Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

#148 Roma città aperta
    They could've done a lot more with that script.

BANNED

#149 My Darling Clementine
    Doc Holliday was much better when portrayed by Douglas, 10 years later. Victor Mature is flat.

and #150 Sciuscià
    De Sica talking about poverty has better films than this one.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Default March in a rearview screen

12. Primal (2010) - ★★★★
    13. Bullet To The Head (2012) - ★★★★
    14. The Baytown Outlaws (2012) - ★★★★
    15. Nymphomaniac: Volume I & II – The Director's Cut (2013) - ★★★★
    16. Exchange (a.k.a. Deep Trap) (2015) - ★★★
    17. City Of Rock (2017) - ★★★★
    18. Feral (2017) - ★★★
    19. A Cool Fish (2018) - ★★★★
    20. Cocaine Bear (2023) - ★★★★★
    21. Furies (2023) - ★★★★★
    22. Unwelcome (2023) - ★★★★
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

MARCH Movies

Zipping right along since I've cut the cable.

1. Flame and Citron (2008) Kanopy
    2. Mr. Malcom's List (2022) Kanopy
    3. Samurai Marathon (2019) Hoopla
    4. Arctic (2018) Kanopy
    5. Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary (2019) Kanopy
    6. Death on the Nile (1978) Hoopla
    7. Death on the Nile (2022) DVD
    8. Bones and All (2022)
    9. Poker Face (2022) DVD
    10. Man Called Otto (2023) theater
    11. 65 (2023) theater
    12. All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) DVD
    13. Women Talking (2022) Amazon
    14. The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry (2022) Kanopy
    15. The Whale (2022)
    16. The Harder They Fall (2021) Netflix
    17. Empire of Light (2022)
    18. The Gray Man (2022) Netflix
    19. Everly (2014) Peacock
    20. Son of Monarchs (2020) Kanopy
    21. Man From Toronto (2022) Netflix
    22. RRR (2022) Netflix
    23. Operation Fortune Ruse de Guerre (2023)
    24. Marlowe (2023)
    25. Living (2022)
    26. Scott of the Antarctica (1949) Kanopy
    27. Maruaders (2016) Kanopy
    28. The Immigrant (2013) Kanopy
    29. The Hole in the Ground (2019) Kanopy
    30. Tulip Fever (2017) Kanopy
    31. Radio Days (1987) Kanopy
    32. A Good Woman (2004) Kanopy
    33. The Flowers of War (2012) Kanopy
    34. The Minus Man (1999) Kanopy
    35. I Am Dragon (2015) Amazon
    36. Shadow (2018) Amazon
    37. Fanboys (2009) Kanopy
    38. Snow Cake (2006) Kanopy
    39. Angel Azul (2014) Kanopy

JANUARY Movies

1. Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) Showtime [New Year Day movie!]
    2. Bel Canto (2018) DVD x2
    3. Stand Clear of the Closing Doors (2013) DVD
    4. Sin Nombre (2009) DVD
    5. Eyes of Tammy Faye( 2022) DVD
    6. Great Performances: King and I PBS
    7. The Forgiven (2021) DVD
    8. Private Lives of Henry VIII (1933) TCM
    9. Salome (1953) TCM
    10. Salome (1922) TCM
    11. Driveways (2019) TMC
    12. Let the Right One In (2008) TMC
    13. Let Me in (2010) Tubi
    14. Florence Foster Jenkins (2016) Showtime
    15. Beau Brummell (1954) TCM
    16. Power of the Dog (2021) Netflix
    17. The Pale Blue Eye (2023) Netflix
    18. Farewell to Spring (1959) TCM
    19. A Man Called Ove (2015) Prime
    20. Del Toro's Pinocchio (2022) Netflix
    21. Disney's Pinocchio (2022) Disney+
    22. Tar (2022) DVD
    23. Plane (2023) Theater
    24. Get the Gringo (2012) Amazon
    25. Violent Night (2022) Peacock
    26. Jungle Cruise (2020) Disney+
    27. Rogue One (2016) Disney+
    28. Black Panther Wakanda Forever (2022) Theater
    29. Outlaw King (2018) Netflix
    30. Train to Busan (2016) Prime
    31. All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) Netflix
    32. Madres (2021) Amazon
    33. Nomads (2010) Freevee

FEBRUARY Movies

1. Secret Headquarters (2022) DVD
    2. Amazing Racer (2009) Freevee
    3. The 33 (2015) DVD
    4. Silent Twins (2022) Peacock
    5. Shotgun Wedding (2023) Amazon
    6. Rosaline (2022) Disney+
    7. Ant-Man (2015) Disney+
    8. Ant-Man and Wasp (2018) Disney+
    9. Ant-Man and Wasp Quantumania (2023) Theater
    10. Mary Queen of Scots (1971) Amazon
    11. The Menu (2022) HBO
    12. Crimes of the Future (2022) Kanopy
    13. Blade of the Immortal (2017) Kanopy
    14. Devotion (2022)
    15. Armageddon Time (2022) Peacock
    16. Like Someone In Love (2012) Kanopy
    17. Prospect (2018) Kanopy
    18. Burke and Hare (2010) Kanopy
    19. M3gan (2022) Peacock
    20. The Wailing (2016) Kanopy
    21. The Two Faces of January (2015) Kanopy
    22. The Bookshop (2017) Kanopy
    23. Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989) Kanopy
    24. What's Love Got to Do With It? (1993) Peacock
    25. Queen of the Desert (2015) Kanopy
    26. Peninsular (2020) Kanopy
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-25-2023 at 01:55 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

1. Magic Mike's Last Dance
    10/10

A highly entertaining great romance movie that stands on its own as the third movie in the Magic Mike Movie series.
    The movie provides a believable reason why Mike lost his furniture business which is why it is believable he's working as a bartender.

The movie has great dancing scenes, drama, romance, a ticking clock, music that fits the scenes, a variety of locations, good dialogue, a believable drawback for a divorce, 2 likable flawed protagonists that have an achievable goal, and entertaining other protagonists including the butler Victor.
    I did greatly enjoy that Mike directing a romance play that has obvious flaws that are addressed does greatly get changed, and he makes it a modern version that stands greatly on its own even though Isabel Ascende does have elements of the original.

