Page 202 of 345 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 5166
    Incredible Member

Honestly, I would for us to get some sort of movie synergy in this aspect. Let Thanos win, and half the universe gets erased. Then use this as an opportunity to adapt the time heist type is story to undo it like the MCU but they fail, but while failing they bring past versions of characters from 616 to the present.

Snag T’Challa from either the end of Priests run or the very beginning of Huldins run, pre-marriage T’Challa. And let him be the ongoing T’Challa, he’d be the real T’Challa after all, but only without the Coates/Ridley and AvX baggage.

Do this with other characters that got ruined too over the years. Peter Parker. Ben Reilly. Others whose stories have got so convoluted or messed up from bad stories. It won’t be a retcon as in erasing old stuff, but at least resetting the status quo to a point where the characters aren’t so broken again.
    Last edited by Blanks; 06-07-2023 at 05:45 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    My favorite marvel character is Cyclops, and I think T'Challa could use some of his atitude post AvX. After all the crap, killing Xavier, Wakanda, Limbo Gulag, etc, when Scott was confronted he was sorry for what happened but said he would still do it to achieve his goals.

That's how I wanted T'Challa to act, just look in the face of his detractors and say: "Don't care what you think, I did what I did, if you don't like it's your problem". But for that to happen, first he would need to be competent again.
    Or even something like post-Tower of Babel (or Justice League: Doom) Batman, in which he does make a valid point, despite the outrage and betrayal his teammates are feeling at what's transpired, that someone had to take precautions against them ever being subverted by evil influences?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    You peep it too right lol.

In any case, Avengers #1 was fantastic. The creative team is great at hitting the core parts of most every character both visually and personality-wise. Excited to seeing Kang in the mix and Carol leading these characters. I kinda see why Mackay has said he likes writing T’Challa more than he has before, he can write him a bit “looser” now that he’s not king and took his Ls so publicly.

He’s not above cracking jokes or monologuing about how much it means for him to be an Avenger. Those were well written moments because they fit his personality and feel more “human” than T’Challa is typically allowed to be these days with the current direction. It’s also nice (and possibly intentional) to reaffirm T’Challa’s importance to the team at a time when he’s dead in the MCU and was unceremoniously written out the previous volume due to blatant synergy. And because he’s burnt so many bridges recently I see him being a source of tension with the other members, almost like Namor whenever he joins. We’re already seeing that with Sam this issue so we’ll have to see how that develops. I don’t think it does much for either character to be “rivals” but as long as the tension isn’t stupid (like it was in Sam’s book) and gets resolved respectfully I’m fine.

Regardless of what happens in the solo book next month T’Challa fans have at least one book that I think handles the character well for now. I like that T’Challa’s embracing being a “hero” more if we’re gonna stick with this dumbass democracy in Wakanda. The character deserves to find other joys in life besides running back to deal with that place. Also like that Mackay is putting emphasis on the “most dangerous man alive” title and distinguished between the types of intelligence Tony and T’Challa bring to the team.
    I think Jed handled the shitty premise that happened to T'Challa in a way I would see a professional do it, with the Intention of turning a lemon into lemonade.

I hope he continues to bring that high energy to T'Challa, and highlight all of his skills, and really puts that title to good use. I really liked how the Avengers titles of late have pushed his intelligence for instance

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or even something like post-Tower of Babel (or Justice League: Doom) Batman, in which he does make a valid point, despite the outrage and betrayal his teammates are feeling at what's transpired, that someone had to take precautions against them ever being subverted by evil influences?
    Problem is Coates and Ridley were so lazy about it, I wouldn't honestly mind if a writer came in and had T'Challa ngaf and throw it back in everyone's face (kinda as a middle finger to the writers who wrote such garbage) and call them out for their hypocrisy on all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the two biggest problems with T'Challa right now are: He is incompetent, and he basically get talked down by everyone.

If he was super competent, as he is suppose to be while other character talked shit about him, we would not care that much, but as it is, I think the writers want us to agree with his detractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think the two biggest problems with T'Challa right now are: He is incompetent, and he basically get talked down by everyone.

If he was super competent, as he is suppose to be while other character talked shit about him, we would not care that much, but as it is, I think the writers want us to agree with his detractors.
    OTOH, I think the biggest problems with T'Challa right now are his writer and his editor...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    OTOH, I think the biggest problems with T'Challa right now are his writer and his editor...
    Speaking of which:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/bp-1-2023/

*smfh*

I won’t lie. It reminds me of daredevil but it’s not bad

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think Jed handled the shitty premise that happened to T'Challa in a way I would see a professional do it, with the Intention of turning a lemon into lemonade.

I hope he continues to bring that high energy to T'Challa, and highlight all of his skills, and really puts that title to good use. I really liked how the Avengers titles of late have pushed his intelligence for instance
    Avengers writers have been ignoring and clearing up the messes of the BP ongoing for nearly a decade, Mackay/Villa are just continuing the tradition lol. Hopefully they can use T'Challa mostly as they see fit and aren't dragged down by BP editorial/writers like Aaron was.

Mackay has said in interviews that he has to work with other creators since most of the team have their own solo books, but I really don't need to see the last few years of Coates/Ridley follow T'Challa everywhere he pops up. Up until he was written out of Aaron's run, we got pretty lucky with writers ignoring the solo so hopefully they mostly keep that up here outside a reference or two.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-08-2023 at 12:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

What happened to Wakanda? (*single tear drops from my eye*)

Jokes apart, taken in isolation, this could be a good story. However, these stories aren't being told in isolation.

Good God smfh

Ultimate Member

So glad I didn't order the book.

Like with Rape Camps no way T'Challa would let the city named after Daddy be poorman's version of Saints Row 2023.

No creativity or imagination what so ever.
    Paint by numbers fantasy requiring the reader to have little to no knowledge of the main character or his settings history. Lateral move from Coats-Ridley and now Eve's reduced/diminished T'Challa.

I've been waiting to read the initial monologue that was going to come out of this run and this preview tells me all I need to know. If I wanted to read about Batman and Gotham I'd be reading about Batman and Gotham

Atleast I'll have Hickman and Jed to read
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-08-2023 at 04:04 PM.

Looks like Ultimate T’Challa is returning. That has to be him in the bottom left corner and unless he’s completely different than his initial portrayal I don’t care for his return.

So the new Ultimates will consist of Cap, IM, Thor, T’Challa, Spider-Man, and whoever that is who under Peter? Not exactly the BP return to Ultimates that I was hoping for. Really hoping that Hickman ignores the original 1610 T’Challa characterization.

Last edited by KingNomarch; 06-08-2023 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Looks like Ultimate T’Challa is returning. That has to be him in the bottom left corner and unless he’s completely different than his initial portrayal I don’t care for his return.

I guarantee he will be different this go around. So much has changed, back when the UU first launched Marvel called the big team the Ultimates because the Avengers brand wasn’t worth anything. Now it’s the biggest brand on the planet. Back then T’Challa was a C-Lister at best, now he’s one of the most iconic heroes on the planet. I trust Hickman to give us a new Ultimate BP that actually rips. Damn I hope we get a new Ultimate BP book!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/