Page 284 of 345 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The exposed mouth doesn’t bother me because I think the mouth part of the mask is retractable. But I’m definitely ready to see this story delving into the mystical side of Wakanda. Seems like this is the perfect place for Hill to expand upon his ideas in the unconquered one shot.
    Looking at it again, I agree I think the mouth will be retractable but when he is fighting it fully closes. No point in having a VB suit if your mouth is exposed

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It was 616. My only gripe with Unconquered was that it felt incomplete because it looked like it was setting up a interesting story
    Too bad and Unconquered as a story is going to be left unfinished even afrer it ended with Reed and Strange
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    At least it’s T’Challa. Not a fan of the exposed mouth and large accents but the rest of the suit might grow on me in time. Disappointed to see Moss will be editor here too. Caselli on art is a plus. Hill did a good job with his one shot and I heard positive things about his Blade so hopefully this will be good.
    Yo, I'm reading his Blade book, and if hill writes T'Challa with any of the swagu he put into Blade then I have no problem. I will look at this as a huge step up. Hey if Moss can sit down and not muck stuff up, then this book with a good push, starved fans, and decent writing we might be eatin' soon fam!

I hope that suit isn’t final. Although I’m interested, I don’t think I can bring myself to read it if that’s the suit he’ll be wearing. It’s so off putting to me. The design language is screaming "sharp guy is very very sharp. He’s so sharp, it’s impractical how sharp he is!". Not only is it ugly, mysticism isn’t what I think of when I look at it. Very disappointed.

So I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t mind the look of the suit. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t mind the look of the suit. Lol.
    It's not my favorite design but I don't mind it. Don't hate it that much.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its a very action figure rendition of the suit. It looks way more over the top and toyetic than the more generally understated designs of the habit. Those large spikes very much feels like something you would put on a toy.

Which is ironic cause the Ultimate Universe at least the original verse was known for sorta toning down the costumes and making them comic booky

Fantastic Member

The open mouth looks a little strange to me, but otherwise I'm okay with the suit. I liked the suits from the Coates, Ridley, and thus far Ewing's runs, but haven't liked the depiction in Coates and Ridley, and just feel that T'Challa so far is incidental to Ewing's stories. I say all that to say, I care less about his suit than how he's written. And I liked Hill's one-shot, I liked Hill's Killmonger miniseries, and I'm really into his Blade, so I know I shouldn't have hope after being burned and let down so many times after Hudlin, but there are seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    As long as it's T'Challa im excited, for sure going to head to the comic shop for the 1st time in years to get a few paper number 1s. Maybe in the Ultimate universe Erik and Hunter could be cool dudes and be actually supporting characters for T'Challa.
    That would be a hell of a twist. Or if you want to get crazier, maybe Zanda (inspired by the BPQ version) is his main love interest in this version of the story. Not to mention this is a perfect way for Shuri to be Griot from the jump and solidify her role as a magic based hero. And we can finally have a character being the face of the Hatut Zeraze much like how Okoye is the main Dora Milaje. Maybe an Ultimate Akili or a reimagined Kasper Cole?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Hill dealth with gods/mysticism in both Killmonger and Unconquered so I am excited for him to continue

I have no idea wha tis ggoing on with this ultimate universe so hopefully everything is rather self contained.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hill dealth with gods/mysticism in both Killmonger and Unconquered so I am excited for him to continue

I have no idea wha tis ggoing on with this ultimate universe so hopefully everything is rather self contained.
    Well for one thing, this universe is starting off with a middle aged Peter Parker so things are off to a great start IMO.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That list is very weird.

A lot of the characters haven't been permanently retired. Alfred as played by Michael Gough is no more but the character has not been retired. Same with Spock.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    read it.

with a couple of exceptions which are really grey areas, i stand by my statement.

and, in none of those cases did the character exist PRIOR to the actor creating the role.

T'Challa had already been portrayed by multiple actors prior to Boseman taking on the role.

Retiring the character is nonsense and, more than that it's REALLY bad business. Marvel is squandering the cultural knockout scored by the first film. They need to course-correct.

James Bond, Superman, Batman, Dracula, Dumbledore, Wonder Woman, John Constantine, King Arthur, Sherlock Holmes, Rooster Cogburn, Frankenstein's Monster, Godzilla, James Kirk, Spock, Spider-Man, etc. the list of roles recast, often while the first actor to play them is still alive, is as long as the bible. The list where the opposite happened is almost non-existent.

That's pretty much what is happening with MCU T'Challa. That iteration of the character is retired but he's still showing up in other places. As far as the MCU is concerned, T'Challa is dead but that doesn't mean it's the case elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its a very action figure rendition of the suit. It looks way more over the top and toyetic than the more generally understated designs of the habit. Those large spikes very much feels like something you would put on a toy.

Which is ironic cause the Ultimate Universe at least the original verse was known for sorta toning down the costumes and making them comic booky
    It looks very similar to Black Panther's promotional material design recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks very similar to Black Panther's promotional material design recently.
    Something tells me that artistic drift will have the costume change a few books in so I don't believe the will matter that much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I hope that suit isn’t final. Although I’m interested, I don’t think I can bring myself to read it if that’s the suit he’ll be wearing. It’s so off putting to me. The design language is screaming "sharp guy is very very sharp. He’s so sharp, it’s impractical how sharp he is!". Not only is it ugly, mysticism isn’t what I think of when I look at it. Very disappointed.
    I have a feeling it isn't the final design, or at the very least, it will be toned down. The thing with gaudy outfits like that is they become a pain in the ass to draw a bunch so they will likely tone it down. We have seen it with Shuris design from Coates run and the MA, it's so busy and guady that they simplify it or they don't get used often because it's annoying drawing that a bunch of times. Honestly, I would want something similar to my pfp, the more I look at it, the more I would like accents making it look more catlike and plus having the spots light up when the habit charges energy would be badass, and the spots are subtle enough to be easy to draw