The movie shows a believable reason why the relationship between Maxandra and Mike would realistically progress toward a serious romantic relationship.
    The comedy in this movie is well done, and the drama is believable because the movie provides believable reasons.

The movie has very dirty dancing that fits in the movie.
    The movie stands out with Salma Hayek as Maxandra Mendoza because Maxandra wears modest tight dresses that show off her big curves.
    So even though Maxandra is dressing modestly she isn't dressing like a nun which would make her challenging to look at.
    Also, the movie provides a believable reason for why Maxandra and Mike sleep together instead of it just happening because of flimsy writing that's what the writer wrote.
    It's not a plot hole that characters contradict a stated detail because the movie provides a believable reason why it's not a plot hole, and the movie respects the audience enough to understand why it's not a plot hole instead of having a character outright state the reason.

I do enjoy this romance movie respects the audience because it's not outright stating things to the audience including why exactly Mike and Maxandra delay getting together.

Mike and Maxandra have chemistry, and I did enjoy this movie does reshow romantic scenes that gave strong evidence that Maxandra and Mike were going to get together before this movie ended so it's earned for them to get together.

Anything that should get explained does get explained including Maxandra being rich since her ex-husband is making vast cash with multiple businesses, and the movie provides a good reason why they got a divorce instead of something flimsy such as stating irreconcilable differences because that's an easy reason the writer can give without having to provide details which for me is flimsy writing.

2.Happy Gilmore
    10/10

A unique comedy golf movie about a man that joins the PGA tour to pay the money his grandma owes the IRS.
    The movie gives believable reasons why Happy loves hockey, and the movie shows why he can't be a successful hockey player despite having the determination to be a successful hockey player, having the ability to hit a puck, and having no issue with being aggressive which is needed given the very nature of Hockey is it's a physical violent contact sport.
    I do enjoy 1 main message showing "You can do anything you put your mind to." this is wrong because that's rose-colored glasses' ridiculous optimism since the movie outright shows Happy is a component golfer, and Virginia saying to Happy face it you are a golfer, and Happy's ex-girlfriend saying he's not any good as a Hockey player which the movie showed is exactly right in the tryout scene by showing conclusive flaws including he's not a competent skater which is 1 required skill for a Hockey player.
    The primary advantage Happy has as a Golfer is he can hit the golf ball a far distance like he's the Babe Ruth of Golfers, and he has an obvious weakness which Chubs Peterson his mentor helps him with so he'll have a realistic chance of defeating Shooter Mcgavin.

The romance in the movie with Happy and Virginia is believable with realistic progression, it's not shoehorned in the movie, Happy and Virginia have chemistry, and I'm very happy the movie doesn't use the inane cliche love at first sight, 2 characters that have nothing in common or no chemistry, or any other nonsensical romance movie cliche.

The comedy is well done because the movie succeeded in making me laugh.
    The movie does give multiple warranted explanations for why Happy Gilmore is not removed from the PGA Tour after he used actions that are not in the box of acceptable behavior for a Professional Golfer.

This movie doesn't have any filler scenes and moves fast because introduces the main flaw in this movie that Happy can realistically solve with a certain amount of cash, a ticking clock stated early in the movie, and all scenes in the movie advance the plot.
    This is the only golf movie that has a Golfer that fights an Alligator, and also a Golfer that isn't wearing the common inside-the-box Golfer clothes.

I did enjoy the movie briefly using the great song I Love Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas shortly before Happy Gilmore goes into a building during a Cocktail party.

Shooter Mcgavin is an unforgettable charismatic great antagonist that has an understandable goal which is he wants to win the prized Gold Jacket. Even though he's a jerk he's not wrong with his complaint about Happy being a disgrace to the game.
    He does become a Villain because he does cross the Moral Horizon line.

Happy succeeds in making Pro Golf very fun.

Happy fighting Bob Barker is an unforgettable scene including what Bob says to Happy, the entertaining sound effects when Bob punches Happy, etc.

The climax has high stakes and is very suspenseful.

A great comedy movie that succeeds at being funny, has romance, a likable protagonist, also likable other protagonists including the mentor Chubs Peterson, entertaining golf scenes, the unforgettable charismatic main antagonist with an awesome name, the protagonist and antagonist both have achievable goals with believable motivations, a ticking clock, good dialogue, unforgettable lines, and the ending satisfied me.

(2022) A Man Called Otto
    10/10
    Similar to Gran Torino because Tom Hanks plays Otto a character in his most likely senior years that is not Mr.Sunshine, the movie provides strong explanations of why exactly Otto is mostly another Doctor House-style character for the aspect he's blunt so that makes him very entertaining, and an understandable main reason why he's unhappy.
    Otto is shown to be a likable main character, and other protagonists are likable including Reuben, a main conflict that doesn't have an easy solution, a strong believable reason why Otto changes as a character in this movie, the movie has a dog and a cat so both dog lovers and cat lovers will be happy with that aspect even though 1 cat becomes to Otto what the small dog Max is to the Grinch, a satisfying conclusion to this movie, and this is an adaption of the 2012 Novel A Man Called Ove.
    The drama is well done, and the comedy is timed right while not being overdone so the serious dramatic tone is not undermined.
    Otto has short Miltary length hair which is why it's not unbelievable that he wouldn't have bed hair after sleeping.
    I say that because multiple movies have shown the ridiculous factual flaw which is characters with medium-length hair or long-length hair that wake up with no bed hair after sleeping using a pillow.

10/10
    A great sequel that isn't the frustrating uncreative sequel meaning mostly the same movie except for a different location or the same location which is Escape From LA, Die Hard 2, The Crow City of Angels, Home Alone 2, Another 48 Hours, etc.

