Page 294 of 345 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5166

The other thing is fans just don't care about what these writers are offering in terms of setting for WK. It's absolutely trash. The writers claim Wakanda is the true star or it has "Rich history and tapestry and can thrive without T'Challa" then proceed to tell the most boring, generic, racist, or dysfunctional stories they can while still using T'Challas name because there pet characters cant hold anyone's attention because they are poorly thought up and contrived

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I do find it funny how there's apparently a line in the Shuri book that she was passed up for being heir cause she's a girl.

When thats not even the reason why, she's the second child. Of course course inheritance goes to her elder sibling, thats how it is everywhere. Plus the existence of female BP's in the past clearly shows there is no problem with her being a girl, she was just wasn't born the first child.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I do find it funny how there's apparently a line in the Shuri book that she was passed up for being heir cause she's a girl.

When thats not even the reason why, she's the second child. Of course course inheritance goes to her elder sibling, thats how it is everywhere. Plus the existence of female BP's in the past clearly shows there is no problem with her being a girl, she was just wasn't born the first child.
    yep. that's horse shit.

Didn't she throw herself into the challenge ring and lose legitimately?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't she throw herself into the challenge ring and lose legitimately?
    She didn’t even get to fight, the big guy S’Yan had just gotten done beating landed on top of her and she couldn’t get out lol. And I think she brought up getting “robbed” by T’Challa once or twice.

Astonishing Member

Hunter, Jakarra and Shuri should form a club. Then they can have cheese with their whine.

Yeah, that sub tier Shuri Solo by nnedi had her claiming T'Challa resented her, or looked down on her, how she wasn't given the same training as T'Challa etc. Because she was born the wrong gender... But it's been established pretty clearly that is neither true and she wasn't fast enough to challenge (both too slow to dodge big dude, and to slow to get to the ring) its what I said earlier about these wack writers being brought to the mythos of late that bring trash to a black excellence

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Personally hoping for a younger and inexperienced T’Challa in the early days/years as king and BP.
    Aand why the heck would u want more Tchalla being portrayed as a inexperienced clueless bafoon after Coates and Ridley trash did EXACTLY that for the last 10 years?!?

My goodness, why would u want MORE of that... doesn't matter if he is young or not!??!?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Nah, relationships get messed with by marvel. There isn’t a single one that isn’t a dumpster fire. Focus on T’challa. MCU exposure was thoroughly squandered forever, but good stories are still possible let’s see if they can even do that before giving them more ammo to shoot themselves with
    Exactly!!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but if they're really going for the "World outside your window" approach for this Ultimate U, and it is in fact T'challa. He really should be married with a family. Hudlin tried to touch on this, but most monarchies wouldn't allow a King to be unmarried and without a heir. Even if Shuri is also present, that still wouldn't be enough security. I'd love to see this T'challa happily married as well, or atleast a running plot through the series, that he needs to find a Queen.
    "He needs to find a Queen".... Oooh boy, here we go again with this. Did u learn NOTHING from the last time this "needs to find a queen" schtik was done?!?

And even if they get Tchalla a "queen" ..she MUST have superb superpowers not some cheap Catwoman or Black Widow or Mary Jane/ Lois Lane rip off.

Personally, i will prefer is she was already a queen from a humanoid alien race that inhabit a star system or cluster of dimensions. The queen and Tchalla have some heroic escapades together regarding IEW/ Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and her kingdom against certain supervillains...along the way they fall for each other, marry and her kingdom joins or enters a partnership treaty with the IEW.

Whoever this queen will be for Tchalla she should be powerful not some copycat floozzy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If they tone down the bulkiness of the accents it will look pretty Nice actually
    Agreed.

