Page 256 of 345 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5166

I think people are really overthinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people are really overthinking it.
    Which is what Ewing and Marvel Editorial want. To make enough people mad so they'll keep buying the book just to crap on it. Except BP isn't Spider-Man so rage buying isn't really going to work here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a little too premature to talk about Beisa being a love interest for T'Challa in the comics and in certainly in the movies. Aneka and Ayo were in a "blink and you miss it" relationship in BP 2 and I never read anything negative or sensational about them. So...why would a Trans character suddenly be that one straw, especially if she's written and presented respectfully?

To your question...at this point, it does neither. It just is. Perhaps that will change or it won't. Or she'll end up like Taku and Venomm...relegated to Marvel Pride 2024 and subsequently forgotten.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

heh.

kids.

OG

right before he passed.

her being trans isn't an issue.

her being Catwoman...?

Also, if Bobby Drake shows up in the MCU, I promise you, he'll be gay.

If that bothers you, buckle up.
    Last edited by Redjack; 09-08-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    And once again this won’t fly mainstream. let’s be real how many parents will take their kid to see BP if Beisa was in the movies as a love interest or not even a love interest just a sidekick is it worth destroying the whole franchise for this character? Let’s keep it real. Will Disney have a beisa character around Disney lol nope.

Back to the question does it hurt or help the BP franchise.
    It doesn't matter if it helps the franchise or not - we don't own it so stop making a mountain out of a mole hill as if anyone can change anything about this franchise. Anyway they cut a lesbian kiss from WF so they can add a trans character without including romance in to the equation if they want to.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Not really seeing the issue with Beisa to be honest. Love interest or not, it’s nice to have other Wakandan adventurers who are re psychotically hostile to T’Challa.

Black Panther's new costume made it into Marvel Future Fight.

Outcast from the nation he once ruled, T'Challa is a king without a crown. He is set to return order, to Wakanda in Marvel Future Fight. #MARVELFutureFight
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1699980951139565659

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    And once again this won’t fly mainstream. let’s be real how many parents will take their kid to see BP if Beisa was in the movies as a love interest or not even a love interest just a sidekick is it worth destroying the whole franchise for this character? Let’s keep it real. Will Disney have a beisa character around Disney lol nope.

Back to the question does it hurt or help the BP franchise.
    Again, Im going to add, for the sake of this conversation, I don't have a problem with Beisa being trans, I have a problem with Beisa having a whole character arc at T'Challas expense while he sits stagnant in his own comic. I also don't think Beisa should be a LI, again not because she is trans, but because I think T'Challa needs to have a Super powered LI that can keep up and hang. The reason I liked T'Challa with Storm (before x fans and x office torched it) was because on paper between the two of them Storm seemed the obviously more powerful of the two... until you realize just how dangerous T'Challa really is despite LOOKING like just a dude in a cat suit.

T'Challas LI should be, powers wise, vastly stronger than him. He makes up for it with his tech, warrior prowess and his mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Again, Im going to add, for the sake of this conversation, I don't have a problem with Beisa being trans, I have a problem with Beisa having a whole character arc at T'Challas expense while he sits stagnant in his own comic. I also don't think Beisa should be a LI, again not because she is trans, but because I think T'Challa needs to have a Super powered LI that can keep up and hang. The reason I liked T'Challa with Storm (before x fans and x office torched it) was because on paper between the two of them Storm seemed the obviously more powerful of the two... until you realize just how dangerous T'Challa really is despite LOOKING like just a dude in a cat suit.

T'Challas LI should be, powers wise, vastly stronger than him. He makes up for it with his tech, warrior prowess and his mind.
    An, "LI"? What's an LI?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Frankly, the most offensive part of that page isn't Beisa revealing her nature, but the minor shade cast on T'Challa for not somehow knowing it.

(Which is weird to me. I know quite a few transgender people and nearly all of them would be quite pleased if someone assumed that they were born the gender that they present. )
    In fairness I would attribute that more to them having a back and forth where they light-heartedly poke fun at the other.

Like a page before they were roof-hopping and Beisa complained about easy T does it while he responds with a smug "Like I said I'm talented". So you can't say T'Challa doesn't get good digs in same as she can.

So its more playful ribbing which is an improvement all things considered cause T'Challa is allowed bust the other parties balls compared to say Omola where it was just constantly nasty from start to finish.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    An, "LI"? What's an LI?
    LI- Love interest.

(I think).

Incredible Member

inside info she isnt a love interest more like a mentor type thing..
    the issue will be queerbaiting for reactions

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    inside info she isnt a love interest more like a mentor type thing..
    the issue will be queerbaiting for reactions
    Mentor makes even less sense. There's not much tchalla needs mentoring for. She's more of a exposition dump than anything

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The more accurate term is partner.

She's the native in the new environment the protagonist is working with and she helps provide the lay of the land he's unfamiliar with.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Mentor makes even less sense. There's not much tchalla needs mentoring for. She's more of a exposition dump than anything
    i do think she will be another i lol i forget his that character ridley introduced