I enjoy that this movie has a scientist explain his answer for how he arrived at a conclusion about a fictional aquatic animal instead of just expecting the audience to understand his conclusion without him explaining his answer . Similar to the T-800 explaining to John the exact limitations for what the T-1000 can do and can't do in Terminator 2 it's an example of a character explaining an answer that isn't spoon feeding the audience.
    The movie has entertaining action scenes, unique shown to be likable protagonists, an entertaining charismatic main antagonist, strong understandable reasons from the movie why the action scenes are happening, drama, original soundtrack with songs that fit scenes, understandable changes without any plot holes, a likable antagonist that does something that is mostly forseeable except still entertaining, unique protagonists, entertaining flying action scenes, high stakes climax, and an ending that made me very happy.
    Also most fitting that I would be using a masterpiece James Cameron sequel movie as example while talking about an aspect of Avatar 2 aka Avatar The Way of Water.

Turner and Hooch
    8/10
    While this movie is similar to K-9 which was released the same year, it still stands on its own including Scott Turner is mostly another Danny Tanner because he has a desire for cleanness, Hooch is not a police dog, etc.
    Hooch and Turner are the entertaining Odd Couple, I enjoyed this movie showed what Scott does when he's not working as an Inspector in the opening scene of this movie, the movie has well-done comedy scenes including 1 that has a mobile vacuum device which I recall my family had in the 90's aka the VHS era also the WWF and WCW era, etc.

The romance between Emily and Scott is not shoehorned in this movie, the movie shows a natural progression of Turner and Hooch becoming friends, an obvious flaw is the same 1 that Rush Hour has when revealing a twist about the main antagonist, good action scenes, drama, great executed comedy scenes, high stakes climax with drama and action, variety of locations, good dialogue, standout lines even though none have reached the iconic area as "You can't handle the Truth." "I'll be back." "May the Force be with you.", etc.
    The ending satisfied me, and an action comedy movie does consistently use realistic mortality.
    This movie doesn't have any scenes that are filler meaning add's nothing to the movie, are not progressing the plot, and are just mainly being used to increase the running time.
    As usual Reginald VelJohnson best known as the caring father and Chicago Cop Carl Winslow from the set in Chicago Family Sitcom Family Matters plays an inside-the-box character Detective David Sutton that is shown to be a competent protagonist.
    David, Scott, and Hooch are all distinguishable likable protagonists that all get opportunities to shine in this action comedy movie that is 99 minutes.

While Scott doesn't hate where he lives, he does have an understandable strong reason why he wants to move to San Diego, California.

Catch Me If You Can
    10/10
    An entertaining Cat and Mouse Drama movie that does give important information to understand why Frank Abignale chooses to become a highly successful Con Man including forging vast checks, however, the movie doesn't attempt to persuade the audience that this infamous criminal protagonist is on the right road or is justified obtaining vast cash with check forgery, and by impersonating multiple high paying occupations.
    In other words, I don't have a reason to be frustrated that this is a terribly written movie where it's attempting to persuade me that the Bad Guy is justified for his actions such as the remake Halloween where almost all characters are unlikable bastards that are bastards to Michael Myers so Michael Myers killing those despicable insufferable characters makes me not unhappy, and any other movie where it's attempting to fool the audience that the villain is justified for their destructive actions.

The movie is based on the infamous successful Criminal Frank Abignale.

The movie has Flash (Barry Allen) comic books that do get talked about which aren't shoehorned in or completely unrelated to the plot.
    Frank is an entertaining charismatic protagonist, the main antagonist Carl Hanratty is shown to be a likable main antagonist that has an understandable motivation for why he wants to catch the infamous conman Frank Abignale which isn't the uncreative flimsy reason because it's what the writer wrote.
    The movie has drama, high stakes of a protagonist that has an achievable goal with a realistic motivation and a main antagonist that has an achievable main goal with a realistic motivation, a chance of a relationship that is believable, a strong explanation that removes a plot hole, original soundtrack songs that fit the scenes, well-timed comedy, other colorful characters, romance that is not shoehorned in, memorable scenes and great lines, good dialogue including realistic lines, and the ending that satisfied me which is not a feel great ending created by this Hollywood Spielberg movie because of the information I read about the non Violent Infamous Criminal Frank Abignale.
    The movie gives an entertaining Postscript, and a variety of locations are shown in this big-budget movie including New York City, France, etc.

I'm very happy this movie finishes a conversation since Carl asks Frank how did he pass the Louisiana State Bar Exam to become a Lawyer in the State of Louisiana, and Frank gives an answer that satisfied Carl and me.
    A terrible movie cliche is some question asked without a satisfying answer given by a character because of terrible writing, or a character failing to elaborate on an answer.
    In the entertaining Creatures Feature Horror Action movie (2004) Anacondas The Hunt For the Blood Orchid it is Gail Stern that refused to elaborate why exactly she can't support the strong scientific research for why in this movie universe the Blood Orchid flower contains the fountain of youth for humans with a strong explanation for how exactly the blood orchid would extend life for human beings.
    It's like never in more than 11 years of being in school has she ever answered a critical thinking question that requires an explanation instead of just being a simple yes or no answer, or she never got educated that sometimes you'll need to give an answer that explains why, how, or whatever explanation that would fit.
    Otherwise, an answer without the substance being disregarded is fair game.

This movie is set in a stated era where Flash (Barry Allen) comic books are shown and talked about, one James Bond movie that fit the era, the Mickey Mantle era Yankees, etc.
    This is a great quality successful Spielberg Drama movie that showed Leonardo Dicaprio is a talented charismatic great actor likely people thought he was just Eye candy without great acting talent after he was in the highly financially successful blockbuster Drama Romance Movie Titanic.

What Women Want
    10/10

A highly entertaining romance comedy movie that has a very unique premise which is 1 protagonist a man Nick Marshal gets the power to hear what women are thinking in their heads which he can't turn off.
    The movie shows a reason, and movie shows a reason why he loses this power. The movie respects the audience because it never states a detailed explanation if it's Fate that is responsible for giving him this power, The Almighty or Creator of the Universe aka God, Eros the God of love of Greek Mythology, etc.

