Page 332 of 345 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5166

Making video games is such risky and expensive business I’m rooting for cliffhanger games studio. It’s led by a shadow of Mordor veteran so I know they see the value in gameplay concepts that make games stand out from the crowd, like the nemesis system. Also the game world being reactive is great to hear. If it’s a hit, T’challa will be eating just off the game for years to come. Reading their website, they’ve got a good team there.

If they have your choices impact the narrative like Witcher 3 (e.g bloody baron quest), that would be really cool. Imaging a hard moral choice you make determining whether Mbaku becomes an ally or a villain
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 12-19-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If T’Challa isn’t the playable character that doesn’t mean the game will flop but it does create complications that don’t need to be there.
    With the pushback to POC as leads in video games NOT named Spider-Man-yeah you are looking at a struggle that will be made worst if T'Challa is not there.

Especially with folks fed up with Marvel over a certain Kang actor.

And if they are going to try Shuri-did they NOT see the FITS thrown over Saints Row that only had a black woman in the trailer for a game where you can make whoever you want.

And GTA6 .

I mean if other Panthers had gotten development like T'Challa-you could get away with it. But they don't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Making video games is such risky and expensive business I’m rooting for cliffhanger games studio. It’s led by a shadow of Mordor veteran so I know they see the value in gameplay concepts that make games stand out from the crowd, like the nemesis system. Also the game world being reactive is great to hear. If it’s a hit, T’challa will be eating just off the game for years to come. Reading their website, they’ve got a good team there.

If they have your choices impact the narrative like Witcher 3 (e.g bloody baron quest), that would be really cool. Imaging a hard moral choice you make determining whether Mbaku becomes an ally or a villain
    I feel like there almost has to be a heavy element of choice to really drive home how important the Black Panther is and the need to be aware of that power. BP’s decisions can’t have zero impact on the world around him if he’s supposed to be a leader. I really like the idea of being able to have characters like M’Baku or Princess Zanda of Narobia as allies/enemies depending on choices throughout the game. There should be some political calculus involved when you deal with those types because they lead their own factions and have their own goals as well.

I also think it’d be cool if T’Challa had to recruit the support of various tribes by performing quests for them. River Tribe Elder is worried about vibranium poisoning the water, sending him on a journey to the heart of Serpent Valley. Hyena Clan won’t agree to return to Wakanda until T’Challa brings them an artifact from the City of the Dead. Great way of sending the character to a bunch of different locations and fleshing out each tribe.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I can imagine the BP game will have country and army management stuff. Its a perfect way to integrate his position as the material ruler of the country and army.

Stuff like sending Dora's to missions around the globe and upon their success they bring back all sorts of goodies you can use to upgrade yourself.

If T’Challa isn’t the playable character that doesn’t mean the game will flop but it does create complications that don’t need to be there. Like how do you even manage Black Panther’s supporting cast with an OC?

They’d rather go the Midnight Suns route of having a player-made character interacting with Shuri, W’Kabi and Ramonda than T’Challa himself? Or are they not showing up either? That feels like an unnecessary handicap on the story and character dynamics when they could use a character who actually knows all these people. An OC against an iconic rogue like Killmonger almost certainly wouldn’t generate the hype of T’Challa himself going against him. It can work, but why do that when they don’t have to?

Everything about the game becomes harder to market and make compelling story-wise with T’Challa (and presumably only T’Challa) deleted from Wakanda. It causes the same awkwardness that many reviewers noted in Wakanda Forever. There’s absolutely nothing an OC could do in terms of gameplay that can’t be done with T’Challa. If they want a Black Panther that’s customizable, give players the ability to change T’Challa’s design (including hair, eye color, etc.). If they want a BP who’s not king, which may be the case based on the game’s description, just use a younger T’Challa who hasn’t finished the Rites of Ascension yet.

It’s hard for me to imagine EA going out of its way to make players create their own character when the nature of game design is so open that there’s no real reason to remove T’Challa for whatever they want to do. But this is EA and Marvel so yea lol.
    It can basically be a GTA SA style where your T'Challa but you customize him. That makes the most sense. Literally an OC has no connection to Wakanda and it's not like Star wars where there is this huge universe to work with and create these types of characters.

