Page 86 of 345 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 5166
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Also, Bast has been MIA too.

"The panther god sees all"... not if she isn't around lol.
    Yep. Forgot about her being MIA.

And my previous post about the Skrulls? It would give the Empire a regular antagonist to deal with. Since it’s become personal with Wakanda how they got decimated by Wakanda during the Secret Invasion.

I'd read this book
    Marvel presents: Exiled Kings or Kings of Exile. If it is T'Challa and Namor going on adventures in a Buddy copesque comic that repairs the relationship ad they talk about how everything they did for their nations and now they are trying to move on without them and how they are relieved to some degree being free form the responsibility.

If they finally get back to Priest/ Hudlin level of respect again that would be a win

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Marvel presents: Exiled Kings or Kings of Exile. If it is T'Challa and Namor going on adventures in a Buddy copesque comic that repairs the relationship ad they talk about how everything they did for their nations and now they are trying to move on without them and how they are relieved to some degree being free form the responsibility.

If they finally get back to Priest/ Hudlin level of respect again that would be a win
    Let them form a new kingdom on an island lol

The Island of Cast Offs lolololol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I guess T'Challa forgot to try to kill Namor when they were in Aaron's Avengers. It must have slipped his mind.

If this is the future of Wakanda, then the best thing for T'Challa is to get out. They don't want him and they act like they don't need him.

Tosin is the future of Wakanda now. Bast is like, "Let me head on over to the IGEW and leave these fools behind."

Oh wait, they forgot that the IGEW even exists. So much for signing a treat with Atlantis for protection.
    I think X-Men Red indicated that Wakanda/IGEW did a Portugal/Brazil-style split before T’Challa was formally ousted hence him mentioning a ‘transition of power’ for why he was at the emergency council session where Storm dragged* him over Gentlr

Kind of surprised Gherke/Hanuman/Gorilla God hasn’t taken issue with the Jabbari still being under military occupation by a Dora Junta though

* Al Ewing’s a professional; but he’s been pretty clear that he doesn’t consider anyone who holds their current RW prominence to the MCU to be ‘real’ Marvel characters, and never ceases to treat the Avengers as upjumped b-lost cops (incl. T’Challa)

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    You’d know what could fix all this?

Skrulls.

It’d be a cop out, but with just one issue or a mini series, show that a fraction of Skrulls wanted revenge on T’Challa from Secret Invasion, and after Namor flooded Wakanda, Skrulls took that opportunity to infiltrate, posing as sone of those who died. All of the crap characters that Coates and Ridley introduced? Skrulls. They have been using the time since Secret War to place themselves in the new democratic government all as a way to have Revenge on T’Challa. Make it that half of the parliament was Skrulls. Those who created the Rape Camps from Coates run?

Skrulls. It’d be easy and painless. Make it an Annual. A mini.

It’s a perfect way to clean the slate by exposing them and softly resetting T’Challa and in turn, Wakanda, back to post-Secret War, pre-Coates era, only keeping Shuri’s development and the Intergalactic empire.
    Wasn't there a secret wars book that just came out and one of the avengers was supposed to be a skrull?

I would take this in a heartbeat. Though it doesn't explain why T'Challa is such a punk ass in his own book under Coates and Ridleys pen, at the very least it can clean up some of the mess, AND it has continuity ties to both the comics and MCU (since they love themselves that synergy) and allows for T'Challa to get
    clear solid wins ABD some feats because Super skrulls can be beefed up as strong as you want, or have any marvel heroes powers without having people complaining that their favorite is getting jobbed or some isht

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I haven’t come across anyone who’s actually a real fan of Tosin. Nor anyone that thinks he’s a great candidate for leader of Wakanda. It’s like they’re trying to force you into believing he’s a star without him actually becoming one. I don’t think he has the pedigree to be one.
    A leader? Hell no, of the last 9 years have taught us anything, it's that ALL these pet OCs introduced are absolute **** leaders and if written by a competent writer to course correct the Franchise, ALL these folks would get killed off because they are shitty leaders who would have to get destroyed to bring T'Challa back to show why he is King and BP. COULD become T'Challas protege... After he got the biggiest humbling ass whooping of his life to check his dumbass and allows him to see why T'Challa was right and he is wrong... But I'd prefer he was sacrificed like a lamb in the process to bring T'Challa back to status quo and o
    Above personally

Let them form a new kingdom on an island lol

The Island of Cast Offs lolololol
    Shoot throw Doom, BB, and Medusa and Redjacks Zanda on there and we got a marvel monarchs team up book. That COULD be badass

When does this dude's run end on BP, because got-diggity-damn this is crap on top of a crap cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    When does this dude's run end on BP, because got-diggity-damn this is crap on top of a crap cake.
    Next month

We gonna take bets on how much lower Ridley will try to take T'Challa? How he is going to end his **** run with the grandslam of low Showings for T'Challa? Because we all know he is NOT going to give him a win, he is going to end this at the lowest point possible. What else do we think he is going to lose? Think Bast going to show up and strip him of his power?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Everytime I come here, it's just more bad news.

