Page 279 of 345 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5166
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I don't think Eve Ewing is a bad writer. Thus far, I'm liking Ewing more than Coates or Ridley. And love or hate him, Ridley is a successful fiction writer (of novels, comics, and screenplays). Though I don't think superhero comics are the best place for her writing. Maybe some indie crime book would suit her best.

I'm torn over whether to support a book that I don't think is good or not because it headlines a character or has a creator I want to back. I've done just that in the past.

I didn't cancel my subscription to Coates or Ridley's runs, though I didn't renew them. That said, I went ahead and bought the rest of Ridley's run out of morbid curiosity to see where he would take it. I also don't plan on cancelling my subscription of Ewing's run, but right now I don't know if I will renew (if it makes to past 12 issues). I've renewed Blade and Miles Morales already because I've enjoyed the stories I've read. With Ewing's Black Panther I'm still waiting to see what this run is all about.
    She is not.

She inherited a mess that was not her doing.

She like others mainly Meghan Fitzmartin were given characters with long history and in ALL of them were victims of editorial nonsense.

This would probably fit better as a solo book for Bensia than T'Challa. If they were going to toss T'Challa here-this book should have be going to set up the city and Bensia before T'Challa arrives.

So folks would already know about the crime families and how that city got to it's current state versus this slow burn.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She is not.

She inherited a mess that was not her doing.

She like others mainly Meghan Fitzmartin were given characters with long history and in ALL of them were victims of editorial nonsense.

This would probably fit better as a solo book for Bensia than T'Challa. If they were going to toss T'Challa here-this book should have be going to set up the city and Bensia before T'Challa arrives.

So folks would already know about the crime families and how that city got to it's current state versus this slow burn.
    Eve isn't bad, she's just mediocre. Mediocre could've worked right after Coates nonsense, a weak story, but T'Challa is written decent enough. But she is following after Coates and Ridley. So she feels very lukewarm, but quickly edging closer to Coates and Ridley territory.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Granted fucked up status quo she inherited aside, Ewing has not exactly been putting her best foot forward here.

As mentioned the fact we haven't been introduced to any of the actual villains or members of the mob families is downright amateurish. This goes beyond just being a slow burn, I don't know why she's taking so long with this.

When Liss did his run he introduced Vlad from the start, immediately setting him up so you know "This is the guy BP is going to be fighting, he's the main antagonist" and from there everything revolved around BP and Vlad's escalating war with each other. It's goof set-up, which makes me wonder why Ewing hasn't at least introduced a starting lower-boss to tango for a bit.

I think the biggest problem with the current run is that Ewing is telling a story WITH T'Challa, not ABOUT T'Challa. You could plug in any of a half-dozen heroes, and it wouldn't change much at all.

Niffleheim

Incidental T'Challa.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many Wakandans are secretly packing heat?
    Liss had normal wakandas AND shuri straight up packing that heat when the Hand showed up

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think the biggest problem with the current run is that Ewing is telling a story WITH T'Challa, not ABOUT T'Challa. You could plug in any of a half-dozen heroes, and it wouldn't change much at all.
    Eve's no different that Coates and Ridley, more interest in "World building" and her "Pet OCs" than T'Challa. He is incidental to the story and if they could get the support from fans, would just focus on their OCs and ruining the world to make their characters be the change to whatever fabricated BS they cook up. The only difference is Eve is treating T'Challa with slightly more respect that Coates or Ridley

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eve's no different that Coates and Ridley, more interest in "World building" and her "Pet OCs" than T'Challa. He is incidental to the story and if they could get the support from fans, would just focus on their OCs and ruining the world to make their characters be the change to whatever fabricated BS they cook up. The only difference is Eve is treating T'Challa with slightly more respect that Coates or Ridley
    A respectful guest star is still a guest star.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many Wakandans are secretly packing heat?
    They have contracted that most virulent of conditions: Marvel Civilian-itus

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    A respectful guest star is still a guest star.
    Oh I'm not complimenting her at all. She is just a slight step above those two, but she is doing the same isht they did just with not as obvious distain or open hostility as the others

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...omics-statues/

Marvel Comic Classic – Black Panther (Comic) Mini Bust
    "A Diamond Select Toys release! DST's comic-based line of Marvel mini-busts is traveling all the way to Wakanda for their next release! Depicting T'Challa in his gold-trimmed Black Panther gear, this regal mini-bust sits atop a gold ornamental base and measures approximately 5.5 inches tall. It is limited to only 3,000 pieces and comes packaged with a numbered certificate of authenticity in a full-color window box. Designed by Nelson X. Asencio, sculpted by Juan Pitluk!"
    Gee no bust for Shuri, Tosin or Wakanda-I thought they mattered more than T'Challa.

Guess it's not just a mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...omics-statues/

Gee no bust for Shuri, Tosin or Wakanda-I thought they mattered more than T'Challa.

Guess it's not just a mantle.
    Stuff like this gives me hope that T’Challa will be in earth 6160 and the upcoming video game.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Nice, and looks like it comes separate from the other 6 so you're not stuck with a random body part for the Build-A-Figure

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Interesting that the recent bust and this figure are taking from the Priest-era design. Someone in marketing knows their audience.