Page 92 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    that can't be right, Liss was so long ago. Like 10 years right?. It was an enjoyable run with a weird premise.

What about the Narcisse limited series or that BP annual in 2018 or 2019 by Preist, McGregor and Hudlin?

I just feel like for the past two years I've only been reading BP in the Avengers outside from maybe a one-shot or mini I'm forgetting. I always use to pop in here to get the low down on what I should pick up, but nobody is making any current recommendations these days.
    Rise of the Black Panther was solid, little dense and you can tell Evan is new, but it was solid. I liked it.

Black Panther: King in Black One shot was great

Black Panther: Unconquered was solid one shot.

black panthers vs deadpool was fun mini.

I liked the moon knight arc in Avengers, for the absurdity of it and the T'challa stuff.

Outside of that, it has either been useless, bad, or bad bad.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    While T'Challa does get the absolute worst brunt of it, there is a strong current trend of deconstructing the heroes with particular "privilege".

Like Batman tends to get talked down especially with the infamous toxic hot take of him being just a "rich guy who beats up poor people". The recent Batman runs are kind going overboard with the whole "Batman is outdated" or "Gotham doesn't need Batman" cause he's archaic or whatever.

The recent Iron Man stories are kind of a slog because Tony has been stripped of his wealth and he's being overtly depressing with the public hating him, especially with some IRL people outright hating him or thinking he's kind of an offensive character because they can't separate their hatred of real life billionaires like Musk or Bezos from him.

Though some characters are more exempt from this. Like Carol Danvers is the embodiment of white feminism and even for a military hero her standard character has her as a bit of a violent hardliner compared to Cap who at least as the image of a wholesome good old boy. Yet they would never her deconstruct her like they have any of the boys, cause they are aware of the **** they'll get if they portray a female hero in a significant state of weakness or lambasting even if its not even as bad as some of her male cohorts get.

But even then its astonishing just how much they lay into T'Challa. Sure the Cantwell Iron Man run which had Hellcat perpetually telling Tony to check his privilege, but at least Tony was able to live up to his standards, try to improve himself, and does successfully help people.

T'Challa can't even try to be better. Its like they don't want him to be better, they just want him to suffer and be miserable forever. Hellcat could at least be nice and supportive to Tony even if she's an ass a lot of the time. Meanwhile barring Shuri, absolutely no one is even willing to give T'Challa a chance or help him improve, they just insult him endlessly and don't praise him even if he does something good.
    It’s like the only fictional billionaire that hasn’t been torn down in this day and age is Scrooge Mcduck. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Rise of the Black Panther was solid, little dense and you can tell Evan is new, but it was solid. I liked it.

I liked the moon knight arc in Avengers, for the absurdity of it and the T'challa stuff.

And I think people are being naive to think Eve Ewing will be an improvement for T’Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And I think people are being naive to think Eve Ewing will be an improvement for T’Challa.
    I can see where you’re coming from. We thought nothing could be worse than Coates and look what happened.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    No laughs from me. I hope we get to see it one day.

---

I'm curious as to what this status quo shift is going to be (unless it's just the exile). Other than death, what else is Ridley going to do?

---

Saw Wakanda Forever today. I felt underwhelmed by it more than anything. Well acted, but the writing and/or editing felt off. There's a stronger version of the story they chose to tell in the editing room.
    Nah. Certainly not on a rewatch.

It feels off the first time you see it especially with no T'Challa. The film truly has no real lead for the 1st half portion.

However, I was surprised how well things flowed together.

Cant lie the Filmmaking is more brilliant the more I think about.

T'Challa was truly the one who was worthy

There are limitations without T'Challa. This franchise NEEDS T'Challa. But I cant act like the creative team arent super talented.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 02-05-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I can see where you’re coming from. We thought nothing could be worse than Coates and look what happened.
    I felt like yall were bringing bad vibes to the franchise with over the top Coates slander. Ridley showed you the difference between a different take and missing the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    As long as Will Moss is the editor I don't see things getting better when Eve Ewing takes over writing duties. I'll just stick to Avengers for my T'Challa fix because I'm not touching the solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Maybe, but on a technical level I think the writing will be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Heroes reborn was good for T'Challa. Ultimates had it's moments too. Tech on avengers and avengers mech strike were decent enough.

Luckily, outside of his Solo, he had been treated fairly well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, on a purely mechanical level, Eve Ewing IS a better comic book writer than Ridley.

I don't know what the themes will be but the storytelling should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I felt like yall were bringing bad vibes to the franchise with over the top Coates slander. Ridley showed you the difference between a different take and missing the mark.
    Your level of denial is both astounding and ALMOST commendable.

Coates took good ideas and ruined them with amateur writing and his biases and infatuation with everyone BUT the title character.

Ridley took ONE interesting plot and went off the deep end with incoherent and nonsensical writing. But between the TWO of them. Coates "contribution" is more damaging because he weaved some racist **** into the mythos and engrained it into Wakandas history in a way that's incredibly difficult to clean up.

Ridley luckily, has been using his shitty OCs to drag T'Challa so they are much easier to ignore, not take seriously and purge since everything is contrived and based off of newly created pet characters and he didn't touch the mythos in a way that will leave a stain in the same manner.

Ridleys run is like Dog Isht you stepped in, its messy and stinks, but can be cleaned fairly easily with spraying off the shoe.

Coates run is Like runny dog isht you stepped in and tracked onto your carpet. You gotta hit it with a deeper cleaner

Ultimate Member

Coates EARNED that.

Just like Ridley EARNED his.

Both missed the mark. You are paid to write about T'Challa. Not Storm, not OOC, not Tosin, not Shuri and so on. If they are in the book they are SUPPORT to T'Challa.

You want to develop those folks it's called mini series and one shots not turning T'Challa's book into a stealth book for those guys.

Because at the end of the day it's T'Challa with 200+ solo issues not those folks who can't get to issue 13 or whose attempts are among the worst sellers at Marvel. That might be telling nobody wants to read about them.

All this Coates cheerleading has gotten those folks WHAT??

Where are are all the successful spinoffs that Batman, Superman and Peter Parker can produce? Oh that's right they can do that because NOBODY disrespected them as the face of the franchise. Unlike here.
    Nobody thought Gotham was bigger than Batman. Yet Batman was able to produce a Gotham Central book that LOL outlasted all the BP Coates era spinoffs and produced a few stars in Rene and even Crispus who was Spectre for awhile.

The only person bringing bad vibes to the franchise was Coates.

Treehouse rape camps.
    "I don't want to be king"
    "I joined the Avengers for adventure"
    Wakanda is misogynist.
    Early Wakandans were colonizing thieves.
    T'Challa consults dictators to help run his country
    IGEW is a corrupt entity as soon as it's introduced.
    T'Challa can't do isht right.

This stuff didn't start with Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, a better written story of a frakked up Black Panther is still a frakked up Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/retro_1999/statu...54344060936192

Marvel scared of the reaction to Luke Cage's axed mini yet seem fine with how T'Challa has been done.

Seems trashing T'Challa is safe material. Luke Cage dealing with real world issues is not.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 02-05-2023 at 05:27 PM.