Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Happy New Year! Defenders Vol 2 comes out this year and I can't wait to see how many times Hulk quits and rejoins the team lol.
    I wish they had an Epic Collection that filled in the gap, but it doesn't appear so.

I had a question looking at those members of the Defenders. Is Hawkeye not considered a Defender? Even though he was on their team during Defenders vs Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yes hawkeye is along with captain america, female red guardian, man-thing, vision, defenders for a day members, and others. Defenders membership is a bigger mess on who was in it than dcs justice league with all the reboots!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey ComicNoobie, happy New Year!

I think those old team pics were meant to show those that were members for more than 1 or 2 issues, and most, if not all shown were in 10+ issues.

But Hawkeye certainly qualifies as an early member.
    Well, Hawkeye certainly declares himself a Defender on that cover. But what Gaastra said. It's hard to pin down the 'rosters' since part of being a non-team, means you have a lot of people coming and going. And that was before Defender for a Day!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-02-2023 at 10:16 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Well, Hawkeye certainly declares himself a Defender on that cover. But what Gaastra said. It's hard to pin down the 'rosters' since part of being an non-team, means you have a lot of people coming and going. And that was before Defender for a Day!
    For sure. There were lots of members. But since one only needed to appear once technically (non-team and all), such as The Defenders for a Day, it would seem logical that Hawkeye was a member and he was around for more than a day.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Happy New Year, Marvel's Non-Team fans.

Peace

Hey ComicNoobie, happy New Year!

I think those old team pics were meant to show those that were members for more than 1 or 2 issues, and most, if not all shown were in 10+ issues.

But Hawkeye certainly qualifies as an early member.
    Happy New Year, Phoenixx9! And thanks to everyone who cleared up the membership of the Defenders. I personally still count Hawkeye as a part-time Defender. He was team Defenders in the war against the Avengers so he's earned membership lol.

Marvel has had hawkey on some of the defenders member lists so marvel sees hawkeye as a member. Funny thing is even marvel the list changes. Howard the duck was forgot on some than put in on others! Man-thing on one list than not on others. Vision on one list but gone the next!

Even marvel is confused! Trouble is due to the "non team" gimmick and defenders for a day saying anyone can just join the team it has led to confusion. With these rules anyone who aided the team can count as a member! Ghost rider for starters was said to not join till secret defenders. But wait he aided the team in an issue of defenders! Doesn't that make him a member with the non team rules! What a mess.

Lucky new defenders threw that non team rule out and after we get a more normal team membership second half but the first half is rough.

This is why we need an alex ross "all members" artwork from marvel!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

But what Gaastra said. It's hard to pin down the 'rosters' since part of being an non-team, means you have a lot of people coming and going. And that was before Defender for a Day!
    Loved the Defender for a Day arc.

I'm kind of hoping that Marvel will introduce a Defenders Unlimited supergroup comprised of every person that has ever been a Defender. The twist: it's a non-team. No one will either confirm or deny that they are a member for the official record. That several members are wanted both here on Earth and across the cosmos for various "crimes" doesn't help matters.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Happy New Year, Marvel's Non-Team fans.

Peace
    Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Loved the Defender for a Day arc.

I'm kind of hoping that Marvel will introduce a Defenders Unlimited supergroup comprised of every person that has ever been a Defender. The twist: it's a non-team. No one will either confirm or deny that they are a member for the official record. That several members are wanted both here on Earth and across the cosmos for various "crimes" doesn't help matters.
    That whole era was great!

But that is what makes it a non-team. They have no official record.

The closest we got was in Fear Itself: the Deep when Strange summoned anyone who 'was' a Defender to help out Nmaor nad the Atlanteans.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Marvel has had hawkey on some of the defenders member lists so marvel sees hawkeye as a member. Funny thing is even marvel the list changes. Howard the duck was forgot on some than put in on others! Man-thing on one list than not on others. Vision on one list but gone the next!

Even marvel is confused! Trouble is due to the "non team" gimmick and defenders for a day saying anyone can just join the team it has led to confusion. With these rules anyone who aided the team can count as a member! Ghost rider for starters was said to not join till secret defenders. But wait he aided the team in an issue of defenders! Doesn't that make him a member with the non team rules! What a mess.

Lucky new defenders threw that non team rule out and after we get a more normal team membership second half but the first half is rough.

This is why we need an alex ross "all members" artwork from marvel!
    I kind of like there being no 'rules' cause that's part of their identity. Though I would not say 'no' to an Alex Ross Defenders mural.

Though, if you think about it, the only rule is what a writer / Marvel editorial wants. I mean, are characters in Savage Avengers actually Avengers? I don't think so.

The Defenders were such a cool team, I can't wait to read more about them when the next Omni comes out. I saw Beast on the lineup on the front page. He's lived quite the decorated hero career. An X-Men, Avenger, and a Defender. Not bad at all.

Hey, since Marvel can't make Hulk and Namor solo movies do you think they'll do a Defenders movie with them with Doctor Strange? If they do, I demand Hulk quits then immediately rejoins lol.

The Defenders were such a cool team, I can't wait to read more about them when the next Omni comes out. I saw Beast on the lineup on the front page. He's lived quite the decorated hero career. An X-Men, Avenger, and a Defender. Not bad at all.

Hey, since Marvel can't make Hulk and Namor solo movies do you think they'll do a Defenders movie with them with Doctor Strange? If they do, I demand Hulk quits then immediately rejoins lol.
    LOL!

