Page 102 of 345 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Dr. Sheena Howard
    @DrSheenaHoward
    ·
    6m
    #Wakanda Forever #1 comes out on Feb. 15th. I am excited about my debut with #Marvel.
    Here's my affiliate link to order it: https://********/3IcFDfe

Thanks for the support!

Here's some #artwork by Marcus Williams from my story.

#comics #anansi
    Only good thing is Marcus Williams art.

Dr. Sheena Howard
    @DrSheenaHoward
    ·
    6m
    #Wakanda Forever #1 comes out on Feb. 15th. I am excited about my debut with #Marvel.

Thanks for the support!

#comics #anansi
    Lol looks like the permanent exile didn't last long

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Dr. Sheena Howard
    @DrSheenaHoward
    ·
    6m

Thanks for the support!

#comics #anansi
    I find it amusing how there are 2 Dora dressed in orange, meaning from that page alone you can't tell who Okoye is.

Like I know Okoye is fighting the chick in white cause I read the solicit for this, but if you're looking at this blind you're prolly gonna be wondering who is the one fighting and who is the one talking to T.

Dr. Sheena Howard
    @DrSheenaHoward
    ·
    6m

Thanks for the support!

#comics #anansi
    Nice artwork for sure but personally I couldn't care less about a story that focuses on a new Dora.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Nice artwork for sure but personally I couldn't care less about a story that focuses on a new Dora.
    So this doesn't make sense then..

MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 will feature five all-new stories spotlighting the iconic heroes of Wakanda as they are brought to life by an incredible lineup of Black creators, including fresh talent making their exciting Marvel Comics debuts! Today, fans can get a sneak peek at the stories that await and check out all four MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 variant covers.
    Once you get past T'Challa-the guy who sold books beyond issue 6 or 12, had a billion dollar movie and won 3 Oscars-who are the other icons?

Can't be a new Dora or the Ridley trash.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So this doesn't make sense then..

Once you get past T'Challa-the guy who sold books beyond issue 6 or 12, had a billion dollar movie and won 3 Oscars-who are the other icons?

Can't be a new Dora or the Ridley trash.
    Out of the 5 stories one focuses on T'Challa, one on the new Dora, one on Shuri, one on Azzuri and the last one is set in the future and debuts "The Last Black Panther." So yeah I have no idea where the whole iconic hero thing comes from.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Lol looks like the permanent exile didn't last long
    Parliamentary elections are a fickle mistress

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I find it amusing how there are 2 Dora dressed in orange, meaning from that page alone you can't tell who Okoye is.

Like I know Okoye is fighting the chick in white cause I read the solicit for this, but if you're looking at this blind you're prolly gonna be wondering who is the one fighting and who is the one talking to T.
    It's something that I honestly feel like having all the Dora have shaved heads just does a disservice. The one in White stands out because she has a hairstyle that separates her from the others. Its also why Nakia and Okoye originally had hair in Priest run, so you could tell them apart. The bald look works in the MCU because it's different people, but in comics, where artists typically draw similar faces for their characters, having them be bald with only markings on their heads being different just causes confusion

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Out of the 5 stories one focuses on T'Challa, one on the new Dora, one on Shuri, one on Azzuri and the last one is set in the future and debuts "The Last Black Panther." So yeah I have no idea where the whole iconic hero thing comes from.
    Its basically generic marketing buzzwords, its just worse in this case since they apply the word "iconic" to literally everything about Wakanda

You ever seen that video by Jim Sterling several years ago over Ubisoft's overuse of the word iconic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN4Umsjp6Cs

Its the same thing, they are trying to force it. Like these kinds of specials focusing on various members of the supporting cast is nothing new, but its like say over on Batman saying Leslie Thompkins or Harvey Bullock are on the same level as Batman himself. Which is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's something that I honestly feel like having all the Dora have shaved heads just does a disservice. The one in White stands out because she has a hairstyle that separates her from the others. Its also why Nakia and Okoye originally had hair in Priest run, so you could tell them apart. The bald look works in the MCU because it's different people, but in comics, where artists typically draw similar faces for their characters, having them be bald with only markings on their heads being different just causes confusion
    I swear a lot of Dora are drawn like borderline clones of each other. Such as the last issue of Wakanda featuring Okoye and her niece, both characters look identical. They didn't even try to draw like age markings on Okoye to signify her being older than the other Dora. They straight up had the same face and stuff.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-10-2023 at 12:01 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Rise of the Black Panther was solid, little dense and you can tell Evan is new, but it was solid. I liked it.

Black Panther: King in Black One shot was great

Black Panther: Unconquered was solid one shot.

black panthers vs deadpool was fun mini.

I liked the moon knight arc in Avengers, for the absurdity of it and the T'challa stuff.

Outside of that, it has either been useless, bad, or bad bad.
    Rise of the black panther was super-meh for me.

Agrees with all the rest as well as BP in The Ultimates.

I've been thinking about how rough Ekie's been having it lately.

You know who would be a good replacement for Coogler my man? The Hughes Brothers. Just rewatched The Book of Eli for the first time in years and I think they'd do great with T'Challa.

See Im bringing positive energy to you and the world. Would love a Hughes Brothers Black Panther film.
    As much as i liked Book of Eli....i do NOT want them directing BP

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    yes.

and i hope it'll be more than just intriguing.
    Noted!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I can see where you’re coming from. We thought nothing could be worse than Coates and look what happened.
    Exactly!!!!

At this point i still think the BP solos and spin offs occur in a separate timeline from The Ultimates, Agents of Wakanda, Jason' Aaron's Avengers, Avengers Strike something and the Avengers Mecha something which are all in one timeline with Ta-Nehisi Croaks and Ridtrash BP books in its own individual timeline

Basically... In my head canon....the BP solos as still being viewed by Tchalla across spacetime was he holds the infinity timestoneafter Hickman's Secret Wars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its basically generic marketing buzzwords, its just worse in this case since they apply the word "iconic" to literally everything about Wakanda

You ever seen that video by Jim Sterling several years ago over Ubisoft's overuse of the word iconic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN4Umsjp6Cs

Its the same thing, they are trying to force it. Like these kinds of specials focusing on various members of the supporting cast is nothing new, but its like say over on Batman saying Leslie Thompkins or Harvey Bullock are on the same level as Batman himself. Which is just nonsense.

I swear a lot of Dora are drawn like borderline clones of each other. Such as the last issue of Wakanda featuring Okoye and her niece, both characters look identical. They didn't even try to draw like age markings on Okoye to signify her being older than the other Dora. They straight up had the same face and stuff.
    Exactly.

Marvel needs to understand that the Dora’s work so well in live-action because of the performers behind them.

On the printed page, it comes across very differently. They all appear indistinct from one another and there isn’t really so much to say or do with them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmuRAD_v...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here’s a Black Panther inspired Pokemon someone created.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That looks cool.

That's fun.