Page 90 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 5166
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And if they did wouldn't sales be better? Aside from Coates first run and volume 1 of the run-nobody is reading the rest of his stuff.

Outside this forum-I have met more folks asking "WTF happen to Black Panther?" Especially black folks asking that question and folks who have NEVER read Black Panther-have heard nothing nice about the past 7 years.

Yet we got cheerleaders acting like everyone loves this stuff.

Let some rape camps show up in Metropolis or Gotham or Paradise Island or Keystone City.
    Let Supergirl or Catwoman or WW tell WOMEN they deserve to be raped.
    Let a bunch of women talk down to Batman or Superman.
    Let Joe Goon Thomas give Batman the beating Cap gave T'Challa.

That writer would be RUN out of the industry and probably blackballed. Yet here it's okay. Because it's black writers doing it.
    The past 8 years is what many fear black writers would do to certain books. Self insert and toss in commentary that is not needed.

Then we wonder why Batman, Superman & Peter Parker can't have a black ongoing writer. A job Priest or Redjack are qualified for.

Store reducing their orders because nobody wants to read the book.

Eve is being set up for pure failure thanks to the previous runs. Even if she was to fix this mess-unless Marvel gives her the leeway they gave Coates when his later run was looking up at all the books at Boom Studios. She might not get to finish fixing stuff.
    About Batman, under Tom King, Bruce did become something of a simp regarding Catwoman and I think DC has kept that going (with all that "Bat and Cat" talk). Granted, I've never seen him being tripped on like T'Challa has been, by any Bat/DC characters, male, female, or even villains.

I don't think the hatchet jobs some of today's Black writers are doing for certain characters has little to do with larger fears of them doing likewise to more popular characters, specifically white characters, because they are white (is there as much bemoaning Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America run as there has been his Black Panther run?). I would argue most of these Black writers will treat white characters with more respect, or they will be reined in to do so. At best I could see them seeking to insert a proxy Black/person of color character into the book on a "seen and heard", desiring validation kind of thing, but there is not going to be widespread deconstruction. I feel some of these Black writers today are being picked for certain reasons that pertain mostly to Black-led books, and that's it. It doesn't expand out into the other books (well, unless it's a more generalized way, not racially specific or as willfully, dare I say, gleefully deconstructionist).

Astonishing Member

Coates’ Cap run had the ‘benefit’ of having editors who had corporate breathing down their neck; obliging him to not mess around with other wheel boxes (eg he kept Ewing and Aaron sufficiently in the loop about his plans that they worked Ross’ fake death in) and had much fewer OCs (even Alexa turned out to be pre-existing)

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you're going to laugh but I can fix all this in two issues.
    I'd Bobby Ewing the f*** out of it, personally. lol But I'm sure your 2-issue story would be much better.

Astonishing Member

Funny “but not haha’ thought: the Deputy PM almost certainly invited herself to T’Challa’s mission in the knowledge this treaty was being signed, specifically to pull this move

The simplest way to resolve this would be Folasade and the MA’s to lose the first General Elections and have the new Prime Minister come and grovel for T’Challa’s return
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 02-04-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    About Batman, under Tom King, Bruce did become something of a simp regarding Catwoman and I think DC has kept that going (with all that "Bat and Cat" talk). Granted, I've never seen him being tripped on like T'Challa has been, by any Bat/DC characters, male, female, or even villains.

I don't think the hatchet jobs some of today's Black writers are doing for certain characters has little to do with larger fears of them doing likewise to more popular characters, specifically white characters, because they are white (is there as much bemoaning Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America run as there has been his Black Panther run?). I would argue most of these Black writers will treat white characters with more respect, or they will be reined in to do so. At best I could see them seeking to insert a proxy Black/person of color character into the book on a "seen and heard", desiring validation kind of thing, but there is not going to be widespread deconstruction. I feel some of these Black writers today are being picked for certain reasons that pertain mostly to Black-led books, and that's it. It doesn't expand out into the other books (well, unless it's a more generalized way, not racially specific or as willfully, dare I say, gleefully deconstructionist).
    Here is the thing.... if a WHITE writer was doing this-the line starts to the left of folks going off. Including so-called Coates defenders.

