Page 6 of 345 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Also don't get why people are still trying to say BPWF did bad. It didn't.

When BP 1 came out we had :

No pandemic
    Chadwick alive as a bankable lead
    No Dplus
    An Avengers movie around the corner
    China BO

The pandemic, no China, and the massively increased focus on Dplus viewership has effectively changed Disney's entire release model.

They were paying close attention in 2021 and we watched them experiment with release models. What they ultimately settled on is shorter release in theaters with massive D plus promotion. Now Dplus subscribers can effectively watch this movie for free if they are willing to wait 3 months. Thats a huge difference and a lot will take advantage of that.

With all of those things it still best Thor and most other movies this year that weren't Avatar and Top Gun. Only DS2 beat it and that had less real competition. Therrs no doubt in my mind they are very happy with the numbers with all of these considered. Billion dollar movies are going to go back to pre 2018 status for marvel save for avengers films. And Disney is ok with that. They can make money from folks in theaters and have year round income from Disney plus subscribers, because once these folks watch the movies they'll probably go ahead and watch one of the shows too. And that money is all there. Ant man 3 and Marvel's ain't making a billion either. We won't see a bil til the next avengers film from Disney.
    Here is some more on this below.

Some reasons why PHASE 4 MOVIES are not it's not making as much money in the box office like phase 3 on average.

Phase 4 has less movies at the box office,plus newer heroes,no big event avengers film so that means less solo movies making a billion or more,plus china and russia are out of the picture plus covid is still around,streaming and the change of certain movie habits because of covid etc..
    Has for quality?
    Anybody remember ironfist and inhumans for example?
    Overall mcu quality has gone up IN PHASE 4 and most critics and audiences agree.
    It is so far the most creative and the best phase so far.
    Anyway wakanda forever performed well.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-03-2023 at 07:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Arrives On Disney+ This Month

This is an interesting set. I wonder why T'Challa was included as opposed to another Spider hero or someone like Cap. Bodies well for T'Challa's popularity if kids are meeting him from a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    This is an interesting set. I wonder why T'Challa was included as opposed to another Spider hero or someone like Cap. Bodies well for T'Challa's popularity if kids are meeting him from a young age.
    Now all we need is a proper BP animated series. And get Redjack as showrunner.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

T'challa shows up as a guest appearance in that particular cartoon on more than one occasion.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

It really does.

I was surprised at how many white kids dressed up as Black Panther at my kids school for Halloween (in 2021).

Beyond that, there's a LOT of T'Challa BP merch in the local comic/toy stores in my location.

Because T'Challa is a regular guest on Spidey and his amazing friends. My 4yr old son watches it all the time and T'Challa had appeared multiple times in every season. Which is great because it gives exposure to him and my son likes him as well as Spin (Miles) so I'm taking it as a win

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It really does.

I was surprised at how many white kids dressed up as Black Panther at my kids school for Halloween (in 2021).

Beyond that, there's a LOT of T'Challa BP merch in the local comic/toy stores in my location.
    Same. The WF section is full of toys at my Walmart, but T'Challa stuff? It's always bought up

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa shows up as a guest appearance in that particular cartoon on more than one occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because T'Challa is a regular guest on Spidey and his amazing friends. My 4yr old son watches it all the time and T'Challa had appeared multiple times in every season. Which is great because it gives exposure to him and my son likes him as well as Spin (Miles) so I'm taking it as a win
    Ah. That explains it. Thanks to both of you.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Wow we seriously retreading this back and forth about a movie T'Challa wasn't in? None of us are getting royalty checks from it so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter how it performed. Brothers and sisters let that **** go.
    To the folks who want T'Challa gone and this become a female lead franchise it does matter to them and that is why they cape for that movie.

If the movie is viewed as a flop of course black men and T'Challa fans will get the blame. Because they were the ones who made it flop according to the unfans. If the movie is deemed a flop.

WHO CARES? Because the moral of the story boils down to this-THIS IS WHY THEY RECAST THOSE ROLES.

To the fake woke who want black woman lead movies from Marvel-would be BETTER served not attacking T'Challa fans and petitioning Marvel for one. Along with actually supporting black female lead books. At BOTH companies.

Unfans can cape all they want but I know who I see on the shelves. It's T'Challa. One movie is not going to deter that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To the folks who want T'Challa gone and this become a female lead franchise it does matter to them and that is why they cape for that movie.