I honestly think if T'Challa isn't the character and it's a OC it WILL flop. It's not like the Cap game featuring a BP. This is the main game, they can't afford to play nonsense. Franchises need a face, to rally behind, so to NOT make it T'Challa is just blatant erasure. And it literally wouldn't make sense like you said

If the leaks for the Wolverine game are legit then it really does seem like Marvel just lets these developers do whatever they want with the IP once they get the license lmao.

So a game not featuring T’Challa could easily be on the table depending on the writers and studio. Then again, I wasn’t that confident Ultimate BP was about T’Challa until Hill confirmed it so I guess we’ll have to wait on more details for the game.

But it’s not a good look that every other major superhero game announcement tells the audience who the lead is but the BP game doesn’t, on top of the rumors it’s a create your character kind of project. People should be prepared for the worst tbh, even if it’s entirely possible it’s T’Chaka who dies and T’Challa is playable.

I think there’s a good chance the initial rumors just meant T’Challa would be highly customizable and there’d be lots of player choice but you never know.
    I assume it was T'Chaka that dies based on the leak that came on but since we're in the times that we are in I wouldn't be surprised if it was a create your own Black Panther game.

Since Blackpanther is just a mantle to casuals and not a particular character
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-19-2023 at 11:10 PM.

Really shows how messed up the franchise is if it has to be asked/discussed if the game will star T’Challa or not and that Hill had to clarify that Ult BP is T’Challa. No ones asking if the Iron Man game will be about Rhodey’s time as Iron Man and if they were to announce a solo Cap and Thor game nobody will be asking if Cap would be Bucky or Sam or if Thor would be Bill or Jane. Hopefully Hill and the game starts course correcting this mess soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Really shows how messed up the franchise is if it has to be asked/discussed if the game will star T’Challa or not and that Hill had to clarify that Ult BP is T’Challa. No ones asking if the Iron Man game will be about Rhodey’s time as Iron Man and if they were to announce a solo Cap and Thor game nobody will be asking if Cap would be Bucky or Sam or if Thor would be Bill or Jane. Hopefully Hill and the game starts course correcting this mess soon.
    Nate Moore and Ryan Coogler.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Marc Berardin talks about working on the Black Panther game and writing 2 episodes of Eyes of Wakanda.
    https://www.youtube.com/live/eT0g_9R...R-pD_zY&t=6937

He said it was dope. Seems like Ryan Coogler was more hands off and let the Showrunner do his thing.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-20-2023 at 08:14 PM.

If there's a season 2 I hope they try to get Red Jack.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-20-2023 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    If there's a season 2 I hope they try to get Red Jack.
    Red Jack made it clear he’s moving on from trying to do anything with Marvel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Red Jack made it clear he’s moving on from trying to do anything with Marvel.
    Idk, if Ryan Coogler makes that call things could change.

Idk, if Ryan Coogler makes that call things could change.
    I have my doubts. Nothing in the MCU will ever be about T’Challa again unless it’s T’Junior and even then that’s just a great value version of the character.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I have my doubts. Nothing in the MCU will ever be about T’Challa again unless it’s T’Junior and even then that’s just a great value version of the character.
    I know we disagree on this issue. And I would prefer a variant.

However, if (and its a big IF) they made that character basically everything people loved about MCU T'Challa and everything "missing" that they loved about comicbook T'Challa would it not matter to you? Could you not get over the fact they chose to have their cake and eat it too? Especially if they just refer to him as T'Challa and not for example...

Bronny James (who is LeBron James Jr but out of fear of too pressure just started calling/using his nickname instead).

I acknowledge there is a possibility that T'Challa 2.0 is a disaster and an utter failure. Im just saying IF they hit all the marks can he not be accepted cause they chose a different path in getting there?
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-21-2023 at 06:49 AM.

I know we disagree on this issue. And I would prefer a variant.

However, if (and its a big IF) they made that character basically everything people loved about MCU T'Challa and everything "missing" that they loved about comicbook T'Challa would it not matter to you? Could you not get over the fact they chose to have their cake and eat it too? Especially if they just refer to him as T'Challa and not for example...

Bronny James (who is LeBron James Jr but out of fear of too pressure just started calling/using his nickname instead).

I acknowledge there is a possibility that T'Challa 2.0 is a disaster and an utter failure. Im just saying IF they hit all the marks can he not be accepted cause they chose a different path in getting there?
    At best I’ll tolerate it if it’ll stop T’Challa from getting screwed over in mediums outside of comics. But junior is not a recast in my eyes and he never will be.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 12-21-2023 at 09:31 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda