Page 331 of 345 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5166
    Niffleheim

I was cringing hard when I saw the article starting with world of wakanda and I was reassured by the content of what Hill actually said.
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-19-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ot seems maybe, just maybe, we are getting out of this darkness that has plagued the BP franchise since 2016, Hill said all the right things and seems to get it. The only thing that would make this even better, is if RJ was able to come on here and state he is taking over the 616 T'Challa after Eve. THEN we would truly be able to put the darkest time behind us

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ot seems maybe, just maybe, we are getting out of this darkness that has plagued the BP franchise since 2016, Hill said all the right things and seems to get it. The only thing that would make this even better, is if RJ was able to come on here and state he is taking over the 616 T'Challa after Eve. THEN we would truly be able to put the darkest time behind us
    What we truly need is confirmation that T’Challa will be the focus of the upcoming video game and then we’ll be out of the dark ages.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies, Mr. Hill I see you. I hear you. Looks like I'll be paying some attention to this book after all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    What we truly need is confirmation that T’Challa will be the focus of the upcoming video game and then we’ll be out of the dark ages.
    That, along with RJ getting the main book would make the Trinity, having T'Challa recast in the MCU with someone like Aldis or Sope would be godly

That, along with RJ getting the main book would make the Trinity, having T'Challa recast in the MCU with someone like Aldis or Sope would be godly
    Honestly I’m not even expecting things in the MCU to be fixed until after secret wars. The game and the comics are where my priorities lie and we’re off to a good start so far.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Honestly I’m not even expecting things in the MCU to be fixed until after secret wars. The game and the comics are where my priorities lie and we’re off to a good start so far.
    Video games are fast approaching or have already surpassed the cultural relevance and profitability of big pictures, just look at the viewership of the Game Awards or how much Spider-Man PS4 made compared to past Spidey films. And with the MCU in free fall and the uncertain future of the DCU, video games are looking to be the last frontier of high quality, big budget superhero content.

The last Marvel movie is one the biggest flops of all time and the current saga just lost its big bad. Bringing T’Challa back to that mess isn’t gonna move the needle nearly as much as a completely new take on the character that lets players become him in a fully realized Wakanda. What T’Challa needs more than anything is to exist outside the MCU so that better writers and creators can take hold of the character and reimagine him for new stories.

We’re seeing this in real time with the Ultimate line, Marvel done went and ruined 616 T’Challa for synergy but Hill is saying some good things that show he’s probably gonna properly depict the character for his run. If y’all trust Coogler to bring T’Challa back to form that’s one thing lol but T’Challa can’t be held hostage by a set of creators and prevented from being used in other mediums with more potential.

EDIT: none of that is to say live action isn’t relevant and that T’Challa shouldn’t be recasted for the MCU btw. But in terms of my short term term interests and general preferences, I’m more interested in a new game T’Challa than I am the current creators bringing MCU T’Challa back in some stupid ass way.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-19-2023 at 01:27 PM.

Don't get me wrong, right now is NOT the time to bring T'Challa back. I just mean that when the eventual reboot happens with a new Cap IM etc. T'Challa should be brought back into the fold early on and comic book accurate.

I hope that Hill captures that Priest/Hudlin energy and brings T'Challa back up enough for the 616 version to get a good writer (such as RJ) to course correct him there as well whole being able to tell interesting stories

100%

not being the focus will mean we are F'd for a very long time.

That video game is everything and it isn't looking promsing at the moment
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Video games are fast approaching or have already surpassed the cultural relevance and profitability of big pictures, just look at the viewership of the Game Awards or how much Spider-Man PS4 made compared to past Spidey films. And with the MCU in free fall and the uncertain future of the DCU, video games are looking to be the last frontier of high quality, big budget superhero content.

The last Marvel movie is one the biggest flops of all time and the current saga just lost its big bad. Bringing T’Challa back to that mess isn’t gonna move the needle nearly as much as a completely new take on the character that lets players become him in a fully realized Wakanda. What T’Challa needs more than anything is to exist outside the MCU so that better writers and creators can take hold of the character and reimagine him for new stories.

We’re seeing this in real time with the Ultimate line, Marvel done went and ruined 616 T’Challa for synergy but Hill is saying some good things that show he’s probably gonna properly depict the character for his run. If y’all trust Coogler to bring T’Challa back to form that’s one thing lol but T’Challa can’t be held hostage by a set of creators and prevented from being used in other mediums with more potential.

EDIT: none of that is to say live action isn’t relevant and that T’Challa shouldn’t be recasted for the MCU btw. But in terms of my short term term interests and general preferences, I’m more interested in a new game T’Challa than I am the current creators bringing MCU T’Challa back in some stupid ass way.
    Hit the nail on the head. Hopefully we get updates on the game soon because a lot of fans on social media (particularly Twitter) are pessimistic on T’Challa being in the game and some are already claiming he’s not despite there being no official confirmation.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    100%

If the leaks for the Wolverine game are legit then it really does seem like Marvel just lets these developers do whatever they want with the IP once they get the license lmao.

