Page 104 of 345 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5166
    Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Wasn't T'Challa the King of the Dead once? So why didn't a creative team have T'Challa try to bring back his friends and in so doing see what would be repurcussions of that act?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Wasn't T'Challa the King of the Dead once? So why didn't a creative team have T'Challa try to bring back his friends and in so doing see what would be repurcussions of that act?

Asking for a friend.
    They've been treating it as like a Avatar the last air bender type of power where he communicates with the dead Black Panthers frequently. That was actually one of the best parts of Coates run IMO.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post

Asking for a friend.

They should really go into more detail about what he can actually do as King of the Dead. I like it, I know some people here don’t, and think it’s a waste. But I think it has real potential. Especially if it’s applied in a way that makes a difference. The most recent example of his KOD power was shown in Avengers when he came into contact with Deathlok. He can command the dead. The dead have to answer to him, he can commune with the dead, and the other powers are pretty vague. I’d be really interested to see what a new writer could do with it. I don’t expect anything from Ewing, but I could be wrong.

Mighty Member

I have always liked the idea of KotD. It has just not been implemented well. Mostly a bunch of ghosts badgering T'Challa. If one of the writers of World of Wakanda? Used it as a plot device in a positive matter such as T'Challa communing, or maybe imhabiting a previous BP for insight or answers to some obstacle or problem.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised people didn't like Man Without Fear on release.
    Bad premise forced on a good writer who made it work.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Also the idea of the American Panther is hilarious for the sheer audacity of the concept.

Imagine how offensive this must be in-universe.

A buncha white supremacist fucks including the Hate-Monger taking the most important iconography of an African country and decking it out in US symbols so they can take it for themselves. Which amusingly they don't know Panther is Wakandan but they do know he's a foreigner so Hate-Monger created the American Panther name with a radicalized bigot in the suit to "take back being a panther" from T.

T'Challa showed incredible restraint not tearing this guy's face off the moment he saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised people didn't like Man Without Fear on release.
    This was following T'challa getting blown up by doom, losing his powers, then Doom War where T'challa lost... a lot.

and then they took this king and threw him in hells kitchen to make him a black Daredevil

with an unknown writer

Not that surprising tbh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This was following T'challa getting blown up by doom, losing his powers, then Doom War where T'challa lost... a lot.

and then they took this king and threw him in hells kitchen to make him a black Daredevil

with an unknown writer

Not that surprising tbh
    My Dude, there's an alternate universe put there were we got Hudlins Doomwar, Redjacks actual BP quest and Solo, an actual BP solo game instead of it being tied to a shitty avengers game, and Chad being alive and being BP for the foreseeable future in the MCU... This timeline has been lacking...

IMO, as soon as it was established that Wakanda had never been beaten, was the most advanced civilization on Earth, the Avengers had been humiliated (duped by the Panther for years) and that Captain America got his ass handed to him by T'Chaka, for some people it became Job 1 to take the whole thing apart.

Broken Panther. Disgraced and abused Wakanda. The rise of useless OCs. Etc.

Every good moment since then has been a lucky fluke.

The whole "joined the Avengers to spy on them" thing is funny to me because it's also canon that he stayed with them longer than he was supposed to to the point his advisors actually complained about it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The whole "joined the Avengers to spy on them" thing is funny to me because it's also canon that he stayed with them longer than he was supposed to to the point his advisors actually complained about it .
    they do good work and he was having fun.

i would think it was like a little vacation hanging with them.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its the thing that while his original intention was to spy on them, he had come to genuinely enjoy being with them, considering them friends, and saving the world.

Because he likes being a superhero more than being a king. Its a common character bit that the king or royalty would much prefer living a more humble life free of the responsibility has to endure as king.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Yea I actually think it humanizes T’Challa to keep that aspect of him joining the Avengers. He can’t be all Wakanda all the time, dude’s a polymath genius and one of the greatest warriors on Earth, being an Avenger should be as exciting as it is challenging for him. But it needs to be firmly established his original intention was to spy on the team and that it was only after a time he started sticking around more out of personal desire than true need.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

I think a part of him does enjoy being a Superhero.

I think a part of him does enjoy being a Superhero.
    I agree. Spying on the Avengers was the first time in his life he met any actual peers. Of course he enjoyed it. Plus, NONE of them are his subjects. That means they treat him like a person, rather than a king or holy emissary. His only other interaction with super people prior to that was the FF and he just beat their asses to make a point.

Being with the Avengers has to be....

Refreshing? Irritating? Probably both, depending on the moment.