If the movie is viewed as a flop of course black men and T'Challa fans will get the blame. Because they were the ones who made it flop according to the unfans. If the movie is deemed a flop.

WHO CARES? Because the moral of the story boils down to this-THIS IS WHY THEY RECAST THOSE ROLES.

To the fake woke who want black woman lead movies from Marvel-would be BETTER served not attacking T'Challa fans and petitioning Marvel for one. Along with actually supporting black female lead books. At BOTH companies.

Unfans can cape all they want but I know who I see on the shelves. It's T'Challa. One movie is not going to deter that.
    the simple-minded can only imagine the elevation of a character by tearing down another.

yeah i said it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Absolutely agree with you my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I think some have laid out why they dislike Tosin, and so I feel to call what people say about the character "unfounded" is very dismissive. Ridley set the character up to be in opposition to T'Challa (and this is a T'Challa appreciation page, so yeah, some people are going to take issue with that). If you like him, cool, but do you think your liking him is just as "unfounded" as people disliking him?

As for Wakanda Forever, the movie underperformed at the box office. It's not a failure, it's not a flop, but it did underperform compared to the first film. (And it faced some of the same challenges that Top Gun and Jurassic Park did, though both made a billion, and it also didn't overtake Dr. Strange 2, even though the first Black Panther made gobs more money than the first Dr. Strange, and arguably Wakanda Forever had far less competition and the lucrative Thanksgiving holiday all to itself). If next year, The Marvels also doesn't hit, or exceed, a billion like the first one did, then the same conversation can also be had, though I doubt the Wakanda Forever defenders or deniers will be out in force explaining why a disappointment isn't a disappointment then. Ant-Man 3 is not coming off a billion-dollar Ant-Man 2. If it hits what Wakanda Forever made last year that will be considered a win, and also proof that each successive Ant-Man movie is getting bigger box office, which is now something the Black Panther franchise can't claim. They can turn it around with the third movie-if there is a third movie-but as it stands, Wakanda Forever's box office underperformed.
    First off, a character being in opposition to a maon character isn't itself a bad thing so I dont get why that would be cause for hating him. Its a strange perspective to have towards an antagonistic character being antagonistic, bur moreover I was referring to how people are trying to claim hed replacing tchalla with him or something when there's really no evidence of any of that on the cards on Ridley art or Marvel's. The dude has barely even shown up in the book.

As for the box office, it cannot be stated to agree underperformed relative to the first because the situation of itd release was in no way similar to the first. It should be compared against other releases of rhe year to have correct context, not a film released under wildly differing smcirucmstances. It implies that the standards for its performance are set by numbers outside of context which is just dishonest at best. Underperformed means performed below expectations, and what I'm saying is Disney's expectations definitely were not for this movie to match the first, and the first exceeded their initial expectations. Viewed in context of world conditions and release conditions and Disney's new and current release model it did very well.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He doesn't add anything to the book so far. He is just another, "T'challa sucks" character. How is that any different from Omo, MA in season 1+, Folisade, and currently Storm?

Cool powers (that weren't properly set up), cool design, fills a possible need in "young black male character"... sure. But all that is surface level stuff. What do you like about actual TOSIN? Nothing... there is nothing to like because there is no character there. Ridley spent no time at all on him so he is just a paper thin hater like the rest.

Plus... Tosin is just shitty, paper thin Vibraxas. But every writer wants OC's so they can possibly get an MCU royalty check in the future.
    Every characters like that when they debut. Obviously there's not much story to him yet, but thats just as much an argument against hating him as it is an argument for doing so. Every character needs a decent story or moments to he good. We haven't gotten a lot but as far as brand new characters and designs go his is better and has more potential than a lot of others we've gotten recently from marvel and I'm hoping they use it. But we'll have to see how gets the book next.

His reasons for being against tchalla don't really have anything to do with tchalla and is more of a cultural divide based on his tradition of his origin which is again an interesting angle to take, and it involves wakandan lore and storytelling without necessarily bringing real world politics in, so you can do a lot if stuff with it. I just hope he's given a chance, but we get a lot of new characters introduced that are never given proper explorations we'll see

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Now all we need is a proper BP animated series. And get Redjack as showrunner.
    With respect to Redjack,...lets hear another voice/option.