Page 253 of 345 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Anyway, it seems the Avengers book is hinting the team will take up residence in the Impossible City after the current arc. I don’t think T’Challa will try to kill it next issue but if he does that’ll be hella awkward lol. And I wonder how T’Challa’s managing exile and still being on the team, just as a practical question. He’s slipping across the border every time and using a plane to meet up? Or is he getting teleported out by Scarlet Witch/Thor? Probably the former, but some explanation would be nice.
    He's using the Editorial Express. That's how Logan used to be able to be on 7 teams at once.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    He's using the Editorial Express. That's how Logan used to be able to be on 7 teams at once.
    Yupp. Same can be said of Thor, Ironman, SW, who all have their own solo books. If the stories were more connected I could see the writer's adding a footnote caption as they did way back when but now...enh!

Head-canonically, I view their solo adventures as occurring in between the arcs of the Avengers and vice versa.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-07-2023 at 08:04 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Has there been any other noticeable Queer character(s) in the BP history?

The X-Men has the most, the Avengers has a few but I'm drawing a blank on the BP franchise having any.

Beisa being trans doesn't add to nor detract from the story in any significant way. So I really don't see the issue, here. It's just Ewing introducing more information on a character who plays an integral role in the story she's telling.

And to be clear...I never once thought that she was introduced to be T'Challa's love interest. I think having broken up with Ororo a second time he would more or less come out of the romance game while he's rebuilding his life and reputation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thinking about it, I think we all just assumed she would be a love interest cause she's a Catwoman-analog and well its Catwoman, the classic rogue female romantic interest is a universal concept.

Honestly, I don't care if not!Catwoman is male, female, transgender, intersex, or three raccoons in a really weird coat.

My problem is that every issue seems to boil down to:

1. T'Challa monologues about his search for a new direction.
    2. Big infodump about Birnin T'chaka, and/or it's not!Mafia families
    3. T'challa fights somebody.
    4. Cliffhanger.

Parts 1-3 may get shuffled about a bit, but they are always there. Ewing is so enamored with her creative world-building (which is so ground-breaking, it's identical to NYC!) she forgets to give T'challa an actual character arc. The Beisa thing is just another example of that. Why is she transgender? Because it's more interesting than actually writing about Black Panther.
    I have not read the newest issue yet but yeah it wouldn't surprise me if its more of that.

I know this is the start of a new series but this is really set-upy. Its like doing a Thor run and dedicating every issue to explaining the meticulous lore of this close-off section of Asgard.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Has there been any other noticeable Queer character(s) in the BP history?

The X-Men has the most, the Avengers has a few but I'm drawing a blank on the BP franchise having any.

Beisa being trans doesn't add to nor detract from the story in any significant way. So I really don't see the issue, here. It's just Ewing introducing more information on a character who plays an integral role in the story she's telling.

And to be clear...I never once thought that she was introduced to be T'Challa's love interest. I think having broken up with Ororo a second time he would more or less come out of the romance game while he's rebuilding his life and reputation.
    Taku from the McGregor stuff, but nobody ever really followed up on it.

Also very cliche.
    I get her Cat analog but it would be more interesting if she was the Bat, as he is the Cat...this is more a Cat-Cat scenario, if you're going to look at it as a potential romance thing.
    Still...not knowing or speculating where Ewing is going with this...nothing so far indicates that T'Challa has any interest in her more than an accomplice in this endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Taku from the McGregor stuff, but nobody ever really followed up on it.
    Thanks. It would be coolz if someone did.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thanks. It would be coolz if someone did.
    Someone did. He and Venomm showed up in the Pride special last year. They are married, and it was pretty cute:

https://www.tumblr.com/thelogicalgho...voices-pride-1

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Anyone know where this panel is from?

That was a nice little moment. A pity they're retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Fantastic 4 #607
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    We know editorial wouldn't allow it.
    Free reign storytelling on Blackpanther destroying continuity is the only consistent thing about the franchise.
    Hire average to bad writers with little experience who need to rely on gimmicks rather than content to spark interest.
    I have zero problems with a trans character being added to the fold. My problem is the book is basic, plot is forced and out of place, and once again abrand new side character is taking up 1/3 to 1/4 of the titular hero's panel time.
    T'Challa hasn't grown an inch in these 4 issues. Wakanda looks like Chicago because no one in the royal family knew or heard of multiple generational crime families operating in a city named after T'Challa's beloved and deceased father? Same blind spot as Coats Treehouse rape camps I guess.

What's the hook?

Am I supposed to wait till issue 12 for any potential payoff?
    Thanks for re-affirming I made the right decision to wait.

Best anyone has said is "its ok" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

One of the many reasons why I stopped messing with Black Panther comics or heck anything Black Panther.

Someone did. He and Venomm showed up in the Pride special last year. They are married, and it was pretty cute:

https://www.tumblr.com/thelogicalgho...voices-pride-1
    Oh, nice! I missed that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Hickman’s FF, I think. That was where the King of the Dead powers were added after the Hell’s Kitchen stuff under Liss.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thanks for re-affirming I made the right decision to wait.

Best anyone has said is "its ok" lol
    Yeah.
    "It's ok"
    "Let eve cook"
    "Better than Ridley"
    "She's doing alright"

They'll be saying the same thing come issue 10 when we've learned more about Wakandan grocery stores and school schedules instead of any growth for the title hero.
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-07-2023 at 02:52 PM.