Page 337 of 345 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, what?

Hudlin, who created Shuri, never indicated that she was anything other than T'Challa's sister. At the very least, she would be his biological half sister, given that we know their father has been married twice.

Or did Secret War change that?
    They are half siblings. Same dad. Ditto for Jakarrra.

He is write that Ramonda is a outsider, thus making Shuri only half wakandan technically.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They are half siblings. Same dad. Ditto for Jakarrra.

He is write that Ramonda is a outsider, thus making Shuri only half wakandan technically.
    Has there ever been a story confirming that?

Just wondering, the canon around Ramonda is kinda weird by itself, to say nothing of retcons, secret wars and synergy

Just wondering, the canon around Ramonda is kinda weird by itself, to say nothing of retcons, secret wars and synergy
    Wasn't that re-established in Rise of the Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless there's something by McGregor I'm forgetting, Priest establishes N'Yami and that she dies in childbirth, making Ramonda, T'Challa's stepmother, though he calls her mother. Hudlin never explicitly contradicts this in introducing Shuri, making them half-siblings. That for sure was re-confirmed in Rise, but IIRC Coates also reconfirms the relationship. The only time it's been different to my knowledge is the films (and even that might not be different, though I can't remember enough of WF to know if they explicitly state that Ramonda is T'Challa's birthmother).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Unless there's something by McGregor I'm forgetting, Priest establishes N'Yami and that she dies in childbirth, making Ramonda, T'Challa's stepmother, though he calls her mother. Hudlin never explicitly contradicts this in introducing Shuri, making them half-siblings. That for sure was re-confirmed in Rise, but IIRC Coates also reconfirms the relationship. The only time it's been different to my knowledge is the films (and even that might not be different, though I can't remember enough of WF to know if they explicitly state that Ramonda is T'Challa's birthmother).
    I think the movies simplified this by having Ramonda be both T'Challa and Shuri's mother. Plus Ramonda is Wakandan there so she doesn't suffer discrimination for being an outsider.

Ultimate Member

The films went with biological siblings and the outside media followed.

Ramonda was not originally T'Challa's mother.

She was an outsider before it was mentioned in Rise of Panther. I am not sure what earlier comic implied that.

Now while the T'Challa haters club was too busy trashing him for agendas-they should have been making his family linage clearer.

Where is Jakarra and the mystery sibling of T'Challa who is the parents of Kwezi Dzana-who is his nephew and A'di his niece.

Or Billy Wheeler-whose father was NOT Wakandan but he is the cousin to T'Challa.

That is 3 folks linked to the King that are outsiders. The X-office needs to learn what research is.

Originally I believe N’Yami was only mentioned in a Marvel handbook as T’Challa’s mother before McGregor came up with Panther’s Quest and created Ramonda then Priest established Ramonda as his stepmother. The movies simplified the issue by making Ramonda his bio mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, rise made it very clear

T'challa bio mom is Nyami

Jakarra bio mom is some random chick tchaka boned in grief

Shuri bio mom is Ramonda

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Yes, rise made it very clear

T'challa bio mom is Nyami

Jakarra bio mom is some random chick tchaka boned in grief

Shuri bio mom is Ramonda
    I think that's kinda cool. As close as we might get to how actual families are, these days.

Was Ramonda still held captive in South Africa for years? Wouldn't mind that getting tossed, honestly.

As of right now, no. I don’t remember it ever coming up in Hudlin’s run and it wasn’t in rise. It is mentioned in the Panther’s Prey novel(which i still need to finish) with Ramonda mentioned as missing by Shuri.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If only Coogler went with Queen Divine Justice and we'd seen MoS intense reaction in real time, lol.

I think that's kinda cool. As close as we might get to how actual families are, these days.

Was Ramonda still held captive in South Africa for years? Wouldn't mind that getting tossed, honestly.
    Its never been outright taken out so I still consider it part of the canon, even if it sucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    If only Coogler went with Queen Divine Justice and we'd seen MoS intense reaction in real time, lol.
    never saw WF so it wouldn't affect me at all

he'd probably do it with all the subtletly they smashed riri into the stupid movie

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

never saw WF so it wouldn't affect me at all

he'd probably do it with all the subtletly they smashed riri into the great movie
    FIFY since see you didnt see it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Yeah, it's just like how Thor calls Freja mother even though she's his step-mom.

Nyami is T'Challa's biological mom. I don't think the movies confirmed either way if Ramonda was T'Challa's bio mom.

Again, just like the Thor films, it seems they simply went the simpler route and said Ramonda was T'Challa's mom.