Page 139 of 345 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Shadow combat is one of many reasons why I want Ewing to start writing T’Challa again. I want to see him expand on it and he’d probably expand on shadow physics too if given the chance. From character to feats, Ewing was that guy for T’Challa.
    I like to think shadow combat would look something like this:

(As for shadow PHYSICS, it could be almost anything, given how ill-defined it always was.)

Astonishing Member

The same thing that happened to his telepathy, knockout gas, shadow physics and more. Tossed aside as soon as a new writer comes along.
    That knockout gas still makes me laugh, I can’t remember it ever showing up after his first appearance. Was always curious on how that worked.

Shadow Physics needs to be solidified as a concept. I doubt we’re getting much high-concept super science in the upcoming run but I’d love to see what Jed Mackay or Jonathan Hickman would do with it since they’re both writing T’Challa soon. It’s such an easy way to showcase elements of Wakandan mysticism and philosophy, imagine the planes T’Challa traveled and the secrets he tried to uncover creating it. Could make for a cool set of flashbacks while giving the franchise a whole new layer.

Shadow combat is one of many reasons why I want Ewing to start writing T’Challa again. I want to see him expand on it and he’d probably expand on shadow physics too if given the chance. From character to feats, Ewing was that guy for T’Challa.
    What he did in Ultimates and in immortal hulk for T'Challa had me down for him to also get a chance

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I like to think shadow combat would look something like this:

(As for shadow PHYSICS, it could be almost anything, given how ill-defined it always was.)
    TBH, I feel we have already received some form onto how I think Shadow combat and Shadow physics should look.

One of the FEW things Coates did was the soul tracking. That's how I see shadow combat, Which is very similar to what you have above.

Shadow physics to think should look similar to how Redjack portrayed Shuris power in KiB

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think she’d need to unload on the suit to knock T’Challa out, but I don’t think it’s too hard for her to knock him on his ass one time while he’s fighting Gambit so she can explain the situation. But if they don’t have powers this is probably the majority of the fight and the next panels will be them talking lol. I just hope Gambit and T’Challa don’t come out of this on bad terms because if there’s one non-Wakandan mutant I want to guest star in BP it’s him lol.
    Whoa a fellow gambit fan in the wild?

Love Gambit since 90s xmen cartoon. Love his powerset and he's cool AF.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, Rogue and Gambit had their powers stolen in the first issue, and we don't know how long it will take them to get them back. So if they are still powerless here, then this will probably not in any way be indicative of how a typical fight between these characters would go.

Yes, she has Wonder Man's powerset and not only can she control her touch now, she can also absorb from a distance. So she doesn't even need to touch someone to weaken that person from a distance with the life-force absorption aspect of her power. Honestly, on paper, almost no one should be a match for her, but of course that is rarely how these things work in comics, and the writers rarely have her use her distance absorption(which is a good thing as it makes her way too overpowered in my opinion).
    absorbing from a distance is lame AF imho

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That knockout gas still makes me laugh, I can’t remember it ever showing up after his first appearance. Was always curious on how that worked.
    3x actually!

origin, gillis, and priest!

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Whoa a fellow gambit fan in the wild?

Love Gambit since 90s xmen cartoon. Love his powerset and he's cool AF.

absorbing from a distance is lame AF imho

3x actually!

origin, gillis, and priest!

I wouldn't mind seeing the gas make a comeback and become apart of his standard gear again.

Since T'Challa's powers are provided by Bast, can Rogue even absorb them?

And Gambit is a non-factor here. His whole thing is charging things with kinetic energy while T'Challa's suit absorbs and redirects it. If anything Gambit provides the means for T'Challa to OHKO Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I'm not sure writers these days even know where his power comes from

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    TBH, I feel we have already received some form onto how I think Shadow combat and Shadow physics should look.

One of the FEW things Coates did was the soul tracking. That's how I see shadow combat, Which is very similar to what you have above.

Shadow physics to think should look similar to how Redjack portrayed Shuris power in KiB

Yeah the soul tracking is yet another power that a lot of people don’t use, or they have forgotten about. He even used it as a form of battle precog once.

Because it is ill defined. If something is ill defined, it is hard for it to stick.

Sometimes "soul stalking" was nothing more than a fancy way to say enhanced senses.

Then randomly, it looked like precog a bit.

But see... I read that "precog" as just T'challa tactical mind seeing combat 10 steps ahead of his opponents moreso than some "soul stalking" power. It is just tchalla polymath brain.

Because it is ill defined. If something is ill defined, it is hard for it to stick.

Sometimes "soul stalking" was nothing more than a fancy way to say enhanced senses.

But see... I read that "precog" as just T'challa tactical mind seeing combat 10 steps ahead of his opponents moreso than some "soul stalking" power. It is just tchalla polymath brain.

Yeah it could be. Especially since it wasn’t shown often. It comes in handy if he’s dealing with supernatural. Otherwise his regular enhanced senses are enough, soul stalking isn’t really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post

And Gambit is a non-factor here. His whole thing is charging things with kinetic energy while T'Challa's suit absorbs and redirects it. If anything Gambit provides the means for T'Challa to OHKO Rogue.
    Rogue has absorbed powers from all sorts of heroes: Gods, mutants, mutates, aliens... I think the only exception to her abilities I've seen were robots, and even then there was probably an exception at some point.

I'm not sure writers these days even know where his power comes from
    Plot Convenience™?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Yeah the soul tracking is yet another power that a lot of people don’t use, or they have forgotten about. He even used it as a form of battle precog once.

Probably because a lot of these one-off powers makes defeating The Bad Guy™ (or, nowadays, The Good Guy I Disagree With™) too easy. A lot of writers will add something to a powerset for the purpose of one story, and in turn forget what was added in the previous run because they just don't wanna deal with it. See also:

The Energy Daggers
    The Spirit Spear
    Short-Range Teleportation
    Telepathy
    King of the Dead
    Vibranium Awareness
    Kimoyo.
    Hard Light Shields.
    Thrice Blessed Armor
    Shadow Physics
    etc...

ugh.

As usual, this thread makes me want to write comics i know i'm never going to write.

it also reminds me MARVEL and DC both need character bibles and writers who pay attention.

How in the hell does Rogue have Wonder Man's "powers." He's an energy being. Does that mean she's always an ionic energy being now? Nonsense. Absorption from a distance? YUCHH. Characters need weaknesses and upper limits or they are worthless. Writers need guidelines and they need to be made to stick to them.

I think i need to stop coming to this thread. It depresses me.
    Last edited by Redjack; 03-04-2023 at 11:13 AM.

I can see that, I would hybrid it TBH to find a balance.

Couple years back there was that Spidey comic where Peter said T'Challa was able to bypass his Spidey sense, and then took down a bunch of bad guys and peter said T'Challa has "Panther sense" I would mix that with soul tracking and Shadow combat. He uses soul tracking to "lock" onto his targets, his polymath brains to predict the most likely attack's they will do (similar to RDJ Sherlock Holmes) and then utilizes shadow combat to execute this flawlessly by attacking physically and metaphysically. It's a very specific type of style that comes from his mastery of every form of combat then the unique KotD powers that he forged this new style from