Page 341 of 345 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345 LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Certainly not a self-insert "killmonger" from Oakland trained strickly by the US Military giving the best warrior in Wakanda an L hand to hand.

I'm just reposting public sentiment. It's not my fault a substantial portion of the Casual audience viewed the waterfall fight the way they did. A better director would have been more clear about the circumstances that led to that embarrassing "is this your king moment" which never should have happened in an introductory Black Panther movie anyway.
    It only served Coogler's muse Michael B Jordan

Good movie tho
    Regardless of the circumstances that was clouding his mind during that challenge, I hope there is a variant(s) of T'Challa who had the good sense of killing N'Jadaka 45 seconds in since the beginning of the first strike.

This?
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1600928194043207681

From the Marvel Snap mobile game promotions
    Yeah! That animation is top notch, I would really like to see a animated BP movie in that style.

My kids and I watched across the spider verse today and man... I really want to see a BP animated movie now, and for them to go all out colors wise like spider verse

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ekie on twitter acting like Killmonger never gave T'Challa problems lol
    I mean... When T'Challa was serious he whooped that ass. He was the biggest threat with his Initial shock value once he lost that, he got moonwalked on

Certainly not a self-insert "killmonger" from Oakland trained strickly by the US Military giving the best warrior in Wakanda an L hand to hand.

I'm just reposting public sentiment. It's not my fault a substantial portion of the Casual audience viewed the waterfall fight the way they did. A better director would have been more clear about the circumstances that led to that embarrassing "is this your king" moment which never should have happened in an introductory Black Panther movie anyway.
    It only served Coogler's muse Michael B Jordan

Good movie tho
    I have no problem with T'Challa taking the L because it was very clear WHY he lost, and it wasn't a skill issue. Sometimes casuals get too caught up in the flare that they gloss over the finer details. That being said though, the editing and warriors falls fight could've done a much better job convey to the audience in the theater and those witnessing the fight that something was wrong with T'Challa, and the Yield shouldve been better edited and more forcefully delivered with a pause in the fight to show everyone T'Challa, had he wanted, could kill Erik. That's my issue with the L. It's not as well done as it should of been

I don’t have any issue with how that fight went down and I’m not sure how much more obvious it could have been made that T’Challa was the far better fighter other than Ryan holding the audience’s hand and explaining it to them or the equivalent of editor notes appearing on screen. Literally not even 30 seconds into their fight T’Challa could’ve ended it and the second was when he decided to cut his cheek instead of the killing blow which made Erik realize the difference and change up tactics. People are either deliberately playing dumb about it or they’re simply are because it’s not super subtle or Ryan trying to trick us into thinking that Erik is far above him.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I don’t have any issue with how that fight went down and I’m not sure how much more obvious it could have been made that T’Challa was the far better fighter other than Ryan holding the audience’s hand and explaining it to them or the equivalent of editor notes appearing on screen. Literally not even 30 seconds into their fight T’Challa could’ve ended it and the second was when he decided to cut his cheek instead of the killing blow which made Erik realize the difference and change up tactics. People are either deliberately playing dumb about it or they’re simply are because it’s not super subtle or Ryan trying to trick us into thinking that Erik is far above him.
    People don't actualy watch movies a lot of times. THey hold half their attention while they look for "flaws" to post on twitter instantly
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Read Issue #7 yesterday. I felt it was another meandering issue. It served as a better travelogue than story, with Dr. Ewing giving us more new places in the city for T'Challa to explore rather than building toward a showdown with the Kivu'Ma demon. The reasons for the travelogue weren't bad, however, it just felt like T'Challa would've gotten the lay of the land before this issue. Further, I'm iffy on the reasons why he hadn't. In a way, I get that his approach to protecting the city might've been more about ego and from old monarchial habits dying hard, and that he was keeping himself distant because of that, but at the same time, I don't know if that jibes with how meticulous T'Challa usually is. Ewing's T'Challa can fight much better than Ridley's, so the action scenes in this issue were welcome. The artwork was mostly good, until the final panel, which had a weirdly shaped Monet.

I might have read an issue of her Ironheart, but don't really remember, but I did read Ewing's Photon miniseries and now seven issues of her Black Panther. I think she does a good job getting the main character's voices, but the stories don't come together. I don't know how they are supposed to neatly put this story into satisfying arcs, much less trades. There was a similar issue with Ridley's run. Further, I don't think the villains or challenges in either Photon or thus far with Black Panther, have been all that compelling. I did get a subscription, same as I did for Coates and Ridley, but I don't know right now if I'm going to renew it. Being on the fence about renewing is actually is better than I felt with Coates and Ridley, because I didn't renew my subscription for either (though I did keep buying Ridley's run, and some of Coates', at the comic bookstore).

Maybe Ewing is going for a 12-issue arc, but the story isn't that compelling. For something as ambitious, she needs to deliver a lot more on action and thrills, even some romance, just something to keep the readers hooked and eager for next month. It took six issues just to get the (supposedly) main villain's origin story, and then he's largely absent in the next issue, and it's back to the crime families (new characters no one knows, and I doubt fewer care about). I still think the one-shot Wolverine/BP crossover had a better villain than what Ewing has given us here. I also think Liss's Vlad the Impaler was a more interesting crime lord. And, of course, Liss pitting BP against Kingpin was better.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 12-29-2023 at 06:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    Attachment 136475

As a life long Black Panther enthusiast, I wanted to let the CBR family know how much I appreciate the efforts of all involved in keeping content and information about my favorite superhero so readily available.

