Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm sure we'll get a Vol 3. They can't just leave it at that. The rest of the series must be collected. In the meantime I'll likely read up on some of the old Avengers Omnis. If that's true about Val's gold bling then that sucks. She just got it and it's being retired already?
    Which is but one of the major points I bought to Marvel why it was so important to bring those 2 issues into this Omni, it would have given 2 more issues of Val's Golden costume.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Which is but one of the major points I bought to Marvel why it was so important to bring those 2 issues into this Omni, it would have given 2 more issues of Val's Golden costume.
    Sounds like the gold costume is one of the shortest lived new costumes in herodom

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Sounds like the gold costume is one of the shortest lived new costumes in herodom
    Yeah. Wonder Man had a short-lived second costume for about the same 4-5 issues.

If you notice on the splash page when Val first dons the costume, her sword is not all golden. If it was, it would have looked much-like her costume. I think that may have been one reason they did away with it. The second reason is that while a new costume, it still kept some elements of her old one, like the armbands, belt and cape. Perhaps, too, they were testing if fans really wanted to see Val in a new/different look.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

There was a Guardian of the Galaxy issue that I didn't read because it didn't involve the Defenders and I'm gonna save it for when I start reading Guardians (whenever that is) and the final little issues showed the backstories of the Headmen.
    Isn't starhawk a defender at one point?

Yeah. Wonder Man had a short-lived second costume for about the same 4-5 issues.
    Scott lang ant-man got a new updated armor suit from kristoff in 90s fantastic four with tons of new gadgets. He dumps it after a few issues!

Sandman got an updated costume in avengers vol 3 1-4. He was back to the old stripped shirt soon after.

Also, funny thing about howard the duck. Marvel forgot he joined the defenders in some handbooks. They remembered later adding him to the membership list in later versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Isn't starhawk a defender at one point?
    Yes. I believe Starhawk debuted in Defenders #27.

Invincible Member

Art by Michael Golden

Invincible Member

To tell the truth, I wasn't a big fans of Nighthawk's ray guns on the wings...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Art by Michael Golden

^^^Man that looks GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Man that looks GREAT.
    Seconded! If only it was in color....

Seconded! If only it was in color....
    ^^^for you, bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^for you, bud!
    Ah, thank you my friend! I love it!

That is spectacular drawing and the color really adds to it! They even got Val's sword Dragonfang correct as ALL Golden!

Ah, thank you my friend! I love it!

That is spectacular drawing and the color really adds to it! They even got Val's sword Dragonfang correct as ALL Golden!
    ^^^YES! I especially liked that they got her sword right!!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    To tell the truth, I wasn't a big fans of Nighthawk's ray guns on the wings...
    Agreed. I remember reading the Marvel Team-Up where Nighthawk first debuted his new weaponry and thought that they probably should have gone a different direction. But Marvel's winged champions were always hit or miss with me. Loved Starhawk, Red Raven and the revamped Angel, but not so high on Falcon, Darkhawk, Skylark/Lady Lark. And considering that the Squadron Supreme also had Blue Eagle, I really thought Marvel should have been a little more creative with Nighthawk's gadgets. But oh well.

Astonishing Member

I LOVED that second costume. It's very gawdy, but it worked for Simon. I liked the red safari jacket, but only when drawn by Perez. Can't say I ever loved this black/red outfits as they made Simon appear less special. Don't want to get to off topic, but of course, Simon does make an appearance early in DAK's run.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?