Page 334 of 345 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And when the kid ends up even less comic accurate than Boseman’s T’Challa you already know what the defense is gonna be lmao.

As long as they keep the kid out of comics I’m good, just keep that nonsense in the movies.
    Black Panther protects Goth... I mean Haiti

ft his new sidekick Beisa

Comign to a screen near you 2027!!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    All of this. But what’s done is done. What’s important to me now is T’Challa having a presence in other mediums. Bryan Hill’s Ultimate Black Panther is looking to be a step in the right direction since he truly understands the character. The ball is in EA’s court to keep the momentum going.

If he can blow up in the EA game than I will say F the MCU entirely. Start pushing for more games and animated movie like Miles spider verse and let him thrive elsewhere. The MCU is on a downward spiral anyways so go big elsewhere
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-21-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther protects Goth... I mean Haiti

ft his new sidekick Beisa

Comign to a screen near you 2027!!
    Don’t forget Tosin now, everyone’s waiting to see Tosin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If he can blow up in the EA game than I will say F the MCU entirely. Start pushing for more games and animated movie like Miles spider verse and let him thrive elsewhere. The MCU is on a downward spiral anyways so go big elsewhere
    The MCU is gonna be in a downward spiral till they reboot, and that’s when I’m gonna start paying attention again. In the meantime, T’Challa’s future is in games and comics. An animated movie seems unlikely but what would y’all want it to be about? I’m thinking something from the McGregor era tbh, but obviously modernized like in recent retellings.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ah yes the "bUt ChAd NeVeR sPeCiFiEd WhAt hE wOuLd'vE wAnTeD fOR tHe cHaRaCteR" He didn't have to state "I want T'Challa to live on incase I die" Richard Harris didn't state that and they recast Dumbledore and kept it pushing because the character was important. T'Challa matters. Chad knew this and he showed it by what he had to say about the importance of T'Challa and what the character meant to young black children.

Look at how hard he pushed for things to be more authentic, and how hard he wanted to get the character right, or turned down endorsements that could cast a negative light on young black kids. There's also the whole thing about how he said the character was bigger than him, is Chad didn't own T'Challa, no actor owns a character so for them to think no one else but them can play a character would be extremely ignorant and i know Chad wasnt like that based on his words and actions

People want to use that excuse as if that has ever meant anything. Chads brother said it wouldn't want him T'Challa to die with Chad. Chad didn't put all that effort into T'Challa just to have him die with him. I'm so over people using this flawed logic of "We don't know what Chad wanted because he didn't SAY anything explicit while ignoring the old saying "Actions speak louder than words" and his actions pointed that T'Challa should've lived. It's also doubly disgusting how they used chads RL sickness and death to sell tickets under the guise of honoring him.

Bro you're still spinning wheels with this. He was good with Shuri being the smartest character in the MCU. The film yall now with revision like to dump on (outside of Ekie, who is stuck on just Priest) made him so proud of how it was honored. Despite him not being *shown* as a scientific genius.

We dont know ultimately what he would have been good with or not. He told no one. His brother thinks it, but we dont know him either. That could be mostly him thinking that.

All in all its just a waste of time to keep focusing on what Chadwick would have wanted. Just say you want T'Challa recast cause you love the character and leave it that. Cause thats the real and honest statement. Cause if Chadwick said otherwise you wouldnt care anyway.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-21-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

And when the kid ends up even less comic accurate than Boseman’s T’Challa you already know what the defense is gonna be lmao.

As long as they keep the kid out of comics I’m good, just keep that nonsense in the movies.
    What is the defense your thinking of exactly?

Really I wouldn't worry about the MCU doing any more BP stuff, because other than the apparent cartoon spin-off (which has probably been in development for way too long to cancel) there doesn't seem to be anything else in the works.

I take that as acknowledgement that Marvel is aware there's really no point to continuing the franchise without its main character so they are just letting it end for the most part after Wakanda Forever.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 12-21-2023 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Really I wouldn't worry about the MCU doing any more BP stuff, because other than the apparent cartoon spin-off (which has probably been in development for way too long to cancel) there doesn't seem to be anything else in the works.