If this was done to Storm, Misty or any black female lead book-the line starts to the left and right of folks going off with The Mary Sue website and fake woke black folks leading the way.

Yet because it's T'CHalla-it's okay. That is the issue.

Same mess we saw with New 52 Static and DC You Cyborg-both under black editorship. With many Jedi handwaving of it's not a big deal. Yet when it came to running off George Perez and Gail Simone from books suddenly New 52 had issues and that opened the flood gates instead of pointing out how Static showed everyone how messed up New 52 was when you could not get HIM right.

Coates Cap run did not last almost 5 years. Marvel nipped as much as they could with that run. While some of the stuff he did to T'Challa did find it ways to Steve's book. It was never to level it was with T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Outside of Avengers comics I haven't ben reading T'Challa for a while. Anything to recommend? Every time I come in here it feels like there isn't anything going on. (Well there is but you all are saying it's terrible stuff)

I dropped Coates run a while back and never picked up Ridley's. Honestly, it feels like the last comic I got was that Redjack one-shot for the King in Black.
    The last good issue of BlackPanther to come out since Liss

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Funny “but not haha’ thought: the Deputy PM almost certainly invited herself to T’Challa’s mission in the knowledge this treaty was being signed, specifically to pull this move

The simplest way to resolve this would be Folasade and the MA’s to lose the first General Elections and have the new Prime Minister come and grovel for T’Challa’s return
    Nah the best way is for her and her entourage of OCs to get completely crushed by a new threat. The no standing army is bullshit and nonsensical, and the only way to fix this is for this garbage characters to be destroyed and an existing character begging T'Challa to come back.

At this point I see no benefit at all of keeping folasade around, even IF a better writer could make her more interesting. First impressions are key and of you don't nail it right off the bat then there's no need to keep them.

So folasade (and her lap dog), Jhai, Tosin, Omolola, that buffalo soldier and his nonfunny alien side kicks, anyone else added (Coates run too) can be removed and killed off. They are parasites who add no value to the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually doesn't this give T'Challa more freedom to kill Namor?
    Maybe, it all depends on the status of Namor. Is he still ruler of Atlantis? Is he a citizen of Atlantis?

If not, then T'Challa has free rein.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post

Ugh...I hated that "Bat and Cat" stuff from Tom King. After she left Bruce at the altar I thought that should be the end of it. I'm not a fan of "toxic relationships".

And I agree about how the white characters are more "guarded". Even when the writers change things significantly, they simply retcon everything back to the way it was (good examples of these are Superman's identity being made private again or Sins Past getting wholesale retconned).

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Huh this was pointed out to me, this line on this page

"By unanimous vote of the parliament you have been delcared persona non grata and banished from Wakanda for the rest of your remaining days."

It was a unanimous vote to kick him out, not a single person dissented to declaring T'Challa persona non grata. Thats extremally rare ya know, not even the US entering WWII got a unanimous vote.

Not a single person defended him out. They all wanted to him kicked out and are willing to collude with their most hated enemy to do so.

These people are fucking traitors.

Hm. If this wasn't yet another episode of "I hate T'Challa and wish I could kill him off for good but the editors won't let me", wouldn't this lady have immediately turned to laughing Namor and said "You shut the f up, you're on thin ice, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe, it all depends on the status of Namor. Is he still ruler of Atlantis? Is he a citizen of Atlantis?

If not, then T'Challa has free rein.
    Didn't Atlantis kick Namor out recently? I think that happened in Aaron's Avengers but this seems to be ignoring that because T'Challa is immediately trying to kill Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Atlantis kick Namor out recently? I think that happened in Aaron's Avengers but this seems to be ignoring that because T'Challa is immediately trying to kill Namor.
    I thought that was the case but since Marvel doesn't read their own comics, I wasn't sure if they knew that Namor wasn't an Atlantean citizen.

Is there an editor in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I thought that was the case but since Marvel doesn't read their own comics, I wasn't sure if they knew that Namor wasn't an Atlantean citizen.

Is there an editor in the house?
    I figure there's one that makes sure T'Challa doesn't have any legitimate wins, but beyond that anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I figure there's one that makes sure T'Challa doesn't have any legitimate wins, but beyond that anything goes.
    I don't know how much that guy is getting paid but he's working hard to earn that paycheck.