The movie is set in Chicago and is filmed in Chicago.
    I'm very happy this movie is realistic because Nick Marshall a Chicago advertising executive a high-paying job which is why him living in a Chicago Condo which is very believable. Also very realistic is Lola lives in an apartment that is in the area of a Chicago subway so the drawback of that movement does happen like an Earthquake, and very realistic that she would live in that apartment because she works at a coffee shop.

Lola hasn't succeeded in becoming an actor so it's very believable she would have an ordinary job working at a coffee shop before she becomes an actor.

The movie provides a believable reason why Nick changes as a character, and why Nick Marshall would use the right action in the climax which has an obvious drawback for him which does get outright stated by Darcy Macguire.

The movie provides a strong realistic reason why Darcy Macguire got divorced which I enjoy instead of something flimsy such as she wasn't compatible with the man she married.
    She is reliable in saying what she honestly thinks so people can trust her to be honest.

I greatly enjoy that this movie has Erin shown on a payphone talking to Nick because since most people have cellphones the era of payphones in a high amount of locations ended.

The movie has a Metroplis US City Chicago that does get shown off for multiple locations, Nick changing as a character for believable reasons, distinguishable likable characters, well-done comedy, romance with Nick and Darcy that is not shoehorned in, memorable lines, good dialogue, characters that consistently act realistic including Nick very surprised he has the power to hear what women are thinking, an entertaining realistic portrayal of an advertising company that does advertising for other companies and corporations, realistic outcomes for issues, shows real life is messy including a usable solution that is the right action can have a drawback for the person using the right action, a likable character that Erin the file girl which feels very invisible, a happy ending that is earned with the 2 protagonists getting together.
    The movie has multiple romance scenes between Nick and Darcy, the movie provides realistic obstacles, and I'm very happy this romance movie doesn't use the nonsensical cliche love at first sight, 2 characters that have no chemistry get together, a woman that looks amazing after she stops wearing glasses and with some change involving her hair, etc.

The movie provides a believable reason why Nick reconciles with his daughter, and why he wants to be an involved father with his daughter Alex. Also why he wants to offer a great job to Erin isn't unbelievable, and the movie provides a convincing reason why Erin thought of committing suicide.
    Also, Nick lies to Lola for an understandable reason because telling her the truth would have an obvious drawback for Lola. That's why Nick can't be criticized as wrong for this action.

Pretty women do work at Coffee shops in the real world so Lola played by Marisa Tomei is art-imitating life.

The movie does show a pitch to Nike for a great woman running on a road commercial that would be targeted at women.

Lassie (1994)
    10/10

A great family adventure movie about the famous valiant fictional collie, and the movie deals with realistic issues.
    The movie never states how exactly the mother died however most likely it was from some real-world disease with no available cure.
    The1 nitpick as an adult that I noticed is I find it very unbelievable that Sam didn't block the open area where Lassie was able to escape. Lassie is put in a barn, and the movie does show unmistakable factual evidence that Lassie has only 1 way of escaping a barn after Sam locks the door.
    While this escape did involve the challenge of a successful jump that doesn't change it's an unbelievable oversight since the movie fails to provide a reason why Sam didn't block the open area with wood, wire, or something strong because most likely he understands that a collie has the ability to run and successfully escape by jumping through the open area.

The movie has a great original soundtrack with music that fits the scenes including a dramatic escape scene that can't be easily achieved by Lassie.
    The movie does show off Franklin Falls in Virginia which I enjoyed. I was highly impressed that this movie most likely used a real wolf and other real animals including sheep.
    The movie consistently remains grounded in a realistic world including showing realistic time travel for a family that is driving to Franklin Falls, Virginia takes more than 3 hours because the starting location of the long drive is Baltimore, protagonists that are learning to live a satisfying life after the mother died, etc.
    This movie consistently provides explanations for anything that should be explained including why exactly the Turner family moves to Virginia since it's unmistakable they weren't having any issues living in Baltimore, why Matt changes his mind about wanting to stay in Virginia after the father got a desirable job offer in Baltimore since the movie made it obvious with a strong reason why Matt was unhappy with the family moving to Virginia, any of the drama happening in the movie has understandable reasons, etc.

The movie consistently showed Lassie as a likable character including a valiant hero in multiple entertaining action scenes, Matt is a protagonist that does change for a believable reason, and he is shown to be a likable protagonist.
    This movie succeeds at showing the other protagonists are also likable including 2 caring parents Laura and Steve, the sister Jennifer, the grandfather Len Collins, and the love interest April Porter played by Michelle Williams.
    The movie shows a realistic progression of Matt and Lassie's relationship including why Matt would stop disliking Lassie and decides to start liking Lassie.

Also, all the actors are the right age because it's visibly believable that Matt, April, and 2 antagonists Josh and Jim are all the same age in the movie. Also, all adult characters are played by adults. Jennifer being younger than Matt is believable because she is played by an actor that is younger than Tom Guiry that plays the older brother Matt Turner.

This movie gets the portrayal of a gun completely right because Josh has an achievable chance of killing Lassie with a rifle, and it's very realistic that Matt's parents hear a gunshot from the rifle since they aren't an extremely far distance away from where the outside area where the climax happens.

The 3 antagonists Sam Garland and his 2 sons Jim and Josh are all entertaining memorable antagonists that all have a believable motivation for their main goal. Josh and Matt compete for April without it being outright said because the movie respects the audience enough to understand that.

Also, it's understandable why this movie has drama between Matt and Josh because of a believable reason. The movie respects the audience because Josh never states the exact reason why he hates Matt.

This movie does show realistic issues, however, it still has a glass-is-half-full tone which is why I won't be depressed when I watch this family adventure movie.
    The movie has a great ending that satisfied me, and it was completely earned.

I did enjoy the clothes that fit the era this movie is set in which is the 90s including Matt wearing multiple colors of the timeless Chuck Taylor shoes, a music Video on the channel MTV when MTV Provided mostly entertainment for Music, and he uses a tape player.
    Also, I do enjoy the clothes Matt is wearing which are plaid vests that I wish would get brought back, common bandanas, and timeless multiple-colored Chuck Taylor shoes.