I take that as acknowledgement that Marvel is aware there's really no point to continuing the franchise without its main character so they are just letting it end for the most part after Wakanda Forever.
    There have been rumors of a soft reboot post secret wars that’ll bring back dead or missing characters, including T’Challa. Until that happens I don’t care about what the MCU does. And besides it’s not a matter of if the X-Men come to the MCU but when. So are people really gonna care about T’Junior when the mutants will be running the streets by then? Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Bro you're still spinning wheels with this. He was good with Shuri being the smartest character in the MCU. The film yall now with revision like to dump on (outside of Ekie, who is stuck on just Priest) made him so proud of how it was honored. Despite him not being *shown* as a scientific genius.

We dont know ultimately what he would have been good with or not. He told no one. His brother thinks it, but we dont know him either. That could be mostly him thinking that.

All in all its just a waste of time to keep focusing on what Chadwick would have wanted. Just say you want T'Challa recast cause you love the character and leave it that. Cause thats the real and honest statement. Cause if Chadwick said otherwise you wouldnt care anyway.
    Im just being consistent, and have been since the jump. Chad never said anything bad about his cast mates and notice how I didn't say anything about Chad having an issue with how T'Challa was downgraded or lost character traits i said HE kept talking about the importance of T'Challa and wanting to get it right, abs how T'Challa was bigger than him.

From the get go, I have always been consistent with my critique of the first BP film so you can miss with with the "revisionist dump on". I have always said the movie was good, the best imo MCU movie. HOWEVER, I always also called out the flaws, mainly T'Challa losing his agency and having his super genius downplayed in favor of Shuri.

I also said I can look past that because we still (before he passed) had the 2nd and 3rd movie in which they could establish his super genius and even some easy ways to do so that kept to the sibling playfulness of the first. However when Chad passed and they said not recast, that DID change things and does sour the movie to some extent because now chads T'Challa has an incomplete story and his legacy is really bad now. Which still doesn't Make BP 1 a bad movie but it hurts T'Challas legacy because of what they did for WF.

Again your stuck on that nonsense of "We don't know his exact word for word thoughts because he didn't explicitly say it" while ignoring what he DID say, and what he DID do and his actions speak loud and clear. The no one knows what he would want is just a BS excuse. Keep saying if it makes you feel good, doesn't change it's a weak excuse.

And finally my statements are honest all the way through. I'm not changing what I say because I can see what Chad did say and do and it's easy to see what he was trying to do for the character and representation. And IF, he did say otherwise I would simply say disagree with that statement, but I wouldn't act like these fake fans out here claiming that killing T'Challa is honoring Chad and all the excuses they used to attack fans that changed every week when their argument was debunked. So again, miss me with the nonsense

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I don’t see how people could look at the liberties taken with Boseman’s T’Challa and think the kid introduced at the end of WF is gonna end up somehow end up more like the comic version. Especially when T’Challa was always supposed to have a kid in the sequel (which sounds like a terrible idea in the first place mind you).

To me it seems the kid is meant to be a nod to Boseman’s memory that will likely function as Disney’s OC for future BP content once they move on from Shuri. And beyond rumors I have no reason to believe that if there is a reboot T’Challa is one of characters that returns. I see a potential future where T’Challa Jr. is meant to be the recast and that there won’t be a T’Challa, son of T’Chaka, in live action for well over a decade.

Disney itself may not see the kid as an OC, but that’ll certainly be the talking point whenever fans/creators justify any differences from the source material. I can already see people saying “It doesn’t matter T’Challa Jr. is this way or does that thing, he’s not actually T’Challa and was raised outside Wakanda.” It’s a cushion that justifies not actually doing the character justice and not being beholden to expectations. It’s an acknowledgment of the issues people have with the actual T’Challa being killed off but not a recast, regardless of whether BP is still going to be a big player in future movies or not.

