Page 188 of 345 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think antelope lady will be a long term love interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think antelope lady will be a long term love interest.
    Yes.
    I expect an attempt at a marriage or offspring. It's the easiest way for Eve to meet her goal of leaving a Dora or Shuri like mark on the franchise

FwLVsbAWYAAxaNM.jpg

5 whole crime familes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Counterpoint: It’s probably her or Storm, and there’s A-Bomb text sites less toxic
    Are they really going to try Storm again after all the times the X-Office told T'Challa to f*ck off?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    FwLVsbAWYAAxaNM.jpg

5 whole crime familes.
    Yikes. I'm sorry, I don't care if it's tribes or some other thing in the books, but just evoking "The Five Families" is just not a good look to me. Wakanda =/= NYC (or Gotham). Black Panther =/= Batman.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Are they really going to try Storm again after all the times the X-Office told T'Challa to f*ck off?
    Didn't the X-Office originally allow the marriage by basically not really having any idea of what to do with Storm so they just gave her to the BP office?

I’m thinking being king of the dead gives TChalla a decided advantage against Deathlok.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Yikes. I'm sorry, I don't care if it's tribes or some other thing in the books, but just evoking "The Five Families" is just not a good look to me. Wakanda =/= NYC (or Gotham). Black Panther =/= Batman.
    I think a crime-ridden Wakandan city only works if you do the groundwork to establish how it got established and how it functions. Birnin T’Chaka seems like a city of exiles disconnected from the rest of Wakanda. I speculated early on it’s probably a dark melting pot filled with Jabari cultists from the nearby mountains, Hyena Clan merchants, refugees, vibranium smugglers, etc. that has exploded in prominence with all the recent political and social instability. That would make the five families make more sense, maybe they’re operating on a global scale exploiting T’Challa’s efforts to integrate Wakanda with the outside world and they’re using the city as one of their bases.

I would hope that’s how we got to this point and it’s not as simple as “There’s always been this underclass of poor Wakandans and T’Challa failed to do anything about it and now has to live among them to learn how the new democracy is better” But knowing this franchise and the kinds of writers we get it’ll probably be the latter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She's gone once Ewing's gone.
    Yup, I doubt she’ll stick around. Besides this run probably not even lasting 20 issues, I think the next writer will either want to bring back an old love interest or introduce their own OC. The only reason Storm has ever been with T’Challa is when the X-Office was failing to manage her character and let her hang out in his books. She’s the star of a critically acclaimed run right now and is one of the driving forces of the Krakoa era, I think her days of being a BP supporting character are over for the next few years. And I think the MCU will solidify that when they likely pair her with Forge.

We’re gonna see writers get more experimental with T’Challa’s love life to fill that gap and Beisa’s just the start imo. I don’t think a love interest was needed this early given how much T’Challa himself needs to be built back up after years of crap writing. But I think it is important he be allowed to move on from his ex-wife so Beisa works about as well as anyone else. And I get why Ewing’s doing it early, because if since she’s looking to leave a big impact then creating T’Challa’s new primary love interest is her best shot. That’s the only major spot in T’Challa’s supporting cast that’s really not nailed down.

The design is good and she can play the role of being his guide through Birnin T’Chaka, so there’s time to do something interesting. But all of this assumes she’s even a character worth getting that with, the vast majority of new Wakandans introduced in the last 5+ years are trash and have gone nowhere.

Ewing is really going to have to pull out all the stops to make this actually interesting and feel like it's appropriate for a Black Panther book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man I'm reminded of how horny 2000s art was.

Shuri's ass is practically hanging out in all the ridiculously skin-tight clothes she wears. Especially since the covers of the 2009 series are by J. Scott Campbell, notorious for his weird-anatomy cheesecake covers.

And lets not the Dora's original revealing garb.

Astonishing Member

As much as I am personally a sucker for Cyberpunk/tech-noir dystopias, the idea that Burrin T’Chaka has always been this strikes me as radically out of place, and if it’s a recent development then Folasade is even more of a farce than she was already.

Surely Wakanda is small enough that the Hyenas should have a monopoly on organised crime?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As much as I am personally a sucker for Cyberpunk/tech-noir dystopias, the idea that Burrin T’Chaka has always been this strikes me as radically out of place, and if it’s a recent development then Folasade is even more of a farce than she was already.

Surely Wakanda is small enough that the Hyenas should have a monopoly on organised crime?
    Let's go down this rabbit hole.

How does a organized crime ridden, gov sanctioned rape camp filled, "jackboot dictatorship" remain hidden from the world without those affected citizens not escaping to sanctuary outside of the country and alerting the world?

Or is all this recent under T'Challa (but not Shuri for...reasons)
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-15-2023 at 06:15 PM.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

The Bat Panther. He's got 5 crime fams. Hopefully he'll have a clown archnemesis, a Batpanthermobile, a Batpanther cave and prep time.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    The Bat Panther. He's got 5 crime fams. Hopefully he'll have a clown archnemesis, a Batpanthermobile, a Batpanther cave and prep time.
    Well, we haven't seen Achebe in a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, we haven't seen Achebe in a long time...
    I honestly wouldn't even be mad at that one