Page 291 of 345 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blac...r-segregation/

A Black Panther graphic novel has been added to the list of books that have been added to the Scholastic "book fair segregation".

These are some of the problems that minority creators face today. If a company as big as scholastic can't stand up for creators, then this is a very, very big problem.

It's like we are being railroaded back into the 1960s.
    That is disgusting... And so hypocritical "anti biblical ideas" uhh these conservatives know that during the biblical times these people weren't white right? These places aren't in Western civilizations. Egypt, Jerusalem, etc. These are in the middle East/ African locations... Like. Cordam that is insane

F9ImwNwWEAAv4FF.jpg

More panthers please.
    Still think T'Challa needs a mech panther as a pet sidekick that carries crazy tech for him to use

A Black Panther graphic novel has been added to the list of books that have been added to the Scholastic "book fair segregation".

These are some of the problems that minority creators face today. If a company as big as scholastic can't stand up for creators, then this is a very, very big problem.

Wow, that's awful .

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    F9ImwNwWEAAv4FF.jpg

More panthers please.
    Still think T'Challa needs a mech panther as a pet sidekick that carries crazy tech for him to use
    A Panther mech that he created that holds his out there, tertiary gear would be pretty cool. Glad we can also clearly see it's T'Challa

James C. Mathis III is reprising T'Challa in a new Lego Marvel special streaming this Friday:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That is disgusting... And so hypocritical "anti biblical ideas" uhh these conservatives know that during the biblical times these people weren't white right? These places aren't in Western civilizations. Egypt, Jerusalem, etc. These are in the middle East/ African locations... Like. Cordam that is insane
    Really nasty stuff, I guarantee the kids do not care nearly as much as the parents do. This crap is big in FL and part of the reason we’re getting ready to move lmao. And this definitely is not good for diverse creators or even non diverse creators that want to include diversity in their stories. It’s an attack meant to silence and marginalize. Strongly recommend supporting your favorite authors and writers in general, the way these “family-oriented” groups go after them is gross. Great work is being done in so many genres that could get stifled by these new rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    F9ImwNwWEAAv4FF.jpg

More panthers please.
    I wonder why T’Challa hasn’t been shown with a pet panther before lol. Like we don’t need a big story about them or anything but I don’t think anyone’s named any of them or shown him to have any favorites. Killmonger has Preyy but it’s been years and he’s dead. I guess it would be cliche but this is comics, of course the king of a country obsessed with panthers would have one as a pet lmao.

A mech sounds like fun depending on the tech it’s carrying, could see him doing a lotta damage with that. I think someone recommended T’Challa have a panther connected to the techno-organic jungle or something and I thought that was a cool idea too. Like an AI representing the forest.

Mighty Member

That would be me. Like Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, but only a periphery mech, not a constant companion. And not comedic. More of a primitive AI techo jungle druid type dropping simple wisdom once in a while. Been in my head canon for a long time.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

I saw that list of books.

And there is a ton of double standards on that list. Including some books that you have to ask HOW did they get on that list.

Justice Ketanji by Denise Lewis Patrick
    Pets Rule: The Rise of the Goldfish by Susan Tan
    That Girl Lay Lay: It’s Time to #Slay by That Girl Lay Lay with Kwyn Bader
    That Girl Lay Lay: Positive Vibes Only by Andrea Loney
    Karma's World is on that list. Including one where it's her thinking of a rap for her Dad's birthday. So those folks got an issue with black fathers?

The Loud House is on there too but NOT for Clyde and his two Dads. One is about missing the bus and the other is Lincoln visiting The Casagrandes. And there is a Loud House book that does mention and include Clyde's DADS for elementary kids.

Strange World is not there and Ethan has at least 2 books with a scene of his hugging his boyfriend.

It's like they picked some Random books.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay as everyone has already said this is fucking bullshit and disgusting. Real terrible move to all the authors affected by this.

On the subject of a pet panther, I always like those scenes when BP is shown to have a deep connection with the animals. To the point he can casually wrestle with and hang out with a pack of them, its always fun to watch.

Plus it makes for some great visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Screw it I say bring Sabre Claw to the main continuity. Although with adding the AI ideas some of y’all had.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This is cool but why are they still trying to force Shuri as the super genius?

Minus the Shuri that ain't too bad.
    I wouldn't do the armor thing personally but it works and toy sales would justify it.
    Last edited by Ekie; 10-23-2023 at 07:35 PM.

This is why I’m hoping ultimate Shuri is griot from the start. That way she can be the magic sibling while T’Challa can be the science sibling.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That MCU synergy made it her defining. Unless there’s a movie or successful video game that portrays T’Challa as the genius, I don’t expect anything to change. And I’m not talking about a one off comment but the same effort they give Tony, Bruce, Peter, and Shuri that shows off how smart they are.