Like I’ve been saying, the only way to make this a clean break and get everyone on the same page is to finish out Coogler’s story in BP3, stupid ass decisions and all, then reboot everything with a new T’Challa (son of T’Chaka) and creative team. But BP3 isn’t coming out until after Secret Wars so I don’t see that being likely, hence my generally low expectations moving forward. The only silver lining is that there is a T’Challa in live action, which means the character gets insulation in more important mediums like gaming.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-21-2023 at 04:19 PM.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a BP3 given how Marvel has been spiralling, how poorly Wakanda had been portrayed, the clear fall in importance of Wakanda, and how they don't seem to eager to confirm BP3

Also notice how there is no more push for Shuri or the Dora showing up or having anything relevant happening anymore? If the game takes off for T'Challa then that will be GGs

The MCU is gonna be in a downward spiral till they reboot, and that’s when I’m gonna start paying attention again. In the meantime, T’Challa’s future is in games and comics. An animated movie seems unlikely but what would y’all want it to be about? I’m thinking something from the McGregor era tbh, but obviously modernized like in recent retellings.
    Orgin Orgin Orgin.
    T'Challa's orgin story as THEE BlackPanther needs to be told in a very personal way visually though animation, games, or movies.
    The mass audiance needs to see it becaude thats what he didnt get in the MCU and why casuals dont care or umderstand the franchise character.

And good luck on that pitch RedJack

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I can tell you right now having suffered through maybe a thousand internet discussions with ppl that loudly proclaim the character must be killed to honor Chadwick that they absolutly do not care what he would have wanted. I have tweets from some saying it doesnt matter what he or his family wanted. And in trying to be informed about the topic I was going to engage in I listened to interviews of Chadwicks.. He wanted a more priest-like T'Challa. But because he is Chadwick Boseman he wasnt ever goi g to throw his weight around and demand they not diminish hos chatacter to uplift a co-worker (he seemed to be generous to alot of them on other movies as well).

So becaude he is Chadwick Boseman and we can all safely assume he wasnt a selfish individual who'd even have the mentality of wanting this type of sacfrife at the expense of the fans and the character, I dont see why we are playong both sides of the fence on that. I care about what he wanted because I apprecite how hard he worked for it and that he actually understood what it represents. No other reasons outside of my personally wanting to see my favorite fictional hero prosper and inspire young ppl as superheros are supposed to do. It can be both things

Panther writers Im stuck on include:
    Priest (like Chadwick)
    Hickman
    Redjack
    Liss
    And Yost
    Last edited by Ekie; 12-21-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Orgin Orgin Orgin.
    T'Challa's orgin story as THEE BlackPanther needs to be told in a very personal way visually though animation, games, or movies.
    The mass audiance needs to see it becaude thats what he didnt get in the MCU and why casuals dont care or umderstand the franchise character.

And good luck on that pitch RedJack
    Yeah I would like a retelling of his origin. Kinda like what rise was supposed to be, but I would personally like to include the FF in some way

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a BP3 given how Marvel has been spiralling, how poorly Wakanda had been portrayed, the clear fall in importance of Wakanda, and how they don't seem to eager to confirm BP3

Also notice how there is no more push for Shuri or the Dora showing up or having anything relevant happening anymore? If the game takes off for T'Challa then that will be GGs
    Yeah. Guess Shuri as BP didn’t take off the way they wanted it to.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah. Guess Shuri as BP didn’t take off the way they wanted it to.
    And the thing is... Shuri CAN and SHOULD take off... But in her own lane, honestly? The MCU didn't necessarily do anything wrong by de aging Shuri as that could allow her to hang with heroes like Miles and Kamala (whom I think she would resonate more with anyways) and she can even be a super genius though I think the griot, spiritual and mystic would be better... But as long as she isn't stepping in T'Challas lane. Hell I would be cool with how RJ portrayed T'Challa and Shuris genius in KiB and Panthers quest... But she needs to be separated from T'Challa. They can't
    Be together because these writers of late will sacrifice T'Challa to build up Shuri. That ain't it so make them operate on two different areas and call it good