They've done a Defenders show, though it wasn't the OG Defenders that you read in the omnibus. Yes, I know they also came out with a comic for that team, but I still say that should have been called Heroes for Hire, not Defenders.

We may still get a Hulk or a Namor movie. There's still a lot of speculation on the rights issue.

Beast was a great Bronze Age character. His time with the Avengers with Wonderman was awesome. I don't recognize the character now.

I so agree with you!

I think they could definitely do an OG Defenders movie in the future, definitely with Hulk, Namor and Doc. I heard a rumor that a Silver Surfer movie may premiere a year before the FF movie, so they would have 4 core members. I would also DEFINITELY want Valkyrie, preferably, OG Val (Brunhilde).

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Invincible Member

They could but I doubt they will...they general public thinks of Hulk and Doc as Avengers, so the MCU will probably stick with that status quo.

Having said that, you might want to check out a Justice League cartoon episode called "The Terror Beyond", it's a winking homage to early 70's Defenders. They use Dr Fate, Aquaman, and Soloman Grundy as stand in for Strange, Namor, and Hulk. And I think Hawkgirl standing in for Nighthawk. They fight a monster called Ichthultu, a Lovecraft inspired character and back in the day Dr Strange would fight Lovecraft knock off demons.

LOL!

They've done a Defenders show, though it wasn't the OG Defenders that you read in the omnibus. Yes, I know they also came out with a comic for that team, but I still say that should have been called Heroes for Hire, not Defenders.

We may still get a Hulk or a Namor movie. There's still a lot of speculation on the rights issue.

Beast was a great Bronze Age character. His time with the Avengers with Wonderman was awesome. I don't recognize the character now.
    Yeah, when I googled the Defenders show I was like..."This is more Heroes for Hire" I'm hopeful for at least a OG Defenders nod in a project. If I was Marvel Studios I would have the Defenders assemble and battle a "Universal" monster and the poster would be of Hulk smashing a planet, if you know what I mean. And I'm so happy for Beast. I hope I'll get the chance to read his run in the Defenders.

I so agree with you!

I think they could definitely do an OG Defenders movie in the future, definitely with Hulk, Namor and Doc. I heard a rumor that a Silver Surfer movie may premiere a year before the FF movie, so they would have 4 core members. I would also DEFINITELY want Valkyrie, preferably, OG Val (Brunhilde).
    I would love OG Val (Brunhilde) to be in Defenders. No disrespect to Tessa Thompson, I really enjoyed her Thor Ragnarok. But the Defenders Val is that fish out of water but also the heart of the team trying to keep them together as her surrogate family. Speaking of which I always thought the blonde Valkyrie who died saving Tessa's Valkyrie in the Ragnarok flashback kind of looked like OG Val. If so a heroic sacrifice she made for her fellow Valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They could but I doubt they will...they general public thinks of Hulk and Doc as Avengers, so the MCU will probably stick with that status quo.

Having said that, you might want to check out a Justice League cartoon episode called "The Terror Beyond", it's a winking homage to early 70's Defenders. They use Dr Fate, Aquaman, and Soloman Grundy as stand in for Strange, Namor, and Hulk. And I think Hawkgirl standing in for Nighthawk. They fight a monster called Ichthultu, a Lovecraft inspired character and back in the day Dr Strange would fight Lovecraft knock off demons.
    I suppose that's true. It's so weird because I hardly associate Hulk with the Avengers after reading Defenders. Hulk seemed way more natural with the chaotic nature of the Defenders coming and going, then the orderly, well organized Avengers. But I'll have to check out this "The Terror Beyond" as it sounds like a fun wink.

I would love OG Val (Brunhilde) to be in Defenders. No disrespect to Tessa Thompson, I really enjoyed her Thor Ragnarok. But the Defenders Val is that fish out of water but also the heart of the team trying to keep them together as her surrogate family. Speaking of which I always thought the blonde Valkyrie who died saving Tessa's Valkyrie in the Ragnarok flashback kind of looked like OG Val. If so a heroic sacrifice she made for her fellow Valkyrie.

I suppose that's true. It's so weird because I hardly associate Hulk with the Avengers after reading Defenders. Hulk seemed way more natural with the chaotic nature of the Defenders coming and going, then the orderly, well organized Avengers. But I'll have to check out this "The Terror Beyond" as it sounds like a fun wink.
    Oh yeah, no disrespect meant towards Tessa Thompson. I think she is a beautiful woman who played her role very well. Just to me, Valkyrie will always be Brunhilde. Yes, I thought the same thing in the flashback. I think this may have also happened in the comics, and she gave Dragonfang to Sif.

Hulk always will be a core Defenders member to me. In the comics, Hulk never was accepted/trusted nor felt comfortable with the Avengers, and despite his problems with the Defenders, he did recognize quite a few as his friends, especially Val. ComicNoobie, you will see this more when Omni Vol 2 comes out.

Oh yeah, no disrespect meant towards Tessa Thompson. I think she is a beautiful woman who played her role very well. Just to me, Valkyrie will always be Brunhilde. Yes, I thought the same thing in the flashback. I think this may have also happened in the comics, and she gave Dragonfang to Sif.

Hulk always will be a core Defenders member to me. In the comics, Hulk never was accepted/trusted nor felt comfortable with the Avengers, and despite his problems with the Defenders, he did recognize quite a few as his friends, especially Val. ComicNoobie, you will see this more when Omni Vol 2 comes out.
    I have enjoyed Hulk and Val's friendship. It makes me wish it was reflected more in present day comics. I miss when Hulk was part of the Marvel world and not just always opposing it.