Page 233 of 345 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude... That's the type of detail I need to see on the habit.

It's simple yet detailed, I say I like this more that the silver or gold accents TBH

It’s dope. There are some creative pins on that site. And they have some creative takes on the habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It’s dope. There are some creative pins on that site. And they have some creative takes on the habit.
    Oh yeah, I know, I have a whole section of pins dedicated to BP

Incredible Member

i like eve Ewing BP so far its not groundbreaking but its written like a action-packed comic book reminds me of a Saturday morning cartoon
    type comic and im cool with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Orlando Jones was my pick (with a better creative team attached).
    Attachment 133346

Denzel would have made a perfect T'Chaka for so many irl reasons
    Yo, flawless casting decision to drop Orlando Jones in that role! Remember when he did Ananisi from American Gods, if he were a bit more unhinged it would be a spot on Achebe!

Yeah... Just read BP #2. While i still enjoy the art and the writing isn't necessarily bad, it was a boring read. But beyond that it felt very generic and the final 66% of the story i feel like was just pure Batman Returns. I will give issue 3 a shot but not a strong issue at all for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yo, flawless casting decision to drop Orlando Jones in that role! Remember when he did Ananisi from American Gods, if he were a bit more unhinged it would be a spot on Achebe!
    That's where I saw the vision lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    i like eve Ewing BP so far its not groundbreaking but its written like a action-packed comic book reminds me of a Saturday morning cartoon
    type comic and im cool with that...
    Yup. Good not great isn't gonna cut it at this point for the franchise. Batman allegory for Panther can only be so good.

Incredible Member

Yup. Good not great isn't gonna cut it at this point for the franchise. Batman allegory for Panther can only be so good.
    Her book will sell decently lol it’s like an 8/10 imo.,
    I like Her BP so far its grounded but not boring imo

Astonishing Member

If you’re saying it’s good not great then Ewing must be cooking something fantastic in that book lol. Everyone’s expectations coming into this run were low so I’m pleasantly surprised to see y’all not hate it.

Not crazy about the Batman inspiration but if T’Challa’s written half-decently I can live with that for a bit. I think part of the appeal of this direction is that it’s safe and you can tell “basic” stories to rebuild T’Challa. That’s what’s needed more than anything, the last few volumes completely failed at capturing the character’s voice and had him acting OOC.

What made it boring for me, and boring may not be the right word is that i feel i've seen it and read it before. The new female character felt very much like Selena Kyle, even the descriptions of the scene and as someone who has followed several catwoman runs and batman here and there it felt like a retread of that almost to a t in a new setting. Then when it came to their interaction it felt very much like Catwoman/Batman from Batman returns and the energy between them. I mean the arrest/cuff scene was screaming the roof fight from Batman Returns. So rather than boring i guess it feels like it didn't bring anything new or exciting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

That's the word I was looking for it's a safe very good comic so far.
    It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's safe, and I'm enjoying the read so far...

Ultimate Member

LOL..I'm looking forward to Beisa and T'Challa falling in love only for her to leave him at the altar.

I kid, I kid but seriously, this is all very, very ,very Batman inspired. Modern Batman especially.

It's not as boring as the last run but it's not a terrible comic yet.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-19-2023 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    That's the word I was looking for it's a safe very good comic so far.
    It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's safe, and I'm enjoying the read so far...
    Safe is definitely a good word. Safe and a bit refurbished.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOL..I'm looking forward to Beisa and T'Challa falling in love only for her to leave him at the alter.

I kid, I kid but seriously, this is all very, very ,very Batman inspired. Modern Batman especially.

It's not as boring as the last run but it's not a terrible comic yet.

Very modern. When she said "where are you love" or something like that i immediately thought of Catwoman looking for i think Holly and that storyline.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it's mid. It's like, a generic Batman comics. And this Gotham city in Wakanda, it's so american... not bad but not good either. A totally forgettable comics, and it will be 12 issues at best.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If you’re saying it’s good not great then Ewing must be cooking something fantastic in that book lol. Everyone’s expectations coming into this run were low so I’m pleasantly surprised to see y’all not hate it.

Not crazy about the Batman inspiration but if T’Challa’s written half-decently I can live with that for a bit. I think part of the appeal of this direction is that it’s safe and you can tell “basic” stories to rebuild T’Challa. That’s what’s needed more than anything, the last few volumes completely failed at capturing the character’s voice and had him acting OOC.
    Well you should know that everyone here gives things a fair shake. We don't just hate something just to hate it. It's what I like about this fandom. Coates got a fair shake despite ALL the red flags we was displaying from day 1. Ridley got a fair shake, Ewing gets one too.

I read the issue. It's fine. I don't care about being beat over the head with how poor Birnin T'Chaka is or how Wakanda isn't that great.

I don't care for all the Batman comparisons, but it beats the hell out of T'Challa moping or getting ragged on by redshirt OCs no one gives two ishts about. But I don't care for this idea that T'Challa needs help or can't come up with his own tech when on his own. Liss did it and made radio shack panther. I feel like this is more sterilizing T'Challas character traits to give support something to do but these support don't actually need to be there
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 07-19-2023 at 07:27 PM.