Page 249 of 345 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Blue Marvel update.

I (with Chris cross signed on) approached Marvel about the Blue Marvel Pitch.

nope. not interested. wouldn't even hear it.

so, that's one of my 5 Marvel pitches down.

4 more to go. If none of them land, I'm done.

life is too short.
    Swing for those fences Redjack, swing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Busy with real life things like work and paying bills.

It's fine, I guess. He's competent and in character. But despite my fondness for his solo books, Mackay's Avengers run really isn't doing anything for me. I can't explain why.
    Yeah I hear ya, real life has slowed down my contribution here, but I still try to pop in every couple days.

As for Avengers, I do like it, and T'Challas roles, still a little salty that Ridley came in a isht all over his time role as leader of the Avengers and JA got tied up in other stuff to see his plots through.

I hope it picks up but his current role is pretty good and as you said he is written in character. I think we just need a big story to happen with real stakes like Hickman's New Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sometimes you have to really start asking what is the REAL issue.

We can get books with Marvel pets, It's Jeff and others-greenlighted with very few screaming about it.

Yet try to do something with some black characters and there are issues.

We go further down that rabbit hole....

John Stewart's new book. Compare how Redjack got treated versus Phillip Kennedy Johnson. Night and day.
    what happened? I haven't been following the comic world as much

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They can put Blue Marvel in a Thanos mini with a white writer who kind of wrote him as a screw-up but can't give him his own mini from a writer who would probably do him justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It really is another case of Marvel only valuing characters if they the might get in the MCU.

They'll only really start investing in Blue Marvel if the MCU decides to do something with him.
    Yes to all of this.

In the year of our lord 2023, it's a bit ridiculous to see comic publishers like Marvel (and DC) only work with a handful of black writers. Marvel have what? 3 or 4 POC writers? The lack of diversity in the writing pool and Marvel's refusal to work with certain POC writers is why we got absolute, all time nonsense that were the last couple of BP runs.

It also explains why it took so long to get a Blade series written by a black writer in the "geek space". The way Marvel run on favoritism when it comes to taking on writers is completely anti thetical to what they claim to stand for.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-26-2023 at 09:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    what happened? I haven't been following the comic world as much
    It's pretty much the stuff we keep seeing when it comes to certain writers.

When it's them there are a list of issues and suddenly vocal fans.

How many writers have we seen OPENLY express dislike for T'Challa? And got no pushback for it?
    Yet say you are not interested in certain characters- suddenly you are public enemy number one. Even by folks who don't read your work.

Or a character that isn't used as much dies or disappears in your run-suddenly gets fans. Who have NOT called out the previous 5-7 writers who have NOT used said character.

Or get called out for covers of your book that have nothing to do with the contents of the title. Guess these folks never saw all the 1000+ books whose covers have nothing to do with the story inside.

Just petty stuff. That eventually leads a lot of writers not bothering with the Big two and find success elsewhere. See Rodney Barnes & Kyle Higgins at Image or Priest at Dynamite or David Walker, Brandon Thomas, Brandon Eaton & others when Lionforge was around.

World building that Wakanda can't get. Because someone thinks trashing the king works.

BLACK PANTHER #6
    EVE L. EWING (W) • MATT HORAK & MACK CHATER (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    KNIGHT'S END VARIANT COVER BY STEPHANIE HANS • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    A SECRET FROM WAKANDA'S PAST THREATENS TO DESTROY ITS FUTURE!
    • Wakandan crime lord Baba Nkisu has summoned a deadly killer known as Kivu'Ma, but he may have gotten more than he bargained for.
    • And Wakanda's history holds the key to the dark power that T'Challa must now defend his country from!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

I'm hoping that dark secret from Wakanda's past isn't (or doesn't get) tied back to T'Challa. He's had enough tarnishing his record and rep as is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

From the current interview going on right now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGa7CdK-xU

Kevin Grevioux has a script for Black Panther from 1992 with Singleton and Snipes involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    From the current interview going on right now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGa7CdK-xU

Kevin Grevioux has a script for Black Panther from 1992 with Singleton and Snipes involvement.
    Cool. Haven't heard from Kevin Grievoux, comics-wise, since post-Civil War New Warriors and Adam: The Legend of Blue Marvel. (Grievoux did write that Blue Marvel mini, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm hoping that dark secret from Wakanda's past isn't (or doesn't get) tied back to T'Challa. He's had enough tarnishing his record and rep as is.
    Ewings doing a good job so far so hopefully she doesn’t drop the ball. If anything I can see this run really showing how Folosade isn’t as great as a leader that the previous run said she was. I also want Tosin to get humbled. Badly.

Also today is the three year anniversary of when we lost Chadwick. RIP King.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Ewings doing a good job so far so hopefully she doesn’t drop the ball. If anything I can see this run really showing how Folosade isn’t as great as a leader that the previous run said she was. I also want Tosin to get humbled. Badly.

Also today is the three year anniversary of when we lost Chadwick. RIP King.
    Yes. Yes, indeed. R.I.P. to the King.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cool. Haven't heard from Kevin Grievoux, comics-wise, since post-Civil War New Warriors and Adam: The Legend of Blue Marvel. (Grievoux did write that Blue Marvel mini, right?)
    Yes he did and to a point he regrets doing it.

And pointed out some of his ideas ended up being done by Marvel with a different writer such as Mighty Avengers.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Is this the best quality of final fight in Black Panther?
    https://twitter.com/vanman_1000/stat...82934393602357

Been a while but its very clear. Still looks a bit rubbery/weightless at times, but overall was how it should have been seen in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Is this the best quality of final fight in Black Panther?
    https://twitter.com/vanman_1000/stat...82934393602357

Been a while but its very clear. Still looks a bit rubbery/weightless at times, but overall was how it should have been seen in theaters.
    It's one of the best fights because T'Challa wins unequivocally, no help, no special tricks to give him an advantage, just a level playing field and he simply outskills Erik

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's one of the best fights because T'Challa wins unequivocally, no help, no special tricks to give him an advantage, just a level playing field and he simply outskills Erik
    I think the first signified that TChalla was always more skilled than Erik. Erik just caught T'Challa having a crisis of conscience.

Also like even he had to acknowledge just how smooth that move was to kill him.