Namor laughing his fishy ass off as if he didn't get exiled too.
    But Namor's a sumabitch that expects it, T'Challa is a puppy dog.

Anyone remember "put the blade where it belongs" where is that guy?

He’s definitely not beating Jhai. Unless the synopsis for 14 is misleading, T’Challa is going to try and fight Namor who will possibly dish out the most humiliating beating T’Challa endured in the series so far. Some crying afterwards and why he’s terrible etc. Try to stop Jhai in the final issue while injured, get beat up some more. Omo might actually be the one to stop Jhai or at least distract him until T’Challa or Tosin takes him. It’ll end with T’Challa agreeing with the decision to banish him and taking away his citizenship, possibly say that the PM is the leader that Wakanda needs and that he never could be and that Tosin is the future before telling him to be a better protector than he was. I’m expecting something like that.

I don’t see Ridley letting T’Challa beat Namor or Jhai unless it’s because of someone else’s intervention. The only ones to come out looking good will be Tosin and Omo.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ridley has some strange ideas. I read his interview about Jace and he basically confirmed the character being half-Asian was an insert from himself because his son is also half-Asian. I’m all for representation but not at the expense of existing characters. Lucius Fox looks like a rat now and that’s after all the crap he pulled to get Jace off the hook for accidentally killing someone.

Maybe Ridley is writing for those red-pilled self-hating brethren (it seems only the right-wingers appreciated the last issue) because what he’s done on BP makes no sense at all. Shuri ordered the attack on Atlantis against T’Challa’s protestations, why isn’t this at all addressed in the title? Heck, the previous BPs castigated him because he appeared indecisive when he had to take out Namor. BP and Namor have worked together since AvX (which was over 10 years ago?) and Time Runs Out and were both Avengers very recently, as Marvel2100 mentioned, did T’Challa forget to kill Namor then?

This book isn’t just a failure of Ridley but also of editorial and senior management. Why should two books (Avengers and BP) directly contradict each other? This is all very poor.

Wakanda entering into a treaty with Atlantis for “protection” has completely changed the dynamics of the country altogether. It’s not dissimilar to Coates having BP hook up with despots.

Ridley’s run had nothing to say except that to get T’Challa out of Wakanda. I actually don’t mind him being away from Wakanda but the way Ridley has gone about this is just awful.
    After I skimmed Ridley's reasoning for making Jace half-Asian in DC Power I decided to not buy that book, same as I'm not supporting Marvel's Voices this month. There's nothing wrong with Ridley wanting representation, and primarily for his biracial son (and other biracial kids), but it's how you go about it. He could've just had Lucius and Jace's birth mother not work out for a less toxic reason and then he marries his current wife, and they lag, for whatever reason, in not telling him about his biological mother. Ridley didn't have to put dirt on Lucius's name to make Jace half-Asian. But that's the way Ridley seems to write Black males, and now his relative kid gloves when it comes to Jace makes more sense now if Ridley had envisioned him as being half-Black all along (as well as being a proxy for his son). Being half-Black perhaps makes him less toxic as a Black male and a bit more competent (not completely, but a bit more).

I was reading the Next Batman: Future State graphic novel and I don't know if it's Ridley's hand or not, but they had Luke basically being villainous in that. I don't know how much of this is once again just coming from Ridley, or if he aligns with where DC want to take Lucius and Luke.
    Last edited by Emperorjones; 02-03-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He’s definitely not beating Jhai. Unless the synopsis for 14 is misleading, T’Challa is going to try and fight Namor who will possibly dish out the most humiliating beating T’Challa endured in the series so far. Some crying afterwards and why he’s terrible etc. Try to stop Jhai in the final issue while injured, get beat up some more. Omo might actually be the one to stop Jhai or at least distract him until T’Challa or Tosin takes him. It’ll end with T’Challa agreeing with the decision to banish him and taking away his citizenship, possibly say that the PM is the leader that Wakanda needs and that he never could be and that Tosin is the future before telling him to be a better protector than he was. I’m expecting something like that.

I don’t see Ridley letting T’Challa beat Namor or Jhai unless it’s because of someone else’s intervention. The only ones to come out looking good will be Tosin and Omo.
    I also see the Prime Minister coming off smelling like a rose by the end of Ridley's run. And I agree that T'Challa will not get a clean win. He'll get help, and he'll also get talked down to afterwards, with Ridley getting one more kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We gonna take bets on how much lower Ridley will try to take T'Challa? How he is going to end his **** run with the grandslam of low Showings for T'Challa? Because we all know he is NOT going to give him a win, he is going to end this at the lowest point possible. What else do we think he is going to lose? Think Bast going to show up and strip him of his power?
    It's going to be like that scene when the watcher showed up to talk crap about Beast but with Bast.