And the accents should be GOLD not looking like sharp bones.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by redjack View Post
    i think...

i think...

i think making wakanda anything more than t'challa's basecamp, except on very limited and special occasions, is the foundational error that will ultimately kill any "new take" on the character or mythology.

wakanda is t'challa's watchtower, avenger's mansion. in itself, it is not a draw and not broadly interesting enough to hold audience attention beyond a tiny niche.

nobody wants to read the adventures of the batcave and bruce wayne's support staff.

t'challa's older than everyone here and everyone who's had their hands on him by decades but his success is only since priest took him in hand. if you're not modeling off that basis you, and the black panther, will fail.

imo
    i partly agree.....i personally think iew is the way to go with wakanda. i recall there were two posters in one of the older bp appreciation forums silverzeal and majestik who proposed a galactic wakanda empire about 4-6 years *before* coates during hudlin's bp era when discussing hudlin's bp annual.

i was a lurker back then but loved their points. they even breakdown the concept of how it would work.

If i recall correctly.....

.....WAKANDA PRIME being like the Vatican AND Mecca

...the IEW central state being a city comprised of 3 or 4 conjoined solar systems

.... how iew came to be throw through economic partnerships and later tech and military support against evil alien empires ultimately leasing to a european union + nato style economic + military combo block before ultimates more and more star systems joined and voted wakanda as the primary leadership accepting bp/ tchalla as their leader with an inter-planetary trans-species council of leadership representing different solar systems and sentient planetary species civilizations.

Obviously there will be ....

....Members of the IEW who are or could be rivals. Wakandans being the default inter-species peace keepers

....Trojan horse Members being incognito proxies to other different [more than 1, perhaps 3 or 4] alien civilizations with some trying to dismantle IEW while others trying to cease the IEW leadership. They will also keep getting into each others way sometimes.

....Exploration of the different resources available and resource allocation from the various species from minerals to skilled labor to natural abilities [superpowers] for all kinds of social, industrial and military efforts.

....Many of the species will be very exotic/ non-humanoid including sentient planets related to EGO

....Plenty of avenue here to handle all kinds of issues and themes more profoundly and all for other Wakandan characters to flourish without putting BP/ Tchalla down.

This concept seems like a wider expansion of a Babylon5 + DS9 + GoT combo.

BP/ Tchalla will of course have his own senior committee who can sub for him when he and/or Shuri are off doing Avengers and Ultimates stuff.

I think perhaps KILLMONGER will be successful in splintering off part of the IEW using cunning, manipulation and coercion leading to an intergalactic civil war which ropes in all the various civilizations in the universe and across dimensions which can even rope in Gods and cosmic beings later.

I am sure there are many bits i don't remember from what Silverzeal and MajestiK proposed about 15 years ago. Tried to find it and failed...but i think its a superb idea.

Wasn't BP/ Tchalla Earth's Ambassador to the Intergalactic council of planets [or something like] for several years?..... And that led nowhere, they did absolutely nothing with it.

Mighty Member

I would be interested if they do an inter-family dispute.

Like T'Challa has other siblings or cousins all vying for the BP/king position and has to compete against them to attain/maintain the habit.
    Nope, NO OTHER SIBLINGS please.....WTH is wrong with y'all?

Cousins i can agree with and makes sense but hell no to "other siblings"...Tchalla has been tarnished enough now u want to also tarnish his mother [or rather Step-mum] Queen Ramonda and/or his dad King Tchaka too?
    Last edited by Besouro; 11-01-2023 at 02:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Introduce new villains.

I'd like to see an all new Jackal that has absolutely nothing to do with Miles Warren.

U learnt NOTHING from all the "new villains" that have been forced into BP in the last 10 -15years?!??

Why not refurbish/ revamp and amp-up BP's classic villains instead??.... What's wrong with that?!?

Ironman, Captain America, Spideman, etc classic supervillains keep returning with new twists snd angles to them, why not do the same for BP?!??

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That and Will Moss being involved are my only concerns , but damnit I want to be hopeful!
    I have been saying it for YEARS in here..... WILL MOSS should be REMOVED from BP