Page 105 of 345 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 5166
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

"Just to be clear, I only allowed you to hit me before because I was buying time. It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal. Putting on that costume doesn't make you any better a fighter. It only makes it more satisfying to beat you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    "[I]Just to be clear, I only allowed you to hit me before because I was buying time. It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal. Putting on that costume doesn't make you any better a fighter. It only makes it more satisfying to beat you.”

Great banter, Ridley would never.....could never....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Bad premise forced on a good writer who made it work.
    That's exactly how I see it too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised people didn't like Man Without Fear on release.
    Speaking only for myself, I was lukewarm initially because I wanted Marvel to set right DoomWar instead of sending T'Challa to Hell's Kitchen. It didn't feel in character for me that T'Challa would leave Wakanda while it was still in shambles. I stuck with Liss's run and came to appreciate it more. I still thought the premise was stupid, but Liss's writing and how he depicted T'Challa got little complaints from me, and as it stands right now, he's the last good mainline BP writer in my book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised people didn't like Man Without Fear on release.
    First Black Panther trade I checked out of the library and while waiting for training to start at my church for video taping started reading it.

Ignored the training and READ the book. Got done and went back to the library and got the rest and read them all that night.

Only books I have read the day I get them prior to that was Tim Drake's first Robin run and OG Static run.

Whatever issues it had-I didn't noticed.

Rest of the fight

god damn it.

now i want to write the panther again.

damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    god damn it.

damn it.
    I mean this in the friendliest of ways:
    I'll race you there.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I actually think it humanizes T’Challa to keep that aspect of him joining the Avengers. He can’t be all Wakanda all the time, dude’s a polymath genius and one of the greatest warriors on Earth, being an Avenger should be as exciting as it is challenging for him. But it needs to be firmly established his original intention was to spy on the team and that it was only after a time he started sticking around more out of personal desire than true need.
    Yep and then Coates had to come in and ruin that with some bullshit "I spied on the Avengers to learn from them because I'm a scientist at heart" and took the coolness away from why he joined. It didn't need further explanation, Priest did it right. Coates was on a sanitizing frenzy. Joining to spy then changing his mind is a whole lot better than pretending to spy but really wanting to learn from the white heroes, despite being a polymath genius and having the best education in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    "Just to be clear, I only allowed you to hit me before because I was buying time. It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal. Putting on that costume doesn't make you any better a fighter. It only makes it more satisfying to beat you."

Seriously Liss BP run was so damn good. I am truly pissed that he got let go just as he was going to repower T'Challa. Would've loved (and still would) to see his version of T'Challa powered with all his resources available to him. His story would be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    god damn it.

damn it.
    WE ALL WANT YOU TO GET ON THAT BOOK. Seriously T'Challa is DESPERATE for someone to do the above panels for him in his Solo again

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yep and then Coates had to come in and ruin that with some bullshit "I spied on the Avengers to learn from them because I'm a scientist at heart" and took the coolness away from why he joined. It didn't need further explanation, Priest did it right. Coates was on a sanitizing frenzy. Joining to spy then changing his mind is a whole lot better than pretending to spy but really wanting to learn from the white heroes, despite being a polymath genius and having the best education in the world
    I do like that he originally saw the Avengers as a potential threat or a tool (in the EMH cartoon he had them help retake his throne) but overtime he found genuine camaraderie and companionship among them.

Friends beyond the royal line, where he can speak plainly too and can be spoken plainly too. Its sort of a work retreat in a sense, he can forget all about the hardships and difficulties of managing a country, and just be a superhero with all the cool shit that entails.

This is a pretty cool scene as it shows how driven he is.

Sure he broke the guys arm, but better a broken than him doing something unforgivable while being brainwashed

It's a pretty indicative moment, because of how modern BP comics constantly scrutinize every little thing T does, this would definitely be framed badly by his allies

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    First Black Panther trade I checked out of the library and while waiting for training to start at my church for video taping started reading it.

Ignored the training and READ the book. Got done and went back to the library and got the rest and read them all that night.

Only books I have read the day I get them prior to that was Tim Drake's first Robin run and OG Static run.

Whatever issues it had-I didn't noticed.
    I was like that with Hudlin's Who is the Black Panther. I was at the laundromat when I cracked it open and tore through it.