Page 225 of 345 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I should be excited about this but for some reason, I feel nothing.

Maybe it's because there is a possibility that you won't be able to play as T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I should be excited about this but for some reason, I feel nothing.

Maybe it's because there is a possibility that you won't be able to play as T'Challa

I think it’s great. But if TChalla isn’t the playable character I won’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Cliffhanger games?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Same here to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Cliffhanger games?
    I do know the person in charge was initially part of Monolith Productions which made Middle-Earth Shadow of Modor and is currently working on the new Wonder Woman videogame

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    There was a rumor reported last year from a reliable source but he said it wasnt clear if it stars T'Challa or an OC. The way they're speaking in the article I'm hoping it means a young and inexperienced T'Challa taking up the mantle. Also we're likely a long way from seeing anything from this game since the Iron Man game has to release.
    The announcement makes it sounds like an OC, which is very not encouraging. When it was rumors I was ok with things being all abstract but how can you make an announcement and not name the lead character when talking about how important the franchise is?

When Insomniac announced Spider-Man, no question that it was Peter. Same with the Arkham announcements back in the day. It was clear from day 1 you were playing the original mantle holders because it was said. Here they prioritized talking about the “world” and “heroes” but failed to name the most important one. Maybe they either haven’t decided if T’Challa is gonna be the lead yet or they’re hiding that he’s being sidelined.

I’m optimistic it’s T’Challla because I think it makes more business sense over marketing OCs (especially with T’Challa’s eventual return to the MCU by around the time this game releases). But it’s EA and T’Challa has already faced issues these last few years with being pushed aside in his own mythos by creators who see him as a detriment to what they think Black Panther should really be. I’m gonna stay optimistic but won’t be getting too excited until we get more story and gameplay details. Really I’m just waiting for the first teaser, I assume they’ll show us who we’ll be playing as then.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-10-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Same. No T’Challa no Dollas.

Seriously though if they’re dumb enough to have T’Challa die in this game I hope they’re ready to get raked over the coal’s because by the time the game comes out it will have been YEARS since Chadwick passed. At that point it’ll be undeniable they’re trying to profit off of his death.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Per their own words, if you say authentic and definitive that automatically means T'Challa. What other way can you go?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Same. No T’Challa no Dollas.

Seriously though if they’re dumb enough to have T’Challa die in this game I hope they’re ready to get raked over the coal’s because by the time the game comes out it will have been YEARS since Chadwick passed. At that point it’ll be undeniable they’re trying to profit off of his death.
    Not to mention holding T’Challa to a different standard. We’re about to get 3 solo Marvel games where the original mantle holder is the playable lead with Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man. It’s blatant erasure (whether it’s motivated by race, synergy, etc.) to do a AAA Black Panther game and feature OCs instead of T’Challa. And that’s not touching Wonder Woman over at DC or the numerous team franchises that have adapted iconic characters. What is it about T’Challa that makes it so he can’t be the lead, was he really such a bad choice for whatever direction they had planned?

It’s a really bad look to not adapt T’Challa and it adds needless controversy to the game where there doesn’t need to be any. No one will complain if T’Challa is the lead, but you open up a bunch of discourse by erasing him from his own mythos for no reason.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    That article about Ariel was lacking context when it came to the opinion about Shuri and the backlash against the character. Shuri was definitely more than in 10 comic books (so the imprecise meaning there already makes the argument shaky, do they mean graphic novels instead?), but the writer is missing the context of why some people took issue with Shuri becoming the Black Panther in Wakanda Forever that dealt with differing opinions on how to honor Chadwick Boseman's legacy, maintaining a Black male superhero primarily for (Black) children (a want that should be equally as valid as having a Black female superhero role model), and even the controversies Leticia Wright was embroiled in that might have made it harder to sell the film to a broader audience. There is the M-She-U crowd for certain out there, but a lot of the debate I saw, and participated in, was not about that.
    BP2 was a hit. Next time we see Black Panther in the MCU it will be Shuri.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T’Challa is currently trending and it looks to be because people are arguing who’s smarter between T’Challa and Peter. Looking at the replies it looks like a lot are downplaying how smart he is based on the MCU and not anything from his 50+ history
    They down playing T'ChALLA because his skin color. If this were Reed, Batman etc this would not happen. The great Dwayne McDuffie called this out. If y'all not going to call it out why even talk about it

people are so aggressively stupid with this.

there should be two Panthers.

one male. one female.

one for the mystic, servant of Bast
    one for the people, servant of Wakanda

sometimes one is king or queen at the same time as being Panther. Sometimes not.

sometimes BOTH king and queen are Panthers at the same time.

god damn, this isn't rocket science.

T'Challa cured Galactus.

Peter is not in his weight class, intellectually. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by milesvspeter View Post
    BP2 was a hit. Next time we see Black Panther in the MCU it will be Shuri.
    Yeah, they're not recasting T'Challa.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not to mention holding T’Challa to a different standard. We’re about to get 3 solo Marvel games where the original mantle holder is the playable lead with Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man. It’s blatant erasure (whether it’s motivated by race, synergy, etc.) to do a AAA Black Panther game and feature OCs instead of T’Challa. And that’s not touching Wonder Woman over at DC or the numerous team franchises that have adapted iconic characters. What is it about T’Challa that makes it so he can’t be the lead, was he really such a bad choice for whatever direction they had planned?

It’s a really bad look to not adapt T’Challa and it adds needless controversy to the game where there doesn’t need to be any. No one will complain if T’Challa is the lead, but you open up a bunch of discourse by erasing him from his own mythos for no reason.
    Exactly they can’t keep using Boseman’s death as a reason to not use T’Challa especially in projects that have nothing to do with the MCU. Thankfully he’s still around in the comics but that’s not gonna be enough to keep Marvel from making dumb decisions with the character in different mediums.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"