Page 223 of 345 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5166
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I am excited to see what happens with T'Challa in the Avengers. I have little to no hope in his solo. It's such a dumb premise and I don't think Eve has the skill to pull a Liss out of this series.
    Not gonna speak on a book I haven’t read yet. People here seemed to like Ewing’s first issue well enough, that’s a good sign.

Liss’ run existing is the only reason I could maybe see her putting things back on track. The template for success is right there. Every character goes through times where they get saddled with bad editorial choices. A great creative team will either make something great out of that or crack under pressure. At least T’Challa is appearing in other books, if the solo keeps being trash like the last few years there’s other options.

Avengers has been lots of fun. I kinda hope we switch up that roster soon though or switch T’Challa to a new team like Secret Avengers. Getting a bit tired of the Big 3 +T’Challa and Carol since I’ve never seen the Avengers as a true Justice League equivalent. I like how Mackay handles the concept though, he’s going for Morrison’s JLA and it’s got this epic feel the team deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Avengers has been lots of fun. I kinda hope we switch up that roster soon though or switch T’Challa to a new team like Secret Avengers. Getting a bit tired of the Big 3 +T’Challa and Carol since I’ve never seen the Avengers as a true Justice League equivalent. I like how Mackay handles the concept though, he’s going for Morrison’s JLA and it’s got this epic feel the team deserves.
    If there’s an Avengers team, I want TChalla on it. If he’s not, I mostly have no interest in Avengers. I might want to hear about what they’re doing but I wouldn’t read or pay money to be in the know.

Eve hasn’t chumped TChalla out like the last writer who doesn’t deserved to be mentioned so it’s an improvement. I wouldn’t say I love he premise of the story but I think it will end with him being King again which I’m in favor of. I read the issues and watch recaps from reliable sources on Youtube to pick up extra nuggets on what she’s doing.

I have liked what I’ve seen from Avengers except Id like to see TChalla put Sam in his place. The indicators I’ve seen show me that they may use TChalla to elevate Sam. BP has taken enough abuse from anyone with the “captain america” moniker.

Ultimate Member

I know sales figures aren't accurate but from ICV2, BP 1 debuted at number 9.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-june-2023

It really does show there's still interest in the character. If written well, he should be a top-seller.

I'm eyeing Miles Morales and his current run has been in the top 20 throughout, no reason why BP can't do the same (although the Spider-man name does add some weight to the title).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

It really does show there's still interest in the character. If written well, he should be a top-seller.

I'm eyeing Miles Morales and his current run has been in the top 20 throughout, no reason why BP can't do the same (although the Spider-man name does add some weight to the title).
    That is only 150 stores and the person that does that site HATES Eve Ewing. So expect him to toss some shots at her.

Miles is going to be that high because it's a good book and he's in a franchise that is very very variant happy. So in his case he's going to stay steady no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Debuting in the top 10 is easy. STAYING in the top 10, OTOH...

(I see Moon Knight I doing pretty well still. )

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not gonna speak on a book I haven’t read yet. People here seemed to like Ewing’s first issue well enough, that’s a good sign.

Liss’ run existing is the only reason I could maybe see her putting things back on track. The template for success is right there. Every character goes through times where they get saddled with bad editorial choices. A great creative team will either make something great out of that or crack under pressure. At least T’Challa is appearing in other books, if the solo keeps being trash like the last few years there’s other options.

Eves issue was just okay. Maybe she does good, but I wasn't overly impressed. It was better than Coates #1 but not as good as Ridleys. But subsequent issues will determine if it gets better or not

Tbh I feel that's what is keeping T'Challa relevant at this point. He got expunged from the MCU and his solos have been shit lately. Avengers is what is keeping him from fading back into the background.

I want him to be apart of the group similar to how JL has an established OG crew. I know Avengers is different, but id prefer he stay on the mainline group atleast until he gets more love.

I think the ultimates had potential still just under a different style with the OG mission statement Ewing had before he went all obscure: the Ultimate team to take on the ultimate threats.

T'Challa
    Strange
    Thor
    Sue Storm
    Monica Rambeau

A small team with unique power sets to fill specific roles

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is only 150 stores and the person that does that site HATES Eve Ewing. So expect him to toss some shots at her.

Miles is going to be that high because it's a good book and he's in a franchise that is very very variant happy. So in his case he's going to stay steady no matter what.
    I would LOVE to be proven wrong with Eve. I want T'Challa to be the juggernaut they he is and to be treated as an A lister. It's just hard to see anything positive when the same editorial team exists and they keep hiring people who are so enamored by Coates garbage and talk about everything and everyone BUT T'Challa.

I would feel MUCH better about the franchise longevity and upward climb if Marvel ever gives Redjack a call

Incredible Member

Ewing BP#1 was really good all this doom and gloom my goodness

Incredible Member

I would LOVE to be proven wrong with Eve. I want T'Challa to be the juggernaut they he is and to be treated as an A lister. It's just hard to see anything positive when the same editorial team exists and they keep hiring people who are so enamored by Coates garbage and talk about everything and everyone BUT T'Challa.

I would feel MUCH better about the franchise longevity and upward climb if Marvel ever gives Redjack a call
    redjack John Stewart was well yeah but overall he is a good writer

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    redjack John Stewart was well yeah but overall he is a good writer
    Redjack has been solid in everything I have read of his. He actually tries to make a nuanced and complex character WHILE keeping them the focus.

His KiB one shot was better than the last 8 years of Solo from everyone who had touched it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Ewing BP#1 was really good all this doom and gloom my goodness
    Talk to the editor Will Moss who is cause of all this.

He put Eve in a hard place.

One issue does NOT undo the last 8 years.

i appreciate the love and respect but.

i'm setting up one more round of pitches for the Big 2. 5 for DC, 5 for Marvel.

if none of them land, i'm done. If Milestone calls, I'll answer, because, MILESTONE, but, for the stories I want to tell, going forward, I'm going to be owning my shit and that means no more big 2 stuff.

The odds of them giving me BP again aren't zero but they're as close as you can get without being there.

Sorry. Truly. But it's going to take something pretty extraordinary to see me mess with this franchise again/much longer.

Life's just too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

if none of them land, i'm done. If Milestone calls, I'll answer, because, MILESTONE, but, for the stories I want to tell, going forward, I'm going to be owning my shit and that means no more big 2 stuff.

The odds of them giving me BP again aren't zero but they're as close as you can get without being there.

Sorry. Truly. But it's going to take something pretty extraordinary to see me mess with this franchise again/much longer.

Life's just too short.
    Good luck, hope you’re pitching for an Ultimate Black Panther book. Building 6160 BP from scratch would probably be an easier job than trying to salvage 616 BP at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good luck, hope you’re pitching for an Ultimate Black Panther book. Building 6160 BP from scratch would probably be an easier job than trying to salvage 616 BP at this point.
    i am not pitching anything BP-related because I'm not going to do all that work, get told "no," and then watch any of my ideas get adopted or bastardized down the line.

like i said, life's too short. sometimes you gotta know when to just let stuff go. if they call me about something, sure, i'll discuss. But, chasing it? nope. done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Life's just too short.
    Would you ever consider pitching a Blue Marvel book?