Page 27 of 345 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Lol that's why I only mentioned Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.
    Ekie checked out early in the Coates run. Stopped reading a long time ago I believe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    He basically writes him as Ultimate Captain America which makes you wonder if Ridley has any idea of the character he's writing

I think the funniest thing about all this is that all the good will Ridley got from making Other Side of the DC Universe is being pissed away. I've seen at least one person specifically naming that comic while disavowing him.
    Because with that run it looked like he did research and even when he didn't have info (Malcolm and Karen mainly) he made it work.

It's like he took that gig seriously. So what happened between that book and now? Even American Way was NOWHERE like this.

He basically writes him as Ultimate Captain America which makes you wonder if Ridley has any idea of the character he's writing

I think the funniest thing about all this is that all the good will Ridley got from making Other Side of the DC Universe is being pissed away. I've seen at least one person specifically naming that comic while disavowing him.
    Good. May his reputation continue to crater.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ridleys issue.

Trash. Just trash. Deserves nothing more. The only good thing MAYBE is that T'Challa and Namor can FINALLY squash the beef and move tf on
    Idk how to feel if it's a 5 headed move by Namor to squash the beef and move on, keep in mind he's probably the most impulsive character in comics.

Ridley was probably a heartbeat away from "DO YOU THINK THIS A ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR RAPE CAMPS?"
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Good. May his reputation continue to crater.
    Dude can you imagine had Dan Didio not been fired from DC and 5G wasn't cancelled?

Because Didio was shaping up to give Ridley the keys to the Bat-Kingdom. Ridley was originally planned to be the main writer and architect of the Batman ongoing before the cancellation of 5G meant Bruce Wayne wouldn't be killed off and fully replaced which shifted all his Batman plans to a subsidiary title.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m hoping this is an “ugly Sonic” moment for Marvel. Everyone and their mother is roasting this run so I think they have no choice but to listen.
    Yeah, I haven't seen this many people voicing up for Tchalla ever. Its good he is getting the fan support he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    With that monstrosity of a movie out and no black panther news for the foreseeable future I'm thinking #RecastTChalla may morph intoan unofficial voice for the character publicly that he had never really had. This Ridley run has ppl who didn't become vocal about the character until the movement started. now calling out John Ridley and trending the character.
    If that becomes the rallying cry to protect T'Challa then so be it. I have faith that it will get people at marvel listening

Ultimate Member

Dude can you imagine had Dan Didio not been fired from DC and 5G wasn't cancelled?

Because Didio was shaping up to give Ridley the keys to the Bat-Kingdom. Ridley was originally planned to be the main writer and architect of the Batman ongoing before the cancellation of 5G meant Bruce Wayne wouldn't be killed off and fully replaced which shifted all his Batman plans to a subsidiary title.
    DC really, REALLY dodged a bullet there.

Imagine Ridley had taken over with Jace as the main Batman.

It would have been a complete trashfire.

Still two more issues to go. I really haven’t been able to bring myself to read anything beyond issue #3. And that was mainly because I was going to give anything BP related a shot. This guy sh** the bed. And I don’t think he gives a damn. The only thing that makes me feel good is the he’ll he’s catching on Twitter. I’ll probably go over and take a look just so I can get a good laugh. I tweeted about how wack his run was weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    DC really, REALLY dodged a bullet there.

Imagine Ridley had taken over with Jace as the main Batman.

It would have been a complete trashfire.
    Weirdly enough the 5G Batman would have been Luke Fox, not Jace

No idea why they changed it after 5G got cancelled, its some weird stuff all around

Though it should note one of the known 5G plans was to make Damian Wayne a supervillain and dictator alongside a toleration Superman so yeah it would have been a fucking trashsfire alright

In his farewell memo to Black Panther, he tries to plug Tosin and Buffalo Soldier. That shows you right there who he really cares about.

He’ll probably do his best to incorporate TChalla in whatever Marvel title he writes next, so he can drag him some more.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 01-11-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Still two more issues to go. I really haven’t been able to bring myself to read anything beyond issue #3. And that was mainly because I was going to give anything BP related a shot. This guy sh** the bed. And I don’t think he gives a damn. The only thing that makes me feel good is the he’ll he’s catching on Twitter. I’ll probably go over and take a look just so I can get a good laugh. I posted about how wack his run was on Twitter weeks ago.
    Ridley deserves all of the backlash he's getting on twitter but Marvel needs to be held just as accountable if not moreso. They actually let this self hating dude have Captain America tell T'Challa to go back to Africa and then whooped his ass a quart low. This is just embarrassing but clearly it's what the company want for the most prominent black male character..

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Marvel needs to be held just as accountable
    I think so too. I hope they’re paying attention.

Spectacular Member talentedbutnot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ridley deserves all of the backlash he's getting on twitter but Marvel needs to be held just as accountable if not moreso. They actually let this self hating dude have Captain America tell T'Challa to go back to Africa and then whooped his ass a quart low. This is just embarrassing but clearly it's what the company want for the most prominent black male character..
    Pretty much this. Those responsible saw it and said "yeah, let's go with that," whether Ridley wanted it to happen or not. He has no power. But he is complicit so he should be called out just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    In his farewell memo to Black Panther, he tries to plug Tosin and Buffalo Soldier. That shows you right there who he really cares about.

He’ll probably do his best to incorporate TChalla in whatever Marvel title he writes next, so he can drag him some more.
    What was that memo again?

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Idk how to feel if it's a 5 headed move by Namor to squash the beef and move on, keep in mind he's probably the most impulsive character in comics.

Ridley was probably a heartbeat away from "DO YOU THINK THIS A ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR RAPE CAMPS?"
    It will finally shut it the this dumb drama the F*** up then whatever. It was wasted and it does nothing keeping them fighting