Page 283 of 345 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5166

At least it’s T’Challa. Not a fan of the exposed mouth and large accents but the rest of the suit might grow on me in time. Disappointed to see Moss will be editor here too. Caselli on art is a plus. Hill did a good job with his one shot and I heard positive things about his Blade so hopefully this will be good.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

As long as it's T'Challa im excited, for sure going to head to the comic shop for the 1st time in years to get a few paper number 1s. Maybe in the Ultimate universe Erik and Hunter could be cool dudes and be actually supporting characters for T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

6160 T’CHALLA BABY! God I’m excited! Let this be the lifeline for the franchise in a dark era like the original Ultimate Spider-Man was.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=241656731

Bryan Hill is writing, hell yeah I love his Blade!
    Hilly might be able to do something solid here and I don't think he'll punk T'Challa...but whose idea was it to give him an exposed mouth? Not to mention it looks like a clunkier take on Black Panther's marketing design look

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The suit isn't great, but:

- It's T'Challa
    - No connection to 616's baggage
    - Bryan Hill is writing
    - Art does look good
    - They're dealing with more of the mythic/mystic side of things
    - They're taking inspiration from the Dune books (one of the many things I've wanted a new writer to do

I'm (cautiously) very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hilly might be able to do something solid here and I don't think he'll punk T'Challa...but whose idea was it to give him an exposed mouth? Not to mention it looks like a clunkier take on Black Panther's marketing design look
    The exposed mouth doesn’t bother me because I think the mouth part of the mask is retractable. But I’m definitely ready to see this story delving into the mystical side of Wakanda. Seems like this is the perfect place for Hill to expand upon his ideas in the unconquered one shot.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

I guess they had to make an obvious change in the costume so it won’t get confused with 616 T’Charlie, having the open mask and all.

I like it.

Not feeling the suit at all but Hill has been killing it on Blade so I will give this a shot.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I just worry if it will be more about worldbuilding than character (again).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh I just realized this is actually dealing with a direct plot-thread in Ultimate Invasion, as Khonshu and Ra are presumably the Egyptian leaders that are members of Maker's Illuminati.

Cool announcement, BP getting his own Ultimate title. Been loving Hill's Blade so I'm excited to see what he's cooking here.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I just worry if it will be more about worldbuilding than character (again).
    Hill did a great job with T’Challa in BP Unconquered and his Blade run is lit. He has my trust, and fingers crossed we’ll get much needed revamps to old villains like Baron Macabre or Madame Slay.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I don't understand how one editor can be allowed to fail a character for so long. Sad to hear Moss is connected to ultimate and Hill isn't my first choice but I think he has alot of potential so I'm excited.

Niffleheim

Was Unconquered 616 or 6160? I hope it's 6160 so that he could continue the story. I can't wait for Hill to explore the themes of gods and colonization.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Best of luck for the new Ultimate series.
    And hopefully...

Just no rampant sexual abuse in Wakanda, modern/past slavery, crime families, or any other stuff that "proves" that Wakanda is just another 'messy' place in the world like all the other depressing locales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Was Unconquered 616 or 6160? I hope it's 6160 so that he could continue the story. I can't wait for Hill to explore the themes of gods and colonization.
    It was 616. My only gripe with Unconquered was that it felt incomplete because it looked like it was setting up a interesting story

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

6160 T’CHALLA BABY! God I’m excited! Let this be the lifeline for the franchise in a dark era like the original Ultimate Spider-Man was.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=241656731

Bryan Hill is writing, hell yeah I love his Blade!
    I hope the habit is just a creative take form the artist and not the final design... I am sad it's not Redjack but hills one shot of T'Challa was good so I am hopeful. Hopefully Moss is as hands off as he had been for the last slew of writer's so hill can cut loose.