Page 2 of 345 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    so there’s going to be a new writer yes?

any news on who it is yet?
    The identity of the new writer is still uncertain as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    so there’s going to be a new writer yes?

any news on who it is yet?
    No confirmation just yet. If I had to guess I think Bryan Hill or Brandon Thomas will get the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No confirmation just yet. If I had to guess I think Bryan Hill or Brandon Thomas will get the book.
    Yeah, I'm guessing Hill, though I want Redjack on the book

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Something funny to think about, I've seen a lot of people in agreement that T'Challa for the sake of his own health should just ditch Wakanda and move on from them completely because of how horrible they are.

Its a great irony there. Despite their promotion of Wakanda as a setting and to show how it can function with BP himself as its main hero, all they accomplished is for fans to instead revolt against Wakanda in favor of BP himself because Wakanda is so excessively toxic and unlikable that T'Challa should basically tell Wakandans to go **** themselves and abandon the place entirely.

Like if Marvel were to offer fans a completely binary choice of who would stay, Wakanda or T'Challa, they would for the most part go with the latter.

In case anyone needs to start the year off with a laugh, here’s what Katt Williams thinks about Wakanda Forever.

https://twitter.com/damnleo08/status...sk9o1pmnSWIcvA
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Edit

Ah blackclaw beat me to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Something funny to think about, I've seen a lot of people in agreement that T'Challa for the sake of his own health should just ditch Wakanda and move on from them completely because of how horrible they are.

Its a great irony there. Despite their promotion of Wakanda as a setting and to show how it can function with BP himself as its main hero, all they accomplished is for fans to instead revolt against Wakanda in favor of BP himself because Wakanda is so excessively toxic and unlikable that T'Challa should basically tell Wakandans to go **** themselves and abandon the place entirely.

Like if Marvel were to offer fans a completely binary choice of who would stay, Wakanda or T'Challa, they would for the most part go with the latter.
    My ideal situation is that T’Challa says “**** this”, and flies up in space to rule the empire full time. Meanwhile an upgraded villain from T’Challas past comes in and wrecks Wakanda’s **** while mocking new characters like Tosin saying “Where’s your REAL protector?” And that’s when the Wakandans finally realize that they need T’Challa. Bonus points if Shuri and Okoye are the first ones to call idiots like Tosin, Ayo, or Folosade out on their stupidity.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    My ideal situation is that T’Challa says “**** this”, and flies up in space to rule the empire full time. Meanwhile an upgraded villain from T’Challas past comes in and wrecks Wakanda’s **** while mocking new characters like Tosin saying “Where’s your REAL protector?” And that’s when the Wakandans finally realize that they need T’Challa. Bonus points if Shuri and Okoye are the first ones to call idiots like Tosin, Ayo, or Folosade out on their stupidity.
    Great minds I suppose because I had a similar thought as this. And Katt Williams hit the nail on the head. When it comes to new writer for BP, I got a sinking feeling that they are just going to rebrand the book-perhaps with Tosin as the lead-but Ridley will still be writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Great minds I suppose because I had a similar thought as this. And Katt Williams hit the nail on the head. When it comes to new writer for BP, I got a sinking feeling that they are just going to rebrand the book-perhaps with Tosin as the lead-but Ridley will still be writing it.
    Why Marvel Comics jumped the gun with Tosin I will never know.

All they had to do is wait a few more months to see exactly what the movie was doing to go ahead and add a "younger" male protagonist.

Tosin is gonna join Vibraxas in limbo.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

All they had to do is wait a few more months to see exactly what the movie was doing to go ahead and add a "younger" male protagonist.

Lol, yeah. Coogler interestingly both screwed and saved T’Challa at the same time. Letitia more or less confirmed in the interview with John Boyega that T’Junior is meant to be a soft reboot of the character so with that said there’s nothing to synergize here. And I’m looking forward to seeing Tosin being carted off to limbo land.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

MCU going all in with the Incursion thing

and no T'challa

GD, that is going to HURT. It is probably T'challa's biggest "Avengers storyline" in the comics and he's gonna be complete MIA from it.

And before someone goes "Junior! or Variant!"... that isn't "main" T'challa trying to figure out how to stop the damn thing (and failing). So it isn't the same thing at all.

Lol, yeah. Coogler interestingly both screwed and saved T’Challa at the same time. Letitia more or less confirmed in the interview with John Boyega that T’Junior is meant to be a soft reboot of the character so with that said there’s nothing to synergize here. And I’m looking forward to seeing Tosin being carted off to limbo land.
    The dumb T'challa Jr thing saved comic T'challa's life basically.

Marvel can't even get Shuri off the ground... they are not going to be able to make a kid in the comics and make him popular. That is nearly impossible in this day and age.

Tosin is 100% dead in the water. Joining the other random powered youngins that have popped up the last however many years.

Ridley just introduced so many OC so he can hopefully get a random 10K check from Marvel Studios in the next 10 years if they use one of his names lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I’m pretty sure Tosin had to do less with replacing T’Challa and more about fixing the general lack of non-villainous black men in Marvel’s premier black franchise. And he fits with the wider effort to marginalize T’Challa in his own franchise like the MCU has done. Outside T’Challa and NuM’Baku (who’s forever attached the commercial failure of the IGEW storyline and has no chance of developing a consistent franchise outside Coates Twitter), Marvel’s done a poor job of elevating Wakandan men as anything other than pigs for T’Challa to imprison and slaughter. And to be blamed for all the issues in Wakanda. Ridley probably saw an opportunity to put a black male character on the map who T’Challa didn’t need to end up killing and could be treated as a self-sustaining character the way Marvel desperately wants Shuri and the Dora Milaje to be (and have largely failed).

He shot the character’s chances of success by separating T’Challa from Wakanda because there’s no reason for the kid to appear in the book if the only Wakandan people care about isn’t actually in Wakanda for more than a few pages. A character from some isolated tribe who only cares about Wakanda has no place in a Black Panther story about geopolitics and espionage. So we can barely even see him as a character and what little we have seen has been extremely unlikable because his only personality trait is some vaguely defined spirituality and him shitting on the lead lol.

If you wanna push a new supporting character, you do what Coates did with the Midnight Angels (but not poorly lol), feature them prominently in several issues and develop a unique dynamic with the lead. It’s been 12 issues and Tosin’s barely been featured, there’s been no forward momentum on his relationship with T’Challa. Just him being more willing to help out Wakanda, but that means nothing because we don’t give a damn if he cares about Wakanda, he’s not interesting enough or established enough for people to care about that. T’Challa is our anchor for this book and since his main character trait is hating T’Challa, it’s incredibly poor writing for none of these things to be addressed until this shitty ass book gets cancelled lol.

Happy New Year everyone! Wishing a great year for everyone!

Let's hope that Marvel finally brings T'Challa back to prominence this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I wish he would. He's got enough wealth and connections to start his own thing.

I'd like to see him start a new Secret Avengers team:

Black Widow - Yelena Belova or Natasha would be fine.
    Ronin - New character
    Ares
    Invisible Woman
    Blade

I think that there are enough B and C list characters on the team to keep people interested.