Page 168 of 345 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 5166

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Anyone know who this is?

I always now side eye anyone described as a "literary type"

https://www.blackindylive.com/indian...-panther-book/
    Have no idea. But I’m going to keep my guard up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Anyone know who this is?

Definitely a red flag word for me now LOL but I have no idea who he is.

With this much content coming something should atleast be accidentally good.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-02-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Definitely a red flag word for me now LOL but I have no idea who he is.

With this much content coming something should atleast be accidentally good.
    I had to do some research but I do know of this guy.

This is the book I know most about him

https://www.amazon.com/Usual-Suspect.../dp/B07CWW1Y1N

Thelonius Mitchell is tired of being labeled. He’s in special ed, separated from the “normal” kids at school who don’t have any “issues.” That’s enough to make all the teachers and students look at him and his friends with a constant side-eye. (Although his disruptive antics and pranks have given him a rep too.)

When a gun is found at a neighborhood hangout, Thelonius and his pals become instant suspects. Thelonius may be guilty of pulling crazy stunts at school, but a criminal? T isn’t about to let that label stick.
    He is also in the "Black Panther – Kindred Spirits" (Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda, Titan Books, March 2021)

Anyone know who this is?

I heard of his Knights of Breton Court trilogy and is on my to read list. He does sci-fi and fantasy books and I think he did an anthology story in Tales of Wakanda. But I'm not interested in yet another retelling of T'Challa's origins there were plenty of more interesting BP stories to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    After a quick skim.... I could be okay with this. He doesn't sound like (atleast on this interview and what I read) like a Coates or Ridley Self hating type. He seemed very intentional in trying to make sure Africans and black people are represented as accurately as he could without European influence and and looking at building it up from a idealize and hopefully angle. He seems to also be a BP fan so there's that.

I would check out whatever thing he is going to be doing on T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, we know that T'Challa should handle Tosin no sweat but we also know the last two solo writers had no problem with letting T'Challa get his ass whupped.

Pyrrhic victories making a comeback.
    Thing is, Tosin is just... A shitty character. Nothing about him (or really any of Ridleys OCs) is remarkable or even likable. They are all shit characters and hypocrites and add nothing but take everything.

They deserve a Morlunesque purge but this time it's a group of a New OC villains COMPLETELY designed to elevate T'Challa and punk all these ASS OCs and purge them from the franchise forever

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Sounds promising. More-so than recent hires

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I had to do some research but I do know of this guy.

This is the book I know most about him

https://www.amazon.com/Usual-Suspect.../dp/B07CWW1Y1N

He is also in the "Black Panther – Kindred Spirits" (Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda, Titan Books, March 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I heard of his Knights of Breton Court trilogy and is on my to read list. He does sci-fi and fantasy books and I think he did an anthology story in Tales of Wakanda. But I'm not interested in yet another retelling of T'Challa's origins there were plenty of more interesting BP stories to choose from.
    Ah I remember the Kindred spirits in the anthology book... I felt he really captured T'Challas voice really REALLY well. That was a good story. I didn't realize this was the same guy... O think he could do a legit good story TBH

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

At least he's more of a fiction writers so thats good.

But another origin story? Come on Marvel your ham-stringing your writers, let em go crazy with the limited series.

Over on DC Ram V wrote Aquaman: Andromeda featuring Aquaman dealing with a cosmic horror, Mark Russel wrote Superman: Space Age a period story in the 20th century about Superman trying to stave off the Anti-Moniter destroying his world, and Christopher Priest himself is writing Superman: Lost which is like the Odyssey about Superman being lost in space and taking 20 years to reach home.

You gotta be more ambitious with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    At least he's more of a fiction writers so thats good.

But another origin story? Come on Marvel your ham-stringing your writers, let em go crazy with the limited series.

Over on DC Ram V wrote Aquaman: Andromeda featuring Aquaman dealing with a cosmic horror, Mark Russel wrote Superman: Space Age a period story in the 20th century about Superman trying to stave off the Anti-Moniter destroying his world, and Christopher Priest himself is writing Superman: Lost which is like the Odyssey about Superman being lost in space and taking 20 years to reach home.

You gotta be more ambitious with this stuff.
    We already had a novelization of WitBP in 2014, Rise updating his origin in 2019, and Legends redoing it again just last year. It’s ridiculous that we’re getting another next year. It at least better be completely different from how it’s originally portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    We already had a novelization of WitBP in 2014, Rise updating his origin in 2019, and Legends redoing it again just last year. It’s ridiculous that we’re getting another next year. It at least better be completely different from how it’s originally portrayed.
    It should completely ignore Tochis version because his is stupid as hell, and it should basically be like Rise except for actually updating the FF fight as well. Maybe for good measure add in EMH origin of T'Challa meeting (and beating) the Avengers and the subsequent team up and spying on them (ignoring Coates bullshit that he spied to learn from them) clean the shit up atleast and make it all coherent. But given he did that short story in the anthology book, just let him do something new again instead

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wai I think this is the book

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...ied-first-look

Take an Unredacted Look at Iron Man and Black Panther: Declassified

Get to know your favorite Marvel Comics heroes more intimately than ever before in Smart Pop's new Declassified series, hitting shelves this winter! Each book will tell the story of one of Marvel's most heralded heroes—in his own words as well as notes, interviews, journal entries, and files assembled from the Avengers’ archives.

IRON MAN: TONY STARK DECLASSIFIED
    (ON SALE NOVEMBER 14, 2023)

In Iron Man: Tony Stark Declassified, the first book in the series, readers can dive deep into the origin story of one of Marvel Comics’ most heroic, heralded, and complex characters—Iron Man—in his own words as well as notes, interviews, and files assembled from the in-universe Avengers’ archive by authors Kevin Dilmore and Dayton Ward.

An unprecedented, comprehensive firsthand chronicle, Iron Man: Tony Stark Declassified draws on more than a half century of classic tales to present an insightful, personal take about—and by—one of the most talked-about heroes of all time.

Featuring Tony’s perspective on his most important friends, allies, and enemies including Captain America, Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, James Rhodes, Ironheart, Bruce Banner, Hellcat, and Arno Stark, and his thoughts on the Marvel Universe’s most memorable moments, this first-of-its-kind archival collection is a must for fans of all ages.

BLACK PANTHER: T’CHALLA DECLASSIFIED
    (ON SALE JANUARY 30, 2024)

Following Iron Man, the next book in the series will be Black Panther: T’Challa Declassified written by Maurice Broaddus.

Millions of comic book fans know T’Challa as the Black Panther and king of the futuristic African nation Wakanda, and this new book explores the man behind the mask!

For the first time since his introduction in FANTASTIC FOUR (1963) #52, this groundbreaking and intimate book tells the true story of one of Marvel Comics’ most iconic and inspiring characters, via in-world interviews, journal entries, newspaper articles, and intelligence briefings from S.H.I.E.L.D. and other agencies.

Black Panther: T'Challa Declassified draws on more than half a century of classic tales to present an insightful, completely unique—and completely personal—take on and by one of the most talked-about heroes of all time.

Featuring T’Challa’s perspective on his most important allies and enemies including Shuri, Okoye, Erik Killmonger, Ulysses S. Klaw, and the White Wolf, and his accounts of some of Marvel Comics’ most memorable moments, this collection is a must-read for Marvel and Black Panther fans of all ages.
    I guess its an in-universe bio on the characters

As long as they don't try to hamfist MCU Shuri into this and force her into T'Challas lane then sure.

Sounds even less interesting