While I may not post much, I do in fact visit this site very often, visitations going back to the days of Sinjection, Umbra/Seven, Mr MajestiK/Salustrade, Flex Hectic, and DigiCom before he was DigiCom.

I got my start at Alvaro's Comic Board. Shortly afterwards I began posting in the Hudlin Entertainment Forum and later found CBR. I thoroughly enjoyed creating content and remain disappointed that the HEF is no longer around.

Again my gratitude to MindofShadow, Emperorjones, Ezyo1000 and to all who fellowship here at CBR. A special note of appreciation to the only person proven to be qualified to write the Black Panther... Redjack.

Ture
    Thanks Ture. Happy Holidays to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah! That animation is top notch, I would really like to see a animated BP movie in that style.

My kids and I watched across the spider verse today and man... I really want to see a BP animated movie now, and for them to go all out colors wise like spider verse
    Same. Miles is extremely lucky to have gotten that. It would do so much for T'Challa if don't by the right ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I have no problem with T'Challa taking the L because it was very clear WHY he lost, and it wasn't a skill issue. Sometimes casuals get too caught up in the flare that they gloss over the finer details. That being said though, the editing and warriors falls fight could've done a much better job convey to the audience in the theater and those witnessing the fight that something was wrong with T'Challa, and the Yield shouldve been better edited and more forcefully delivered with a pause in the fight to show everyone T'Challa, had he wanted, could kill Erik. That's my issue with the L. It's not as well done as it should of been
    I agree. The audiance needs spoon fed sometimes

Same. Miles is extremely lucky to have gotten that. It would do so much for T'Challa if don't by the right ppl
    and a video game. And a big appearance in another one.

Pain.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yep. Shuri is literally yelling at T'Challa to snap out of it. Cause he's not all going all out until it was too late.

Ultimate Member

Just took a peek at the Amazon graphic novel charts and I've noticed that One Nation Under Feet is still one of the top sellers there.

It's almost always a feature on the top graphic novel sales charts (in Canada).

This suggests there's real interest in the character, the problem is the stories have been underwhelming.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-29-2023 at 09:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Scooper is saying Iron Fist is in Eyes of Wakanda.
    https://twitter.com/Retro_Actual/sta...114576798?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Read Issue #7 yesterday. I felt it was another meandering issue. It served as a better travelogue than story, with Dr. Ewing giving us more new places in the city for T'Challa to explore rather than building toward a showdown with the Kivu'Ma demon. The reasons for the travelogue weren't bad, however, it just felt like T'Challa would've gotten the lay of the land before this issue. Further, I'm iffy on the reasons why he hadn't. In a way, I get that his approach to protecting the city might've been more about ego and from old monarchial habits dying hard, and that he was keeping himself distant because of that, but at the same time, I don't know if that jibes with how meticulous T'Challa usually is. Ewing's T'Challa can fight much better than Ridley's, so the action scenes in this issue were welcome. The artwork was mostly good, until the final panel, which had a weirdly shaped Monet.

I might have read an issue of her Ironheart, but don't really remember, but I did read Ewing's Photon miniseries and now seven issues of her Black Panther. I think she does a good job getting the main character's voices, but the stories don't come together. I don't know how they are supposed to neatly put this story into satisfying arcs, much less trades. There was a similar issue with Ridley's run. Further, I don't think the villains or challenges in either Photon or thus far with Black Panther, have been all that compelling. I did get a subscription, same as I did for Coates and Ridley, but I don't know right now if I'm going to renew it. Being on the fence about renewing is actually is better than I felt with Coates and Ridley, because I didn't renew my subscription for either (though I did keep buying Ridley's run, and some of Coates', at the comic bookstore).

Maybe Ewing is going for a 12-issue arc, but the story isn't that compelling. For something as ambitious, she needs to deliver a lot more on action and thrills, even some romance, just something to keep the readers hooked and eager for next month. It took six issues just to get the (supposedly) main villain's origin story, and then he's largely absent in the next issue, and it's back to the crime families (new characters no one knows, and I doubt fewer care about). I still think the one-shot Wolverine/BP crossover had a better villain than what Ewing has given us here. I also think Liss's Vlad the Impaler was a more interesting crime lord. And, of course, Liss pitting BP against Kingpin was better.
    My issue with Ewing is the same as Coates and Ridley, they want to tell this big epic but lack the experience, skill, and material to actually tell an epic. So they start padding issues with "world building" they get sidetracked with their pet characters, and end telling back stories for characters no one cares about. They should be telling 4-6 issue stories and if they want a big epic. Break it up on the same manner. Have connected "self contained" stories of that makes sense. Like McGregors Panthers Rage. The overall story was T'Challa getting back up to have a final showdown with Erik after he got thrown off the waterfall, but in between that we saw he had mini boss fights with dinosaurs, giant crocodiles, King cadaver, Baron Macabre etc. Which was almost part of the larger story.

The aforementioned 3 can't do that, and the story flounders an people lose interest. Priest and Hudlin had success because they kept their stories on track and 6 issues at the longest