Page 218 of 345 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m beating a dead horse, but I don’t like the word “street-level” being associated with TChalla.
    Bruh the article is just completely filled with stupidity... Like on a MASSIVE scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Bruh the article is just completely filled with stupidity... Like on a MASSIVE scale.

I’m going to be honest. I took a look at the title and was completely turned off. I’m going back to read the article just because you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Basically 6160 is a totally separate universe that they are designating the “new” Ultimate Universe. It’s a reboot of the Ultimate line without actually rebooting 1610 itself. 1610 is still out there it’s just not going to get focused on anymore. Instead 6160 is going to be an Earth where Hickman gets free reign to shape as he wills.

The Ultimate Universe one shot in Nov has a silhouette that is almost certainly 6160 Black Panther:

Might mean he’s getting a solo book, and I expect Hickman might write it himself.
    I figured as much

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-be...s-new-costume/

Another article about how much of an ass T'Challa was before and how much better he is now.

These are so much fun.
    lol there was nothing reluctant about his exile

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m beating a dead horse, but I don’t like the word “street-level” being associated with TChalla.
    Fair. Black Widow, Cap and others in his weight class rarely have that description applied to them, and for good reason.

So I read ultimate invasion... I am excited to see where Hickman goes and how much of a role T'Challa plays in it.

Also, an I the only one who really dug how T'Challa looked? More cat like? Lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Basically 6160 is a totally separate universe that they are designating the “new” Ultimate Universe. It’s a reboot of the Ultimate line without actually rebooting 1610 itself. 1610 is still out there it’s just not going to get focused on anymore. Instead 6160 is going to be an Earth where Hickman gets free reign to shape as he wills.

The Ultimate Universe one shot in Nov has a silhouette that is almost certainly 6160 Black Panther:

Might mean he’s getting a solo book, and I expect Hickman might write it himself.
    only Solo Book Tchalla is getting is the one with Eve Ewing..
    TCHALLA new design from his solo book will be Introduced in AVENGERS#3

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hopefully if Ewing goes this right, we might clear up which Wakandans specifically have a beef with T'Challa.

Going by N'Yobi here it could show he's still largely popular with the common man of the country while the people who dislike are akin to Folsade and Tosin, ergo rival politicians and separatists. So the people who dislike him are primarily those who wish to attain power for themselves and view him as a threat to their attempts at taking power and authority over the country.

Incredible Member

SEEN THE COVER OF ISSUE #4 FOR BP and yeah one thing about BP his covers will always be top notch

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hopefully if Ewing goes this right, we might clear up which Wakandans specifically have a beef with T'Challa.

Going by N'Yobi here it could show he's still largely popular with the common man of the country while the people who dislike are akin to Folsade and Tosin, ergo rival politicians and separatists. So the people who dislike him are primarily those who wish to attain power for themselves and view him as a threat to their attempts at taking power and authority over the country.
    That actually makes perfect sense. Hell and from what I’ve seen so far in Ewings run is that the flaws in Folosade’s leadership is starting to show.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That actually makes perfect sense. Hell and from what I’ve seen so far in Ewings run is that the flaws in Folosade’s leadership is starting to show.
    I'm also hoping that whoever the representative is Tosin's village is largely unpopular cause why wouldn't they be? They are separatists, quite literally a fringe movement, why would the rest of the normal population like those guys?

They only bothered to break their isolation once the new regime ensured the possibility of them gaining seats on the council so its pretty much a power play.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So I read ultimate invasion... I am excited to see where Hickman goes and how much of a role T'Challa plays in it.

Also, an I the only one who really dug how T'Challa looked? More cat like? Lol
    I just started reading the issue and got to page 12 when one of the mercenaries asks... Access code? And, another answer, "1-6-1-0" I nearly choked on my Vodka Latte... Okay, it's just Vodka
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-24-2023 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm also hoping that whoever the representative is Tosin's village is largely unpopular cause why wouldn't they be? They are separatists, quite literally a fringe movement, why would the rest of the normal population like those guys?

They only bothered to break their isolation once the new regime ensured the possibility of them gaining seats on the council so its pretty much a power play.
    I just want Tosin (along with the rest of John Ridley’s characters) to be killed off. But if that doesn’t happen then I’d like for him to pretty much be the Bakugou of the franchise. And by that I mean someone who’s been gassed up his whole life into thinking he’s gonna be the future only to get MASSIVELY humbled once he gets a shot at the big leagues.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Even though I think Wakanda Forever is probably the best live action comicbook movie since Endgame.

I gotta say The Flash (as messy and not great at it is) did a better job of showing reverence for Superman than Wakanda Forever did for T'Challa. I kind of argued their falling apart made sense in just how important T'Challa is to Wakanda. And I still believe that.

However, how The Flash handled Supergirl vs. Zod emphasized just how important Superman/Clark is. Where with Shuri, as impressive of a lead character arc in the MCU, still didnt earn that moment vs the Namor. Primarily because the 1st film never showed her being anywhere close to other Wakandan's in terms of combat.

Supergirl was great in The Flash, but also showed how much Superman was missed.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    [IMG]
    BLACK PANTHER #4

EVE L. EWING (W) • CHRIS ALLEN (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE

VARIANT COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR

STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY LUCAS WERNECK

• Two of Birnin T’Chaka’s most powerful crime families are about to become one in a wedding that is the talk of Wakanda!

• Neither Black Panther nor the mysterious Beisa are on the guest list, but that won’t stop them from making an appearance at this who’s who of Wakanda’s rich, powerful and dangerous…

• …especially with the assassin Deathlok as one of the wedding crashers!
    how did "crime families" manage to flourish in Wakanda despite the social safety nets and security measures via Wakanda's historical monarchs? What sort of "rackets" are these people known for?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-25-2023 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how did "crime families" manage to flourish in Wakanda despite the social safety nets and security measures via Wakanda's historical monarchs? What sort of "rackets" are these people known for?
    T'Challa was SUCH a bad king, his incompetence retroactively changed Wakanda into Chicago.