Page 142 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 5166

SO I finished Ridley's last issue. Thank goodness it's the last one. What people predicted would happen with Omolola and Jhai happened. Probably the worse Black Panther run i've read. Admittingly though, I am kind of intrigued by the premise of the next run, I think it's a good opportunity to get back to ass kicking T'challa. Though I am upset he's lost the throne again, and that Ridley split up T'challa and Ororo after all the work coates did in getting them back on track.

Good riddance Ridley and don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Black Panther comics were really bad before he came on the book and it’s entirely up in their air whether they’ll improve after. Happy he’s gone but Ridley just built off a rotten foundation and cemented it, then proved things CAN get worse.

We have the same editor and we know who the upcoming writer’s main inspiration is, so what I’m really excited about now is Jed Mackay and Jonathan Hickman handling T’Challa in future ensemble projects. They don’t have the stench of the last few years on them.

So glad this disaster is over and can hopefully be completely ignored. It's pretty telling that he didn't even acknowledge T'Challa in that little farewell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    So glad this disaster is over and can hopefully be completely ignored. It's pretty telling that he didn't even acknowledge T'Challa in that little farewell.
    We already know this isn’t getting ignored, Ewing’s said they’re picking up where Ridley left off. And it was also telling in her interview when T’Challa barely got brought up. It can always get worse y’all, Marvel has done nothing to earn back any trust other than the slim hope Ridley’s total commercial and critical failure will force a change. Neither the premise or writer they’ve chosen to follow him convince me of that but I’m willing to give things a chance if I hear good things about the first arc.
    Last edited by chief12d; 03-08-2023 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Who are These "old friends" that he speaks of? All he brought in were his horribly written fanfic shitty OCs. What work did he put in?

Man's is delusional. He's lost his damn mind!

Incredible Member

lol man listen JHAI is basically a male version nakia\malice thats all im going to say . im glad this run is over

Y'all are going to HATE this. One last round of shade for the king.

As for Ms. Ewing... for all her bluster about loving where Ridley left T'Challa, the fact is that:

spoilers:
    By having T'Challa return to Wakanda in secret, she's pretty much ignoring Ridley's ending, as poor as it was
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Black Panther comics were really bad before he came on the book and it’s entirely up in their air whether they’ll improve after. Happy he’s gone but Ridley just built off a rotten foundation and cemented it, then proved things CAN get worse.

We have the same editor and we know who the upcoming writer’s main inspiration is, so what I’m really excited about now is Jed Mackay and Jonathan Hickman handling T’Challa in future ensemble projects. They don’t have the stench of the last few years on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We already know this isn’t getting ignored, Ewing’s said they’re picking up where Ridley left off. And it was also telling in her interview when T’Challa barely got brought up. It can always get worse y’all, Marvel has done nothing to earn back any trust other than the slim hope Ridley’s total commercial and critical failure will force a change. Neither the premise or writer they’ve chosen to follow him convince me of that but I’m willing to give things a chance if I hear good things about the first arc.
    I don't see how anyone has any confidence in Ewing... it is delusion and an incredible amount of Hope-ium.

There has been nothing said that has changed my mind. I'll consider buying after 4 issues/first arc if it respects the character.

If thta "kills a good book..." for not pre-ordering, then that is Marvel's fault for how they have treated the character this long, not mine.

Same editor, same people in charge, same author tree, same type of interviews. No thanks
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't see how anyone has any confidence in Ewing... it is delusion and an incredible amount of Hope-ium.

There has been nothing said that has changed my mind. I'll consider buying after 4 issues/first arc if it respects the character.

If thta "kills a good book..." for not pre-ordering, then that is Marvel's fault for how they have treated the character this long, not mine.

Same editor, same people in charge, same author tree, same type of interviews. No thanks
    The only thing in Ewing's favor, in my opinion, is that she's a competent writer and doesn't seem like the type to sabotage the protagonist of the book...unless it's clear she would rather be writing anybody but T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing in Ewing's favor, in my opinion, is that she's a competent writer and doesn't seem like the type to sabotage the protagonist of the book...unless it's clear she would rather be writing anybody but T'Challa.
    I don’t see how people could look at that interview she gave and realistically think T’Challa isn’t gonna be sidelined like under Coates and Ridley. She already sounds like she’s more interested in talking about Wakandan architecture or culinary history than T’Challa himself. She makes a point to emphasize supporting character’s agency but doesn’t keep that same energy for the lead. Like I keep saying, I’d be happy to be wrong and give this book a shot after a few issues but my expectations are rightfully in hell.

Now I did get this final issue since it’s ending, and the last panel is Shuri, Tosin, Omolola, the PM, and a bunch of Dora acting like they’re taking charge now and the new “face” of Wakanda. I expect most of them to be real leads of Ewing’s book and T’Challa to be a pinball protagonist to flesh out all these trash characters and the new status quo. Ewing’s also already said we’re getting new characters too, so as far as I can tell we’re gonna get another flood of half-baked OCs on top of Coates and Ridley’s OCs with a heavy emphasis on a new city…

The chances of this book not being a World of Wakanda 2.0 but even worse is extremely low honestly. That’s still a better written comic than Ridley could ever hope to put out, but that’s pretty bad lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 03-08-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Incredible Member

mcu synergy was all over the ending panel

The fact that people think Ewing will somehow follow up on this issue is borderline ridiculous:

Ridley:

spoilers:
    T'Challa can NEVER EVER EVER return to Wakanda. He wants to "move forward with nothing holding you back".
    end of spoilers

Ewing:

spoilers:
    T'Challa secretly returns to Wakanda because one city needs help
    end of spoilers

So much for spoilers:
    moving forward...
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The fact that people think Ewing will somehow follow up on this issue is borderline ridiculous:

Ridley:

spoilers:
    T'Challa can NEVER EVER EVER return to Wakanda. He wants to "move forward with nothing holding you back".
    end of spoilers

Ewing:

spoilers:
    T'Challa secretly returns to Wakanda because one city needs help
    end of spoilers

So much for spoilers:
    moving forward...
    end of spoilers
    i have my doubts when it comes to Ewing but imo she was just showing A fellow black writer respect her run will undo a lot of RIDLEYS foolishness