Page 206 of 345 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5166
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I know you’re joking but some people have legit said Kang and Namor should be retired from the MCU all together. Which is asinine because unlike T’Challa their actors are allegedly not good people to begin with on top of still being alive.
    Would those be the SAME folks defending the Flash actor and movie? SO much Jedi hand waving for that mess.

Funny about those double standards....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We all know which people were defending the Flash guy so let's leave that for the appropriate thread over in DC side.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We all know which people were defending the Flash guy so let's leave that for the appropriate thread over in DC side.
    Since its talking about double standards seems it belongs in this thread just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I know you’re joking but some people have legit said Kang and Namor should be retired from the MCU all together. Which is asinine because unlike T’Challa their actors are allegedly not good people to begin with on top of still being alive.
    Yeah, it's hypocrisy at its finest. It's ridiculous

Astonishing Member

It’s presumably alot easier to spin a recast internally and to the world where the actor has done/is accused of doing a big no no. (eg Ross was almost certainly getting recast even had Hurt lived)

Also where money is concerned, since DC was what, 200 million + into Flash when Miller’s BS became unspinnable?

Welp todays the day. Let’s hope for the best and brace for the worst.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 06-14-2023 at 06:12 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I loved the first issue

The world building in this one issue made things feel more substantial than Coates and Ridley’s runs combined. The comic has a beating heart

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I loved the first issue
    I didn't. Page after page of wordy monologues where T'Challa whines about not knowing he is, world-building that boils down to "US City, but with only black people", and the new character looks and acts like an African-American academic (which makes sense, given who his father is).

I'm not even going to give this an arc. But I bet the literary crowd will LOVE it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I didn't. Page after page of wordy monologues where T'Challa whines about not knowing he is, world-building that boils down to "US City, but with only black people", and the new character looks and acts like an African-American academic (which makes sense, given who his father is).

I'm not even going to give this an arc. But I bet the literary crowd will LOVE it.
    And since when does the most advance folks on the planet need to have AC units for apartments?

That city looked like something out of Blade Runner without Harrison Ford running around.

Literary crowd can love it all they like but will they put their MONEY where their mouths are or will they like the usual suspects blame US for the book not selling?

I’m going to read it after work and give a brief review then. I pre-ordered but will probably just get the kindle download if the issue isn’t at my spot when I get there. I think buying the book regardless is a god idea. Because after Marvel killed of TChalla in the MCU, what better way to show that he is still relevant and needed in Marvel than to buy his solo. If you don’t buy it, it contributes to Marvel thinking they can move on without him.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 06-14-2023 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m going to read it after work and give a brief review then. I pre-ordered but will probably just get the kindle download if the issue isn’t at my spot when I get there. I think buying the book regardless is a god idea. Because after Marvel killed of TChalla in the MCU, what better way to show that he is still relevant and needed in Marvel than to buy his solo. If you don’t buy it, it contributes to Marvel thinking they can move on without him.
    Except they know they can't, hence why he is in avengers, and they keep relaunching his Solo. They need to can the writers they are hiring and get some who are professionals and actually want to write T'Challa. Idgaff who they are, what race, gender, or whatever. I want someone who cares about T'Challa and his world and wants to elevate HIM.

Supporting trash because it's T'Challas solo just leads to more trash

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ultimate Member

Supporting stuff like this is how Peter Parker fandom is getting what they get in Amazing Spider-Man.

Same with all the folks who FOREVER whine about certain books and creators of non-black demographic yet show up every month to buy the books.

Same with the whining about Batman and Harley in everything. Can't cry about them holding DC hostage when you buy everything they are in.

Show me how Marvel thinks they can move on from him when EVERYTHING they have tried with anti-T'Challa movement has not SOLD?

The merchandise department isn't making Shuri or Wakanda clogs-they made T'Challa ones.

If I want T'Challa shaped pancakes-guess what Wal-Mart sells a T'Challa pancake pan.

Shuri is not getting anything new until 2025.

Wakanda itself is getting NOTHING.

If he did not matter shouldn't Eve be doing a Shuri and Wakanda book that shows how they moved on from T'Challa?

Why is he getting volume 8 while Shuri isn't getting volume 3 like Riri is?

Where is Namor Protector of Wakanda book at??

Where is Tosin's book???

Oh that's right NOBODY is going to buy those.

And the same fake woke folks who marched in here to attack us-won't be buying those books ether.

FYI for the trade
    BLACK PANTHER VOL. 1
    Book 1 of 1: BLACK PANTHER | by Chris Allen and Eve L. Ewing | Jan 2, 2024

Spectacular Member

They were never going to move own without him. Shuri is still going to be Black Panther in the films if that's what your going on about.