Page 21 of 345 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Saw this yesterday. Has a clip taken from the Marvel Voices podcast where Ridley is talking about what his run is supposed to be about

https://twitter.com/YuhDunKnoEH/stat...01913460576256
    At this point I think being a self hating brother is one of Marvel's requirements to get the solo gig. It's getting pretty clear this is how they want the character to be portrayed. IMO it's a bit telling of what the company actually thinks of us.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Saw this yesterday. Has a clip taken from the Marvel Voices podcast where Ridley is talking about what his run is supposed to be about

https://twitter.com/YuhDunKnoEH/stat...01913460576256
    Again, AT LEAST let Bryan Edward Hill take over after this dumpster fire. John Ridley just comes off as a brother that suffers from an irreparable form of self hatred.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    SERIOUSLY WHOS this run for??? Because at this point I feel this run is for the racists, gators, and unfans who foam at the mouth when T'Challa does ANYTHING a White hero would do. This is truly designed to completely kill any and all forward or upward momentum T'Challa had. They can't kill him in the comics since MCU still has a T'Challa, but they will definitely try to fade him into obscurity and ruin any good things about him to make him irrelevant
    I don't know.

It isn't like the other characters are looking good.

At least Coates made MA and Storm fans happy. He at least had Wakanda be a multiple galaxy powerhouse of sorts.

Who the hell even looks good in this book lol? Dudes not even shoe horning in his own OC's to look great.

Hell, Namor's comment is the first time someones been written in character in like 10 issues lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

SERIOUSLY WHOS this run for??? Because at this point I feel this run is for the racists, gators, and unfans who foam at the mouth when T'Challa does ANYTHING a White hero would do. This is truly designed to completely kill any and all forward or upward momentum T'Challa had. They can't kill him in the comics since MCU still has a T'Challa, but they will definitely try to fade him into obscurity and ruin any good things about him to make him irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't know.

At least Coates made MA and Storm fans happy. He at least had Wakanda be a multiple galaxy powerhouse of sorts.

Who the hell even looks good in this book lol? Dudes not even shoe horning in his own OC's to look great.

Hell, Namor's comment is the first time someones been written in character in like 10 issues lol
    I think the book is for people that have been constantly shitting on T’Challa. All those gators that complain about him “not having earned” his place.

I think Ridley is one of those brothers that feel that black people must remain locked into societal norms and not get too “uppity” hence his Jace Fox becoming a cop in all but name. It’s part of why he looks down upon large parts of black society (he literally wrote an essay about that).

I mean, look at the fight with Captain America, injured or not, he literally didn’t lay a finger on Rogers. Ridley probably feels it’ll be too much of a come up for T’Challa to fight Captain America much less win said fight.

Two more godawful issues to go for this shameful series to end. Sad thing is I have zero hope that the next run will be any different.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ridley is proof that the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

I don't know.

Isht I would say only Storm fans benefitted from Coates because not even the MA came off logical or good either. And not even his empire came off good either, it was built on western analogues for slavery and even THEN it lost to like 15 black heroes and a few Wakandan quinjets lol. No one has looked good in the last 8 years except Storm in Coates era and now Namor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Ridley is proof that the grass isnt always greener on the other side.
    Ridleys just more proof for why you don't hire self hating black folks like him and Coates to write about a confident, unapologetically Black super genius and leader of a sovereign unconquered technologically advanced nation.

F***. Both. Of. These. Self. Hating. Clowns.

Ridleys just more proof for why you don't hire self hating black folks like him and Coates to write about a confident, unapologetically Black super genius and leader of a sovereign unconquered technologically advanced nation.

F***. Both. Of. These. Self. Hating. Clowns.
    Coates is gone like you wanted Ezyo. Now Canon.

I really hope that check was worth it to Ridley. Seriously **** that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think the book is for people that have been constantly shitting on T’Challa. All those gators that complain about him “not having earned” his place.
    But people don't hate buy comic books.

Business wise it makes no sense.

Freaking idiots lapping up Coates regressive, t'challa hating garbage made Marvel think "lets try it again but worse" and expected the same Coates fans to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I really hope that check was worth it to Ridley. Seriously **** that dude.
    Half expected T'challa to apologize

"I'm sorry Masta"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

is there an issue in this run T'Challa doesn't get beat?

Apologies from Atlantis T'Challa fans but form this point onwards, it gets worse..especially the last 2 pages

spoilers:
    even in better days, there is 0, i repeat 0 reason Namor would not pick Cap over TChalla
    end of spoilers
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Half expected T'challa to apologize

"I'm sorry Masta"
    Yeah T'Challa should know better than to get blood on Captains gloves.

Coates is gone like you wanted Ezyo. Now Canon.
    That almost looks like something Johns would write, except T'challa would be missing a hand or an eye.