Young Guns
    10/10
    A very entertaining great Western Action movie about Billy the Kid and the regulators that have to defeat the ruthless foe Murphy and his brigade.
    This Western Action movie remains realistic because Billy and the other characters are shown reloading the guns they are using, scenes show characters experiencing physical pain after being shot in non-fatal areas so this movie is consistent with realistic mortality.
    This movie has likable distinguishable protagonists, a great main antagonist, other entertaining antagonists, romance that is not shoehorned in, a great original movie soundtrack, highly entertaining action scenes, terrific clothes that fit the 1870's Wild West era,high stakes, a conflict with no easy solution, drama, great climax, and a solid open ending.

Also, the movie remains very realistic because the protagonists need to think of a great strategy to win in the high-stakes climax since the number of antagonists is higher than the 6 regulators.
    I do greatly enjoy that this movie just showed Chavez as a great knife thrower instead of telling the audience becuase the rule is show don't tell, also I do enjoy Chavez throwing knives was not under shown.
    The 6 regulators are all shown to be competent protagonists, the antagonists are not foes that are quickly defeated so I'm not bored watching the action scenes, etc.
    The movie has an open ending that satisfied me, the high stakes climax has drama and a high amount of action, and also a resolution that greatly satisfied me. Like Death Wish, (2004) The Punisher, The Crow, (1987) Robocop the movie does a great job showing why the 6 regulators want violent revenge which they can achieve by killing Murphy.

Billy, the kid uses a unforgettable 1 liner which is said in the climax.
    The movie has a terrific chase scene with Horses being used, the music fits the scenes, good dialogue, memorable lines, characters consistently acting realistic, and locations that are convincing for a Wild West movie that takes place in the 1870's.

Murphy is a charismatic entertaining main antagonist that has an understandable objective.

Chavez, Doc, and the other regulators are all distinguishable protagonists. Also, they all are shown to be likable protagonists.
    I greatly enjoyed the original movie soundtrack meaning songs made for the movie instead of mostly reusing existing songs, also I greatly enjoy the opening of this movie showed an unforgettable first action scene with the Regulators after the very unique credits that mostly look inspired by tv show intros.

Adventures in Babysitting
    9/10
    I greatly enjoy that this movie uses the romance song Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals in the intro has an excellent payoff because it gets reused with a perfect ending.
    Anything in this movie should get explained is explained so it avoids the terrible writing cliche that is expecting the audience to understand a character's answer or conclusion without any important details.
    The movie provides a strong explanation for why the Chicago Syndicate wants a certain Playboy instead of going to some location to buy that same Playboy magazine.

This movie has 1 climbing scene outside a Skyscraper that makes most people think that it's inspired by Spider-Man, the movie does a great job showing for a movie set in Chicago it was unmistakenly filmed there becuase of recognizable buildings, also the movie lives up to its literal title because multiple adventures shown in this family movie that has a babysitter Chris (Elisabeth Shue) as 1 protagonist.
    This movie shows off the Marvel Super Hero Thor because Sara's favorite superhero unmistakable is Thor because she wears the Thor helmet, has a toy Mythical hammer, and has (Marvel) Thor items in her room. Also, she is shown reading a Thor comic book.
    Also, 1 character greatly resembles Thor including the tall height, brawny body, long blonde hair, and he is shown holding a sledgehammer.

Mike Todwell is an entertaining bastard character that the audience will hate which is successful because of great writing. He has a great Red Camaro with the license plate So Cool which is a standout detail.
    I enjoy this movie does have a character wearing a Cubs hat since I am a Cubs fan, also a red Ferrari is shown in multiple scenes since I love Ferraris, and red is my favorite color.
    This movie is similar to Robocop because Chicago is shown as a dangerous city however it succeeds without hardcore violence because this is a Family Comedy PG-13 movie.
    The comedy is well done without anything that I would view as offensive or painful to watch because unfunny.

This movie succeeds at using a variety of locations along with issues that can't just be easily solved, 1 main conflict that can't easily be solved, antagonists that have an understandable reason why they are chasing the protagonists, romance is not shoehorned in, distinguishable protagonists that all get a chance to shine in the adventure scenes so none of them are a frustrating useless protagonist.
    Joe is proven to be a likable character, and he has a unique look.

The movie doesn't use any filler scenes, is entertaining movie start to end, good dialogue. Also, the Metropolis city Chicago gets shown off with multiple locations, memorable lines, a main issue that doesn't have an easy solution, entertaining antagonists, great acting, likable distinguishable protagonists, well-done singing scenes, entertaining dramatic scenes using heights, multiple adventurous scenes with stakes, romance that naturally fits in the movie, a satisfying resolution for a subplot, unforgettable satisfying ending, and a movie that finds the perfect scenes to use the romance song Then He Kissed Me by The Crystals.
    All the protagonists are played by actors including Chris an 18-year-old played by Elisabeth Shue are believable visibly for the inferable ages of the protagonists.

Horse Sense
    10/10

A great drama movie about Michael an entertaining irresponsible unlikable protagonist that learns the value of responsibility, and also about loyalty and love when he works for free for a month at his Cousin Tommy's Ranch in Montana which the movie provides a solid reason for.
    The movie provides a solid understandable reason why Michael changes, and his becoming a likable protagonist is believable.
    Matthew Lawerence makes a cameo appearance as a Cowboy in the Airport scene, and I noticed Brink a Disney Channel original skater drama movie is shown on the big screen tv when Michael is showing Tommy the tv and the high amount of movies.

The conflict is a financial debt flaw that can't easily be resolved, the movie provides a realistic understandable reason for why exactly the financial debt flaw started also got worse. I do enjoy this Disney Channel tv movie providing a strong believable reason for the realistic believable solution so that the satisfying resolution is because of solid great writing instead of terrible writing.

