Page 239 of 345 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5166
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, exactly! I'm gonna lose my ish when that ever pops off! I die at the chance to see T'Challa interact, by way of some fight training by one of the greatest, and upgrade Miles suit a lil.
    Could even see some vibranium-weave Spider-Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Eve Ewing did an interview a few weeks ago about her current Black Panther run.

https://blackcomiclords.net/2023/07/...WVs-m5zLKLpqto
    Interesting. Thanks for those particular tidbits you shared there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

[BCL] What do you most want Black Panther fans to get from your run?

EE] What I hope readers will get from my run is a new look at some parts of Wakanda we haven’t previously seen, and a view of T’Challa’s interior life. With all my characters, I want them to grow as people in the time we get to spend together. So I hope that T’Challa will stretch and grow. But I also want this to just be fun, a good time, and an accessible and interesting run that new fans and old can sink their teeth into.
    The parts that look just like NYC!

As for T'Challa's "inner life" and need to "stretch & grow". How many years of him angsting over how bad a king he was have we had now?

Ultimate Member

I was in that chat for that interview. Somebody else here was too.

The Black Panther prowls the Impossible City in the preview of Avengers issue #4:https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/04/ma...he-avengers-4/
    Only thing I disagree with is that T'Challa did anything to make Sam not like him. Sam's being a punk ass right now. Glad T'Challa still has some Bass on his voice

[EE] What I hope readers will get from my run is a new look at some parts of Wakanda we haven’t previously seen,
    Don't really care for this version of Wakanda. It's pretty garbage

Run so far is very lackluster. Really don't see anything exceptional about her version of T'Challa as he is still the "woe is me, I've always been a failure at every aspect of my existence" version we've seen from the last two runs. Also making some odd choices and rookie mistakes in the first two issues with the co-main protagonist Antelope lady. First when he left Changlamire's son without checking to see if the coming person was yet another attacker (turned out to be Beisa). Then letting her Escape capture because he used simple handcuffs instead of just taking her away and questioning her. Honestly, the writing is pretty average even outside of poor characterization and the Hell's Kitchen in Wakanda premise. Shuri calls T'Challa defenseless at one point like he's not currently an Avenger powered by Bast with his own innate skills and intelligence. The main character doesn't know who he is and his support characters don't even know who he is.
    Or maybe his intelligence is lacking still since Nightshade of all people are making gadgets for him now.

I'm just ready for a new editorial team. If the next issue doesn't wow me then I'm already through with the series.

Anyone have the same numbers for the first 2 issues?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

On a funny bit of info I learned. So I was skimming archiveofourown (a fan-fiction site) to check out how many fics a series has and how popular certain pairings are and I stumbled onto the Black Panther page.

What I learned, over 6,000 fics (page counts both movies) and hilariously the most popular pairing is is Shuri/Namor at 789 tags, beating out T'Challa/Killmonger at 523 tags. And amusingly Okoye/Attuma is decently popular at 260 tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On a funny bit of info I learned. So I was skimming archiveofourown (a fan-fiction site) to check out how many fics a series has and how popular certain pairings are and I stumbled onto the Black Panther page.

What I learned, over 6,000 fics (page counts both movies) and hilariously the most popular pairing is is Shuri/Namor at 789 tags, beating out T'Challa/Killmonger at 523 tags. And amusingly Okoye/Attuma is decently popular at 260 tags.
    Eh I just stay away from the MCU portion of the fandom because clearly it’s irreparably stupid.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-08-2023 at 11:58 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I was in that chat for that interview. Somebody else here was too.
    Small world, I suppose.

In the future, should Wakandan magic users be used more often or sparingly as it is now in Black Panther stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Shippers, oye. They think enemies to lovers applies to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Shippers, oye. They think enemies to lovers applies to everybody.
    That’s why they’re the joke of every fandom. And I mean every single one.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Small world, I suppose.

In the future, should Wakandan magic users be used more often or sparingly as it is now in Black Panther stories?

Where are the bottom two pages from?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where are the bottom two pages from?
    Marvel Voices Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Run so far is very lackluster. Really don't see anything exceptional about her version of T'Challa as he is still the "woe is me, I've always been a failure at every aspect of my existence" version we've seen from the last two runs. Also making some odd choices and rookie mistakes in the first two issues with the co-main protagonist Antelope lady. First when he left Changlamire's son without checking to see if the coming person was yet another attacker (turned out to be Beisa). Then letting her Escape capture because he used simple handcuffs instead of just taking her away and questioning her. Honestly, the writing is pretty average even outside of poor characterization and the Hell's Kitchen in Wakanda premise. Shuri calls T'Challa defenseless at one point like he's not currently an Avenger powered by Bast with his own innate skills and intelligence. The main character doesn't know who he is and his support characters don't even know who he is.
    Or maybe his intelligence is lacking still since Nightshade of all people are making gadgets for him now.

I'm just ready for a new editorial team. If the next issue doesn't wow me then I'm already through with the series.

Anyone have the same numbers for the first 2 issues?
    I thought issue 3 wasn't out till the 23rd?

Small world, I suppose.

I want the magic
    I want the tech
    I want the proper level of threats to the main character and his environment that makes him and them raise their game rather than lower it to street level ABC comic storytelling.
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-09-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Small world, I suppose.

Speaking of magic in Wakanda, any thoughts on Spider-Man: The Lost Hunt by J.M. DeMatteis tying what Kraven did to Spider-Man in Kraven's Last Hunt to Wakandan mysticism learned (or somewhat more accurately, misappropriated) from a Wakandan expatriate who befriended him in an attempt to help him exorcise his inner demons?
    The spider is always on the hunt.