Page 312 of 345 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5166
    Astonishing Member

So I was Yesterday days old when I found out that Hickman apparently intended to make a 616 version of Azari and have him become heir of both Wakanda and Arakko, but it was abandoned between Ridley’s plans for the book (read: bashfic) and the whole ‘being shoved out by the editors and other writers’ thing

Missed opportunity or dodged bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So I was Yesterday days old when I found out that Hickman apparently intended to make a 616 version of Azari and have him become heir of both Wakanda and Arakko, but it was abandoned between Ridley’s plans for the book (read: bashfic) and the whole ‘being shoved out by the editors and other writers’ thing

Dodged bullet no doubt. Then we’d never escape from the x-offices tantrums about the BP/Storm relationship and they probably would’ve used the kid as a weapon against T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Dodged bullet no doubt. Then we’d never escape from the x-offices tantrums about the BP/Storm relationship and they probably would’ve used the kid as a weapon against T’Challa.
    To be fair, I’m still suprised they didn’t have Beast dig out Cerebro’s copy of Kymera to try use as a puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Super hero fatigue isn't a thing when it's done right
    Gee... I wonder why I'm so bored with superheroes, then...

I know some of my sisters and brothers are burned by the whole relationship thing, but I would have loved to see that done. The concession comes only cause I do like a lot of Hickman's ideas. Yes the issue would be, the moment Hickman hints at leaving the Neanderthal race troll writers would be chopping at the bit to tear it up and down.

P.S. the amount of blackness that would have been tied to X-Men alone is why this would be a trolling fever dream for me to see. X-Men writers would have mass suicide pacts over this level of black male presence. I still believe this to be one of the reasons they him up out the paint.
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-24-2023 at 05:38 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because of Flash, Blue Beetle, etc

T’Challa would’ve been the stereotypical absentee dad more focused on Wakanda and Azari would’ve saw Logan or someone else as his real dad

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because of Flash, Blue Beetle, etc
    But also a lot of the shows people say are "done right", like The Boys & Invincible.

Hell, it feels like half of the new sci-fi books out these days are superhero pastiches, and I don't want to read any of them.

Mediocre to average oversaturated content is the problem. Doesn't matter the genre. Star wars is the same way. Too much content trying to connect that limits creativity.

Like, Im not bored with superheros at all, I just don't care what marvel has been putting out, or DC for that matter. Spider verse and invincible are the only American superheros they interest me at the moment (and BP but this has been a drought for a while save whatever goodness we get out of Avengers)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I know some of my sisters and brothers are burned by the whole relationship thing, but I would have loved to see that done. The concession comes only cause I do like a lot of Hickman's ideas. Yes the issue would be, the moment Hickman hints at leaving the Neanderthal race troll writers would be chopping at the bit to tear it up and down.

P.S. the amount of blackness that would have been tied to X-Men alone is why this would be a trolling fever dream for me to see. X-Men writers would have mass suicide pacts over this level of black male presence. I still believe this to be one of the reasons they him up out the paint.
    The X-franchise has an aversion to black men.

In the year of our lord 2023, I'm still trying to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Mediocre to average oversaturated content is the problem. Doesn't matter the genre. Star wars is the same way. Too much content trying to connect that limits creativity.

Like, Im not bored with superheros at all, I just don't care what marvel has been putting out, or DC for that matter. Spider verse and invincible are the only American superheros they interest me at the moment (and BP but this has been a drought for a while save whatever goodness we get out of Avengers)
    Speaking only for myself, I think there's something more going on. A friend of mine turned me onto something called The Eight Deadly Words:

"I don't care what happens to these people."

I mean, I look at the premise of these projects coming out, and they all feel repetitive: People in costumes having big battles with overblown threats.

More often than not, I lose interest after the first trailer, because after all this time, I just don't care. I mean, look at the premises of the two projects that have been mentioned most often as "good superhero fiction":

Invincible (from the Amazon Prime homepage):

INVINCIBLE is an adult animated superhero series that revolves around 17-year-old Mark Grayson, who’s just like every other guy his age — except his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man. But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers his father’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems.

Superhero deconstruction & daddy issues. Been there.

The Boys (and Gen V)

THE BOYS is an irreverent take on what happens when superheroes, who are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians and as revered as Gods, abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good

From the world of The Boys comes Gen V, a thrilling new series set at America’s only college for superheroes. These gifted students put their moral boundaries to the test, competing for the university’s top ranking, and a chance to join The Seven, Vought International’s elite superhero team. When the school’s dark secrets come to light, they must decide what kind of heroes they want to become.

More deconstruction, and heroes who aren't heroic.

Now, I'm not saying these aren't well done, nor that others are wrong for enjoying it.

All I'm saying is… well…

I don't care what happens to these people.

I mean, let's step back and look at the comics. Right now, I follow only two Marvel Comics, both written by the same author: Moon Knight & Doctor Strange. And I'm really enjoying them.

But I look at his Avengers, and…. I don't care what happens to these people. Like, at all.

As far as I'm concerned, "superhero fatigue" is as good a word for it as any.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The X-franchise has an aversion to black men.

In the year of our lord 2023, I'm still trying to figure out why.
    My answer on the why is because the X-franchise is a reflection of the larger society, ironically, perhaps as Lee and Kirby originally intended, except in the opposite direction of Lee's inspiration for the X-Men in the first place. Further, there's an aversion to Black men throughout comics, even in the Black Panther franchise.

Mighty Member

Massively missed opportunity!!!

On the condition that Tchalla is heavily involved.

Mighty Member

But also a lot of the shows people say are "done right", like The Boys & Invincible.

Hell, it feels like half of the new sci-fi books out these days are superhero pastiches, and I don't want to read any of them.
    Examples of these superhero pastiches please.

Mighty Member

Yeah, well good point but Jonathan Hickman having written probably then best runs/ events in most Avengers and Xmen in the last 10years.... He is DEFINITIVELY PERFECT to write a BP/ Xmen story without chomping out or bashing Tchalla and Hickman choosing Azari is the perfect mid-way to make it work.