Joey Lawerence is the right age that I could believe Michael is a 20-year-old man going to College which might be the unstated University Los Angeles, and most likely Tommy played by Andrew Lawerence is under 16 because no information that Tommy has his driver's license.
    Tommy is meant to be the exact opposite of Michael, and he is a likable protagonist that enjoys the Rancher life, riding a horse, living in Montana.
    The movie has a natural progression for Michael changing, and why exactly Michael is able to think of a realistic solution that he uses is believable.
    This movie was made in the era of Flip Cellphones which was entertaining, the movie gives solid evidence that Michael is a changed protagonist that cares about being a better person that can make a desired change in the world.
    Mule is an entertaining Native American protagonist that stands out as unique since a Rancher character is not a dime a dozen for a Native American character.

12. Guilty at 17
    8/10

An entertaining good drama movie with twists.
    The movie does give a conclusive answer if the High School Teacher Gilbert Adkins is guilty or innocent of molesting the high school student Devon Cavanor which is what Devon Cavanor accused him of.
    I enjoy this movie doesn't make it entirely apparent before the reveal if Gilbert Adkins is innocent or guilty of what Devon accused him of. The movie does give hints about the answer before the reveal.
    The movie shows takes place in 2014 because Gilbert is talking to June using a video call shown on a laptop, also the cellphones had the same advantages as cellphones in 2014.

The actors playing High School characters including Devon, Traci, etc are all the right age because it's visibly believable that they are High School students instead of being like Scream, and other movies where adults that look more believable as college students are playing High School Students.

The climax has suspense and stakes.
    The movie has multiple scenes that are well done for suspense. The antagonists are well-written flawed antagonists that have believable motivations for their wrong actions, and the protagonists are shown to be flawed well written likable characters that have achievable objectives with believable motivations.

The ending satisfied me, the twists are well done, good dialogue good acting, a variety of locations, any details that should be filled in do get filled in, stakes for the antagonists and protagonists, and the movie has great messages including telling the truth even if it's hard to do because it's the right action, and won't remove the irreparable damage of what has happened. Also, the movie doesn't have a plot hole when a protagonist delays using a usable solution.

Traci Scott is shown to be a likable flawed character which I enjoyed, and she is shown to be a strong female character that has agency.

June in this movie is mostly supposed to be a Sam Gerard-style character except she is convinced that Gilbert Adkins is innocent of molesting Devon Cavanor so her objective is to find evidence to prove Devon lied about Gilbert Adkins molesting her.

Showdown In Little Tokyo
    10/10

A great buddy action movie that has 2 badass protagonists that are the Los Angeles cop Chris Kenner played by Dolph Lundgren an American that was raised in Japan, and his new partner Johnny Murata played by Brandon Lee.
    Dolph Lungren is a Martial Arts Expert in real life so he could easily defeat foes with how Chris does in this movie, and he does have impressive upper body strength which is why I say he really could lift a car to change the position so that it's on 1 side.

Chris did an unforgettable perfect time punch and kick move at the same time with 2 Yakuza mobsters moving in the exact right area which will always be remembered as an unforgettable high bar achievement much like Raphel doing a spin kick that hits multiple foot soldiers in the movie (1990) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and multiple impressive achievements by John Wick in the 3 John Wick movies I've seen.

The movie shows Johnny and Chris are both expert Martial Artists since they do smash foes that are Yakuza Mobsters.
    The movie does a great job at the show don't tell why exactly Chris wants to kill Yoshida becuase a valuable flashback scene shows the reason.

I did enjoy this movie gave a believable reason why the Yakuza Mobsters don't kill Chris and Johnny when they had the chance in 1 scene instead of the terrible writing cliche that is the writer failing to provide a reason why the antagonist or antagonists don't kill the protagonists.
    The movie remains grounded in a grounded realistic world because Johnny and Chris being outnumbered by Yakuza Mobsters is a flaw they can't overcome for more than 1 action scene, the characters are using guns that run out of ammo, and why Yoshida the leader of the Iron Claw Clan kills a subordinate has understandable reason much like why Darth Vader killed a subordinate, and the portrayal of the Yakuza is accurate including a subordinate will cut off a finger because that's the price if a subordinate fails to achieve a task for a Yakuza leader.

The movie does a great job of showing Yoshida is a charismatic badass Los Angeles Yakuza Leader including he has no issues getting his hands dirty, is also a Martial Arts expert, and is a main antagonist that I wanted to see get killed by Chris since he is consistently shown to be a believable evil character including he has no remorse for the evil actions that he uses.
    Yoshida has an understandable motivation for his main goal.
    The movie has a variety of locations for action scenes, and the one-liners are entertaining. The pacing is fast since the movie shows an action scene very early and just moves fast since the protagonists are focused on achieving their achievable goal.

The climax is unforgettable with a high amount of action and does have Chris fighting Yoshida with both of them using samurai swords which is not unbelievable because they are in a location where Samurai Swords are in the area.
    The movie provides a realistic understandable reason why Chris wants to achieve his violent revenge goal by killing Yoshida. Also, realistic mortality because the protagonists have obvious drawbacks from wounds.
    I did enjoy that Yoshida fighting Chris is an entertaining final battle that has suspense much like Darth Vader fighting Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Return of the Jedi.

Minako played by Tia Carrere isn't just in this movie as eye candy because Minako is shown to be a good singer, also she could provide valuable testimony that Yoshida is responsible for murdering Angel.

Chris Kenner has unforgettable incredible feats for the action scenes, and since he does have great upper body strength which is why it's not unbelievable that he was able to lift a car to change the position of a car so that it's one 1 side.

(2023) 65
    10/10

A terrific Science Fiction Action Movie set on Prehistoric Earth when the dinosaurs existed.
    Mills is shown to be a likable protagonist that has struggles which is good because it's boring watching a movie where a protagonist can do mostly anything to succeed, and doesn't have any flaws that he or she struggles with.
    Koa is also shown to be a likable protagonist so the movie succeeds in having suspense since I didn't want the 2 protagonists to die in a world where they could realistically get killed by the dinosaurs or a stated ticking clock.

The movie shows a strong plausible scientific reason why is Mills stranded on Prehistoric Earth.
    Koa is the other protagonist, and she is shown to be a kid that does make mistakes which is realistic.