So a game not featuring T’Challa could easily be on the table depending on the writers and studio. Then again, I wasn’t that confident Ultimate BP was about T’Challa until Hill confirmed it so I guess we’ll have to wait on more details for the game.

But it’s not a good look that every other major superhero game announcement tells the audience who the lead is but the BP game doesn’t, on top of the rumors it’s a create your character kind of project. People should be prepared for the worst tbh, even if it’s entirely possible it’s T’Chaka who dies and T’Challa is playable.

I think there’s a good chance the initial rumors just meant T’Challa would be highly customizable and there’d be lots of player choice but you never know.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-19-2023 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    100%

Which is something I just don't understand. War for Wakanda in the failed avengers game saved it for awhile and many people praised the DLC with the main "Negative" being that Marvel should've made it its own game. The comics and WF have already shown that the franchise needs T'Challa, if they make the first official BP game as an OC or anyone other than T'Challa, it would be self sabotage at this point, like there is absolutely no reason to not use T'Challa, and I can't see how it would make any sense at all to use some random OC instead of being able to play as the King himself, also given that T'Challa has shown up in every other Game or media out there and is the default.

I would like to think the Game companies are smart enough to realize that trying to chase the MCU synergy, especially at this point with how chaotic it is, would result in loss of profit instead of being smart abd printing money by using T'Challa THE TITLE CHARACTER

Which is something I just don't understand. War for Wakanda in the failed avengers game saved it for awhile and many people praised the DLC with the main "Negative" being that Marvel should've made it its own game. The comics and WF have already shown that the franchise needs T'Challa, if they make the first official BP game as an OC or anyone other than T'Challa, it would be self sabotage at this point, like there is absolutely no reason to not use T'Challa, and I can't see how it would make any sense at all to use some random OC instead of being able to play as the King himself, also given that T'Challa has shown up in every other Game or media out there and is the default.

I would like to think the Game companies are smart enough to realize that trying to chase the MCU synergy, especially at this point with how chaotic it is, would result in loss of profit instead of being smart abd printing money by using T'Challa THE TITLE CHARACTER
    Luckily the game is still in very early development. If EA is planning on doing something stupid (which is likely considering it’s EA) there’s plenty of time to course correct. As for chief’s comment about T’Challa being customizable and having a lot of player choice, one can hope that’s the case.

As for not telling us off the bat who we’ll be playing as I think maybe it’s because they feel like they don’t have to. Because think about it, if you announced a Superman game it’s obvious you’ll be playing as Clark Kent. If another Batman game is announced there’s a 90% chance you’ll be playing as Bruce again. So if T’Challa is playable they probably feel like it should be obvious he’s the focus. Problem is in the current climate of the franchise that’s showing that they’re not reading the room. The fact that Bryan Hill had to come out on Twitter to personally confirm that Ultimate Black Panther is about T’Challa should tell you something about the state of the IP right now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Hill interview about Ultimate Blackpanther.
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/br...s-interview/#3

I get frustrated when people come into something and just hit it with a sledgehammer, and it seems like they don't even understand why people like the thing in the first place."

And I will admit, I feel like sometimes the character gets dragged into too much of our current day-to-day issues. And I feel like there's just so much more to explore than dealing with the current sociopolitical things that we're going through

My man is saying all the right things.
    Music to my ears and the art looks great too

Astonishing Member

If T’Challa isn’t the playable character that doesn’t mean the game will flop but it does create complications that don’t need to be there. Like how do you even manage Black Panther’s supporting cast with an OC?

They’d rather go the Midnight Suns route of having a player-made character interacting with Shuri, W’Kabi and Ramonda than T’Challa himself? Or are they not showing up either? That feels like an unnecessary handicap on the story and character dynamics when they could use a character who actually knows all these people. An OC against an iconic rogue like Killmonger almost certainly wouldn’t generate the hype of T’Challa himself going against him. It can work, but why do that when they don’t have to?

Everything about the game becomes harder to market and make compelling story-wise with T’Challa (and presumably only T’Challa) deleted from Wakanda. It causes the same awkwardness that many reviewers noted in Wakanda Forever. There’s absolutely nothing an OC could do in terms of gameplay that can’t be done with T’Challa. If they want a Black Panther that’s customizable, give players the ability to change T’Challa’s design (including hair, eye color, etc.). If they want a BP who’s not king, which may be the case based on the game’s description, just use a younger T’Challa who hasn’t finished the Rites of Ascension yet.

It’s hard for me to imagine EA going out of its way to make players create their own character when the nature of game design is so open that there’s no real reason to remove T’Challa for whatever they want to do. But this is EA and Marvel so yea lol.