Page 190 of 345 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I think whatever Ewing was trying to do would have been better in a different location. Maybe a country next to Wakanda or something would have been more appropriate.
    Could have easily had him in the bordering fictional fighting crime if they wanted to.

Close enough to Wakanda that he could get in in an instant if he wanted to but also him doing "good."

Of course, its dumb he is running around in a panther habit because.. come on lol. "who could it be" lololol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

What app is everyone using now that comixology is down to read online?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Could have easily had him in the bordering fictional fighting crime if they wanted to.

Close enough to Wakanda that he could get in in an instant if he wanted to but also him doing "good."

Of course, its dumb he is running around in a panther habit because.. come on lol. "who could it be" lololol
    I don't know that shoulder pad could belong to anyone! LOL

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    What app is everyone using now that comixology is down to read online?
    I go straight to Amazon, buy it from there, and read via Kindle app on my tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I haven't kept up, what's happened to Peter?
    Basically MJ is married to another man with kids. I at least think they’re married can’t remember. To keep it short when stuck in a apocalypse dimension a dude named Paul pushed Peter through a portal back into the 616. The portal closed leaving MJ behind with the Paul dude and when Peter finally got the tech to save them I guess a few years passed from their POV and she’s with Paul and they have kids but the kids have turned out to be adopted and not their biological kids. The series even had some of the same nonsense with T’Challa and Storm with MJ mentioning why their relationship couldn’t/wouldn’t work and MJ reiterating that she’s not leaving Paul for Peter while Peter is still very much in love with MJ. The backlash got so bad that Wells was warned not to attend any conventions by Marvel. The leaks for the final issue dropped earlier today and they’ll only piss off even more fans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Basically MJ is married to another man with kids. I at least think they’re married can’t remember. To keep it short when stuck in a apocalypse dimension a dude named Paul pushed Peter through a portal back into the 616. The portal closed leaving MJ behind with the Paul dude and when Peter finally got the tech to save them I guess a few years passed from their POV and she’s with Paul and they have kids but the kids have turned out to be adopted and not their biological kids. The series even had some of the same nonsense with T’Challa and Storm with MJ mentioning why their relationship couldn’t/wouldn’t work and MJ reiterating that she’s not leaving Paul for Peter while Peter is still very much in love with MJ. The backlash got so bad that Wells was warned not to attend any conventions by Marvel. The leaks for the final issue dropped earlier today and they’ll only piss off even more fans. [/B]
    [/QUOTE]

The funny thing is the final revelation is pissing off another group of fans and not even Peter Parker fans.

LOLOLOL.

Honestly, the more I think of that image of the purse snatcher the more I become skeptical of this.

Given Wakanda's history and what we know, Wakanda shouldn't have people that fall through the cracks and end up so poor that they need to snatch purses. Certain crimes happen in certain parts of the world for a number of reasons, most of which certainly won't apply to Wakanda. In their quest to deconstruct T'Challa, they're deconstructing Wakanda too.

I think whatever Ewing was trying to do would have been better in a different location. Maybe a country next to Wakanda or something would have been more appropriate.
    Would’ve fit more in Niganda, Arabia, or some new made up country. Pretty much anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by WAKANDA FOREVER! View Post
    The Bat Panther. He's got 5 crime fams. Hopefully he'll have a clown archnemesis, a Batpanthermobile, a Batpanther cave and prep time.
    I feel like it's issue 36 of Priest's run when he just outright made fun of this. Had Achebe as Joker, Malice (Nakia) in the purple Catwoman getup, Killmonger as Two-Face. It's wild to me that they're now trying this route as a legitimate story avenue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not all that different from what's going on with T'Challa to be honest. Disrespected, ineffectual, hated on...etc.
    There is a MAJOR difference....

T'Challa fans can walk away from the book and hurt sales.

You can't do that with Peter Parker.

Because you have stores that will order no matter how bad it may be (as long as the writer isn't a POC in some cases)

Along with Marvel will FLOOD the market with variants to inflate sales.

They did that with T'Challa and you saw drops in the 3000s versus when they did not-it was normal drops of under 500.

Along with folks HATE buying the book despite being asked to STOP.

Marvel's bottom line with Peter will never sniff the decline it has with T'Challa.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, we haven't seen Achebe in a long time...
    The Achebe Who Stopped Laughing
    Last edited by WAKANDA FOREVER!; 05-17-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Coates said he wanted his BP to be some 10 year old's Spider-Man, I don't want to meet the 10 year old who wants to read about rape camps and T'challa getting one upped by randos, self inserts, and his ex-wife. I swear these runs only appeal to nu-blacks who take all their cues from twitter.

Wells's run has been so overwhelmingly cruel to Peter it feels downright unfair. Parker luck aside it's just feels spiteful.
    Wait he wanted 10 year olds read? I don't think I would be comfortable having my kid read a comic with visible sexual assault in it. I mean not to say Spider-Man doesn't have dark stuff but this feels a way touch too far.

And even then dark subject matter aside, the way the book is written doesn't really make it an easy read for younger readers. It is excessively wordy and slow-paced, it wouldn't exactly be a fun read.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait he wanted 10 year olds read? I don't think I would be comfortable having my kid read a comic with visible sexual assault in it. I mean not to say Spider-Man doesn't have dark stuff but this feels a way touch too far.

And even then dark subject matter aside, the way the book is written doesn't really make it an easy read for younger readers. It is excessively wordy and slow-paced, it wouldn't exactly be a fun read.
    And this is why Coates run is collecting DUST at every single school in my school district.

While the other ones like by Ronald Smith and the Shuri novels are the most read.

BANNED

Has anyone read the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda story arc? Do you think it should have continued as an ongoing title series?

The funny thing is the final revelation is pissing off another group of fans and not even Peter Parker fans.

LOLOLOL.
    If I had to guess, [REDACTED] is gonna get revived as a mutant later on this year to resemble her MCU counterpart in the most haphazard form of synergy to date. Bast, it’s really nothing short of a miracle that T’Challa is still alive in the comics.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And this is why Coates run is collecting DUST at every single school in my school district.

While the other ones like by Ronald Smith and the Shuri novels are the most read.
    Like this is not a comic for kids, again darker subject matter aside its a very highbrow story its not really something you give to most younger readers.

There is a huge distinction between a Kamala Khan book vs say a Jonathan Hickman book. You can give a Ms. Marvel story to any kid and they can easily dive into it because the stories and characters are more easy to take in. Meanwhile you can't recommend House of X/Powers of X because its this ultra complex convoluted tail, its a particular type of story for a specific audiences.

Knowing your audience is important after all.