The prehistoric Earth looks amazing, outer space looks amazing, also the dinosaurs look very realistic and terrific, and prehistoric Earth looks excellent including the trees, water, etc.
    The Space Ship was very unique looking, also unique looking are outer space suits which are made for easy mobility much like Nascar Racing 1 piece suits.
    I did enjoy that the guns looked very futuristic much like guns in the Judge Dredd universe, and information for the number of bullets is visible. I'm very happy this movie didn't use the awful writing cliche which is characters are using guns that have a vast amount of ammo.
    Also, the navigation device is futuristic looking like it was made by the Star Trek Enterprise.
    While this movie did have an open ending it didn't have any sequel bait so I won't be unhappy if the movie doesn't get a sequel.
    This movie had a big budget, and nothing looked cheap or awful.

Koa is shown to be a competent protagonist that has agency which I enjoy because I had no desire to watch an awful-written movie that has 1 competent protagonist.

The climax has high stakes, a high amount of entertaining action, an objective that can't be easily achieved, and a ticking clock that is moving close to ending.

An entertaining great science fiction action movie that has 2 likable flawed protagonists that have an achievable challenging objective, a consistently serious tone, an impressive looking space ship that is shown moving, a plausible ticking clock that gets introduced before the climax, good action scenes, suspense, a variety of excellent-looking dinosaurs, amazing-looking prehistoric earth, high-stakes climax, the entertaining outcome of the ticking clock expired or running out, and a memorable ending.

(1990) Total Recall
    10/10

A great science fiction action movie that succeeds at having ambiguity because it's never stated if the ending is reality or a dream, and it's never stated are the adventures that Douglas has a dream or reality.
    Good action scenes, good dialogue, well-done twists, ambiguity, an unforgettable colonized Mars set in the year 2084, likable protagonists, an original soundtrack with songs that fit the scenes, a consistent serious tone, entertaining 1 liners, hardcore violence, unique antagonists including a great main antagonist that does use a monologue to a protagonist, high stakes, protagonists that have an understandable objective, awesome futuristic technology, and a well done ambiguous ending.

The movie respects the audience because why Douglas is having reoccurring dreams is never conclusively stated, the movie gives enough valuable information for the audience to make conclusions in this intentional ambiguity science fiction action movie, and the unforgettable ambiguous ending is open to the audience to decide is it reality or is it a dream.
    The multiple twists in this movie are well done.

Mars for the outside area with the red atmosphere looks awesome.
    I do greatly enjoy this movie provides believable reasons why in multiple scenes why a villain doesn't use an obvious solution because of seeing the obvious drawback instead of annoying me with that's what happened because of terrible writing.

A standout detail for a subway train is TVs playing advertisements because I've never ridden on a subway train that has TVs.

Cohaagen is an unforgettable charismatic main villain that has a believable motivation for why he doesn't want the rebels to win which he explains to Richter, Richter is an entertaining right-hand man that does most of the dirty work along with the brigade that does dirty work for Cohaagen.
    Douglas is a likable protagonist that has to discover his hidden past, and he has a challenging achievable objective.
    Melina is the love interest, and she is shown to be a competent protagonist that has agency instead of a terribly written main character that doesn't do anything useful.
    Lori is an entertaining villain working as a secret agent, and she doesn't have an issue with getting her hands dirty.

Lori fighting Melina is a well-done realistic fight scene.

The hologram watch is unforgettable because the hologram does get used in multiple entertaining action scenes.
    The special effects look amazing including the mutants, the hologram, an advanced mask of a woman's face worn by Douglas, etc.
    The movie does show off a colonized Mars set in 2084 that has a variety of locations including multiple bars.
    Even though this movie has Arnold as Douglas Quaid using memorable 1 liners except it's not the inside-the-box Arnold action movie because it's a futuristic science fiction action movie set on a colonized Mars with intentional ambiguity, futuristic technology, unique antagonists, a company known as Rekall that can implant realistic false memories, a well done ambiguous ending, etc.

The movie has hardcore violence much like Robocop which also is a science fiction movie directed by Paul Verhoeven.
    It's very believable that the reactor was built by Aliens because visibly shown is an implication that the aliens in this movie have a thumb and three fingers, and because of the dialogue about whom exactly built the reactor stated by Melina.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Default April in a rearview screen

23. Kidnapped (2010) - ★★★
    24. Montage (2013) - ★★★★
    25. Time Trap (2017) - ★★★
    26. Heavens Above (2021) - ★★★★
    27. Blood (2022) - ★★★
    28. Fierce Cop (2022) - ★★★★
    29. Zanox (2022) - ★★★★
    30. Champions (2023) - ★★★★
    31. From Black (2023) - ★★★
    32. Ghosted (2023) - ★★★★
    33. Shazam! Fury Of The Gods (2023) - ★★★
    34. The Tutor (2023) - ★★★
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

APRIL'S movies!

1. Mawson: Life and Death in Antarctica (2007) Kanopy
    2. Antarctica A Year on the Ice (2013) Kanopy
    3. The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008) DVD
    4. With Byrd at the South Pole (1930) Kanopy
    5. John Wick 1 (2014) Peacock
    6. John Wick 2 (2017) Peacock
    7. John Wick 3 (2019) Peacock
    8. John Wick 4 (2023) Theater
    9. Living (2022)
    10. Sharper (2023)
    11. Shazam Fury of the Gods (2023)
    12. Renfield (2023) Theater
    13. Red Notice (2021) Netflix
    14. At the Gate of the Ghost (2011) Amazon
    15. MI-5 (2015) DVD
    16. Money Monster (2016) DVD
    17. Exposed (2016) DVD
    18. Old Way (202)
    19. Black Panther (2018) Disney+
    20. Black Panther Wakanda Forever 2 (2022) Disney+
    21. Triple Frontier (2019) Netflix
    22. Ant-Man and Wasp Quantumania (2023) Disney +
    23. Ghosted (2023)
    24. Wolf (2019) Kanopy
    25. Archipelgo (2010) Kanopy
    26. Gintama (2017) Hoopla
    27. Necromancer (2021) Kanopy
    28. Bluebeard (2009) Kanopy
    29. Sleeping Beauty (2010) Kanopy
    30. My Comic Book Country (2019) Kanopy
    31. Wonders of the Sea (2017) Kanopy
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Continuing with the next 10 movies

51. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1965) presented on Svengoolie
    52. The Thing from Another World (1951) presented on TCM
    53. Quigley Down Under (1991)
    54. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (2023) At the theater. I found this to be a bit too long. It was short on plot but long on loud, repetious battles. The best part of the movie was the reveal of Rocket Racoon's backstory.
    55. High Anxiety (1977) Mel Brooks homage to the Master of Suspense Alfred Hitchcock. Clever comedy and it's fun to figure out whick Hitchcock film Brooks is spoofing.
    56. Deep Blue Sea (1999) - Not just one but 3 killer sharks, with enhanced intelligence, menace a crew of scientists.
    57. Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959) - Many call this film the worst movie ever made. The director was Ed Wood, who made a career of making bombs. He included some random seems of an obviously ailing Bela Lugosi.
    58. The Killer Shrews (1999) - To tell the truth I only heard of shrews as a name for an unspleasant female. In a film produced by and co-starring Ken Curtis (TV's Gunsmoke series) scientists experiments causes the mutation of the small mouse-sized shrew to mutate and grow into man-eating creatures.
    59. Chamber of Horrors (1966) - I remember this one from years ago. It was a kind of remake of the Vincent Price movie House of Wax and even uses the same theater facade set from that film. His ego bruised by an unfathiful fiance, a deranged kills her. He s sentenced to death at his trial. He escapes prison by cutting off his own hand and is presumed dead. He acquires some detachable weapons and kills the various people who were part of his arrest and capture.
    60. Signs - A sci-fi/horror film about a family on a farm in rural Pennsylvania who are menaced by mysterious entities.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-02-2023 at 02:38 PM.

I'm a little bit behind where I hoped to be, but I just watched film no. 50, with the MST3K presentation of The Deadly Mantis.

My movies so far:

1) Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (2022)
    2) The Slime People (1963)
    3) Ready or Not (2019)
    4) Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge (1989)
    5) New Town Killers (2008)
    6) Rocky Mountain (1950)
    7) Operation Fortune: Ruse de guerre (2023)
    8) Ghost Ship (2002)
    9) The Thirsty Dead (1974)
    10) The Amazing Maurice (2022)
    11) I Know what You Did Last Summer (1997)
    12) Vacuuming Completely Nude in Paradise (2001)
    13) The Mercenary (1968)
    14) Fire Front (2022)
    15) The Ripper (1985)
    16) Ride or Die (2005)
    17) Watchmen (2009)
    18) The Hills Run Red (1965)
    19) The Case of the Whitechapel Vampire (2002)
    20) The Perfect Score (2004)
    21) Booksmart (2019)
    22) Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)
    23) Cowboy Zombies (2013)
    24) The Blue Lamp (1950)
    25) Cocaine Bear (2023)
    26) The Proposition (2005)
    27) The Gambler from Natchez (1954)
    28) The Hound of London (1993)
    29) Moana (2016)
    30) G.I. Joe: Resolute (2009)
    31) The Crime Doctor's Warning (1945)
    32) The Firechasers (1971)
    33) A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966)
    34) Rocket Attack U.S.A. (1960)
    35) I Spit On Your Grave (1978)
    36) Village of the Giants (1965)
    37) The Clovehitch Killer (2018)
    38) The Son of Monte Cristo (1940)
    39) Mysterious Island (1961)
    40) Adventure in Sahara (1938)
    41) Power of the Press (1943)
    42) Lone Wolf McQuade (1983)
    43) Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp (2010)
    44) Jane Got a Gun (2015)
    45) The Curse of Sleeping Beauty (2016)
    46) The Flesh and the Fiends (1960)
    47) The Man Who Came Back (2008)
    48) Crime Doctor's Man Hunt (1946)
    49) Black Rat (2010)
    50) The Deadly Mantis (1957)

Made my 150 this month!

1. Age of Uprising:The Legend of Michael Kohlhaas (2014) Kanopy
    2. Bestsellers (2021) Kanopy
    3. Reflecting Skin (1990) Kanopy
    4. Raining in the Mountain (1979) Kanopy
    5. Bel Canto (2018) Kanopy
    6. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) Disney+
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy v2 (2017) Disney+
    8. Guardians of the Galaxy v3 (2023) Theater
    9. Chevalier (2023) Theater
    10. Dungeons and Dragons (2023) Theater
    11. The Stolen (2017) Netflix
    12. The Adam Project (2022) Netflix
    13. Fisherman's Friends (2019) Amazon
    14. Fisherman's Friends: One and All (2022) Kanopy
    15. Guy Ritchie's The Covenant (2023)
    16. Yin Yang Master (2020)
    17. Yin Yang Master: Dream of Eternity (2020)
    18. One and Only Ivan (2020) Disney +
    19. Artemis Fowl (2020) Disney +
    20. The Real Right Stuff (2020) Disney +
    21. The Mother (2023) Netflix
    22. Tomorrow War (2021) Netflix
    23. The Electrical Life of Louis Wain (2021) Amazon
    24. Sisu (2023)
    25. Wandering Earth (2019) Netflix
    26. Wandering Earth 2 (2023)
    27. Bad Samaritan (2018) Hoopla
    28. The Laureate (2021) Hoopla
    29. SuperBob (2015) Hoopla
    30. Paper Man (2010) Hoopla
    31. Along With the Gods: Two Worlds (2017) Kanopy
    32. Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days (2018) Kanopy
    33. Edge of the World (2021) Kanopy
    34. Consuming Passion (2008) Kanopy
    35. Trumbo (2015) Kanopy
    36. Sukiyaki Western Django (2007) Kanopy
    37. Art of the Game Ukiyo-e Heroes (2018) Kanopy
    38. All the Wild Horses (2017) Kanopy
    39. Robert the Bruce (2019) Kanopy
    40. Therapy for a Vampire (2015) Kanopy >>>>>>>>>> MAY
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-24-2023 at 02:17 PM.