse over time because the writers are getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And we kinda didn’t need S’Yan if we already had Zuri, most of the dialogue they got were interchangeable and they fit the same archetype of the cool uncle from T’Chaka’s. And I say that as someone who likes both.

We have a lot of repetitive characters in the mythos that get one arc in one run of varying quality who get dropped for someone that essentially fills the same slot. We’re just getting reskinned versions of the same side characters but they’re getting worse over time because the writers are getting worse.
    Zuris my all time fav support character for tchalla

Goofy uncle warrior type was perfect next to tchalla

Sigh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    What Ezyo1000 said about Legends' take of the event after your post compared to what truly happened in T'Challa's first appearance and was reaffirmed in Rise of the Black Panther.

Even though I wished he revisited it similar to challenge day, but he showed that he understood T'Challa and was actually caring to elevate T'Challa. Frankly Tochis is no canon because it's dumb as fuq and lazy. Designed to elevate Shuri and Hunter at T'Challas expense

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Zuris my all time fav support character for tchalla

Goofy uncle warrior type was perfect next to tchalla

Sigh
    What made him fun was the ridiculousness of such a character with T'Challa, who was very reserved and moved with grace and purpose, and Zuri is over there getting into fights with Thor.

I'm all for W'Kabi, S'Yan, and Zuri coming back. W'Kabi the best friend, S'Yan the wise Uncle and former BP (so he sympathizes and understands the weight of the crown) and Zuri the wise cool uncle and comic relief. Bump Tosin, Omolola, changa, the MA, and Imani. Folasade can stay for some humbling and a political rival i guess

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Imma die on the hill that Monica isn’t dead until someone confirms it on panel lmao. I need hope she’s coming back and Ewing did hint that if she got enough time on the book she’d be interesting to explore with T’Challa. Granted part of it sounded like she wanted to appease the interviewer, who was really pushing for T’Challa and Storm.. Seems like as long as she’s writing she’s not going back in that direction, which was one of the best things to confirm out of the interview.

Still, Monica died in a story described as an alternate present, probably a universe where he never married and characters like W’Kabi stayed alive. I don’t think she’s dead in universe, just in limbo.
    Considering we got 2 Miles Morales running around- there is nothing preventing Ultimate Universe Monica from existing.

Djimon Honsou on his Hollywood experiences:

https://www.cbr.com/djimon-hounsou-s...arvel-low-pay/

I felt like Honsou would have been a better fit for the Black Panther films. Not sure what character, but more than a throwaway villain like he played in Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I felt like Honsou would have been a better fit for the Black Panther films. Not sure what character, but more than a throwaway villain like he played in Guardians.
    In the early 2000s he was my initial pick for T’Challa but at least he got to voice in the WitBP motion comic. He would’ve made a good accurate T’Chaka but it would’ve been a waste since he’d only be seen in flashbacks. S’Yan would’ve been a good role, an updated Achebe, a more accurate W’Kabi, Zuri, or Zawavari. Speaking of Zawavari I recently learned that the mining tribe elder is his MCU adaption, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    In the early 2000s he was my initial pick for T’Challa but at least he got to voice in the WitBP motion comic. He would’ve made a good accurate T’Chaka but it would’ve been a waste since he’d only be seen in flashbacks. S’Yan would’ve been a good role, an updated Achebe, a more accurate W’Kabi, Zuri, or Zawavari. Speaking of Zawavari I recently learned that the mining tribe elder is his MCU adaption, smh.
    bleh. NGL, I like BP1 for putting T'Challa on the map and getting him that household name status, but I genuinely hate how he has been treated since his MCU debut and removal

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    But what's really important though...is what are they eating? I bet Doom's a great cook.
    Goulash. His mother's recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    bleh. NGL, I like BP1 for putting T'Challa on the map and getting him that household name status, but I genuinely hate how he has been treated since his MCU debut and removal
    Can’t argue with that. If you would’ve told me this was how T’Challa’s time in the MCU was going to go back when he was first announced to be joining I would’ve thought you were joking.

Can’t argue with that. If you would’ve told me this was how T’Challa’s time in the MCU was going to go back when he was first announced to be joining I would’ve thought you were joking.
    It's incredibly frustrating. Made worse than they are pushing side characters that people only care about on Twitter. And have doubled down on his removal and now the franchise is in a very shitty place and up in the air

I still want MCU Achebe...

Episode 2 is up.

Click the link. Tell a friend.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

True.
    High key, and I cant remember who said it, but Lance Reddick (r.i.P) would have been a great Achebe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This seems like whining just to whine.
    And yet you were the loudest on SHH about T'Challa and the movie. Again I hate T'Challa was removed, but I hope yall aint sneak dissing his film debut.