Page 107 of 345 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 5166
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Apparently, quoting the review here, he's "presented as a young upstart unhappy with the direction of T’Challa’s rule"

Also the new Dora is named Chante so she may or may not be a retooled Queen Divine Justice
    Guess they never read Fantastic Force-he did not go off on T'Challa-he went off on the council and renounced being Wakandan.

Just as a data point:

spoilers:
    According to the story, T'Challa's King of the Dead powers are no longer "effective", so he has to get help so that his ancestors can complain about him...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Just as a data point:

spoilers:
    According to the story, T'Challa's King of the Dead powers are no longer "effective", so he has to get help so that his ancestors can complain about him...
    end of spoilers
    Good lord they won't rest until T'Challa is reduced to an afterthought in his own damn franchise.

Just as a data point:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Just winning us over, huh ?

Incredible Member

I believe T’Challa days of him being the main character is over. It’s only going to be about Wakanda and not him.

Apparently, quoting the review here, he's "presented as a young upstart unhappy with the direction of T’Challa’s rule"

Also the new Dora is named Chante so she may or may not be a retooled Queen Divine Justice
    To clarify: Vibraxas isn't in the book, I was just presenting him as another character that had been used that way in Priest's rule. Like, Tosin doesn't add anything that Vibraxas couldn't have.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The problem isn't that some have written that T'Challa enjoys playing hero.

It's that too many of late have written that he DOESN'T want to be king.

The way I see it, peak T'Challa is King > Hero > Science Guy.

For the record, the first solo BP I ever read was issue #1 of Priest's run. And THIS panel sold me on the character:

Ah back in the days where character's appearances could vary

I remember one time someone posted a panel from this run, and someone complained about how unrecognizable BP is, saying he looks like Luke Cage because the whole bald black man look is so famously associated with him

The irony being the bald look is a somewhat recent appearance for Luke too

I remember one time someone posted a panel from this run, and someone complained about how unrecognizable BP is, saying he looks like Luke Cage because the whole bald black man look is so famously associated with him

It’s a cool look. Especially the way Priest executes it. But I kind of like how more recently they’ve de-aged him and made him look younger and gave him hair.

Priest actually had a fondness for that look (which I always associated with Avery Brooks, myself). There's a fun panel in his Deadpool run where Wade is sent to character limbo, and meets all the characters struck by the "Priest curse". 3 of them look like that.

Going by the T’Challa story in WF I’m guessing Ridley undoes the nonsense from #14 in his final issue or the writer simply ignored Ridley stuff despite mentioning the Jhai.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's amazing how the quoted section of the review echoes a lot of what has been said in this forum.
    What? So when you disrespect the franchise holder and keep introducing random ass OCs without establishing the ones who already exists, and making the setting the focus over the title character and then removing said character makes any subsequent stories hollow and pointless?? Shocker

Just as a data point:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I mean, is this new information? We pretty much knew this already since Coates when he brought Eden in... Because

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What? So when you disrespect the franchise holder and keep introducing random ass OCs without establishing the ones who already exists, and making the setting the focus over the title character and then removing said character makes any subsequent stories hollow and pointless?? Shocker
    Its funny cause we have actual reviewers pointing this out instead of shilling whatever they put out.

The fact AITP is saying this is pretty telling since they are generally pretty positive with these stories. Which actually I just checked and they haven't actually reviewed the last several issues of the BP ongoing, indicating they may have dropped the book.

Its pretty hilarious all things considered.

Its funny cause we have actual reviewers pointing this out instead of shilling whatever they put out.

The fact AITP is saying this is pretty telling since they are generally pretty positive with these stories. Which actually I just checked and they haven't actually reviewed the last several issues of the BP ongoing, indicating they may have dropped the book.

Its pretty hilarious all things considered.
    I mean I can't really blame them or any reviewer for choosing to drop Ridley's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I mean I can't really blame them or any reviewer for choosing to drop Ridley's BS.
    Its pretty interesting if you go to the comicbookroundup site and check what the average review this book gets

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...panther-(2021)

Sadly the critical score is fairly positive

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b...ther-(2021)/14

Issue 14 has a score of 8.0 with sites it scores like a 9 and several 8s. But the user rating is a total blank meaning its been out for several weeks and no one has bothered to score it.

Issue 13 at least has a user score of 5.3 though there's a bizarre case of someone actually giving it a 10 for some reason.