Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Prof hulk was one at least three missions with the defenders. He joined the "return of the defenders" team in the annual storyline, was on spider-mans secret defenders team and helped out in a really funny way in an issue of secret defenders.

Prof. Hulk on the Defenders would have been something to see. While I think Savage Hulk is perfect for the team, it would have been something to see a smart Hulk with them for a bit. Just imagine the reactions from Dr. Strange and Valkyrie to see a smart Hulk on the team. I don't know how they'd handle it. Strange would probably faint lol.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 02-26-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wasn't he back to classic hulk but a bit smarter by that point?
    I didn't even know that happened, I just saw a green, eloquent and rude Hulk and assumed that was the Professor:

(Avengers#1 vol 3).

Maybe a Hulk expect can clear up what was up with him, I checked the wiki and the Hulk comic out at the time was Incredible Hulk#461.

Also hulk and banner just got split in two with an all angry hulk for a year with banner in the heroes reborn universe as another hulk. Wasn't the best time to ask him.
    Fair enough lol.

One neat part of iw however with hulk was him and wolverine just hanging out chatting.

https://i.imgur.com/mjS7YKC.jpg
    Yeah that was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    While I liked the "Chld-Like"Hulk in the original team, I cannot help but think if he had Professor Hulk mind how much more of an asset he could have been to the team, especially if he teamed with Valkyrie and both used their strength together.
    Now that is an interesting thought, and Professor Hulk was a smart enough fella, would be funny if he tried something like being a team leader here and there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Prof hulk was one at least three missions with the defenders. He joined the "return of the defenders" team in the annual storyline, was on spider-mans secret defenders team and helped out in a really funny way in an issue of secret defenders.
    Huh, right, keep forgetting Spidey was in the Defenders at some point... But then again, who wasn't lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Prof. Hulk on the Defenders would have been something to see. While I think Savage Hulk is perfect for the team, it would have been something to see a smart Hulk with them for a bit. Just imagine the reactions from Dr. Strange and Valkyrie to see a smart Hulk on the team. I don't know how they'd handle it. Strange would probably faint lol.
    Strange would likely not be too weirded out since he's used to weird, but I get the feeling Valkyrie wouldn't really like Professor, 'cause Savage Hulk is grumpy but good hearted, Professor is a bit of a jackass.

Then again, she worked with Namor just fine so maybe not...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I didn't even know that happened, I just saw a green, eloquent and rude Hulk and assumed that was the Professor:

(Avengers#1 vol 3).

Maybe a Hulk expect can clear up what was up with him, I checked the wiki and the Hulk comic out at the time was Incredible Hulk#461.

Fair enough lol.

Yeah that was nice.

Now that is an interesting thought, and Professor Hulk was a smart enough fella, would be funny if he tried something like being a team leader here and there lol.

Huh, right, keep forgetting Spidey was in the Defenders at some point... But then again, who wasn't lol.

Strange would likely not be too weirded out since he's used to weird, but I get the feeling Valkyrie wouldn't really like Professor, 'cause Savage Hulk is grumpy but good hearted, Professor is a bit of a jackass.

Then again, she worked with Namor just fine so maybe not...
    She worked with Namor, but he wasn't her favorite Defender. That honor was the Savage Hulk's. If the Professor was a douche then no way would Valkyrie stand for it! She'd demand for Savage Hulk to return.

She worked with Namor, but he wasn't her favorite Defender. That honor was the Savage Hulk's. If the Professor was a douche then no way would Valkyrie stand for it! She'd demand for Savage Hulk to return.
    Yes and/or beat it out of/into him, lol!

Val just would not stand for it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

She worked with Namor, but he wasn't her favorite Defender.
    He wasn't her favorite, but they got along just fine, in Defenders#5, when Hulk blew hew off over trying to make the team work, Namor decides to comfort her:

And in the next issue, Valkyrie, Namor and Silver Surfer even went on a trip together (Though one we don't get to see):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6348/image.png

(Defenders#6).

Then again, even if she's okay with someone like Namor, doesn't mean she'd be that okay with Professor Hulk, considering she knows Hulk as someone else.

Now I'm wondering, did she ever meet Joe Fixit? I have my doubts about it happening though...

That honor was the Savage Hulk's. If the Professor was a douche then no way would Valkyrie stand for it! She'd demand for Savage Hulk to return.
    Considering that at the time Professor was considered a merge of the personalities (Nowadays he's just another one), that'd be, difficult, and would also annoy Professor lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Val seemed attracted to Namor, but he was nice to her when Strange was not, the Surfer was not there when she was created and the Hulk was, well, the Hulk, lol.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Val seemed attracted to Namor, but he was nice to her when Strange was not, the Surfer was not there when she was created and the Hulk was, well, the Hulk, lol.
    More often than not, Namor, even more than Strange, seemed to be the sensible and reasonable one in those early days. I always felt a special vibe between him and Val, that DeMattis did get to explore a bit in his later run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    More often than not, Namor, even more than Strange, seemed to be the sensible and reasonable one in those early days. I always felt a special vibe between him and Val, that DeMattis did get to explore a bit in his later run.

Peace
    I always felt that there was a special vibe between Namor and Val that could have developed deeper.

Later on, I did not know if it was because of similarities of Atlantean Prince and Norse demi-goddess, their similar views of right/wrong, battle and allies or.....something more.

If Namor would have stayed with the early Defenders, it might have proved very interesting.....

Another interesting fact is that Val herself noted that Clea did not like her or want her in the Sanctum Sanctorum when Val was first created. However, later on, happily, they became great gal-pals, with Clea even providing Val her costumes and lending her mystical aid when required.

Astonishing Member

Anyone remember the Ultimate Defenders? What a huge disappointment that was! Then again, at the end of the day -- that universe was a disappointment despite some excellent Bryan Hitch artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Anyone remember the Ultimate Defenders? What a huge disappointment that was! Then again, at the end of the day -- that universe was a disappointment despite some excellent Bryan Hitch artwork.
    Oh yeah. That was a part of Ultimates 2 I believe.

Maybe Hickman might use them in Ultimate Invasion?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2023 at 06:48 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That actually could have been a really intriguing idea that they could have gotten fascinating mini out of if they did it right...I mean Millar's idea of a group of heroes who basically a group of posers. When Loeb have them real powers, it was kind of lack luster.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That actually could have been a really intriguing idea that they could have gotten fascinating mini out of if they did it right...I mean Millar's idea of a group of heroes who basically a group of posers. When Loeb have them real powers, it was kind of lack luster.
    One plot could lead to the other as those posers would think having powers would make them heroes. So you could bring in the Power Broker.

Did Millar use them in his second run on Ultimates?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Millar only used them once, I beleive. Loeb gave Val Asgardian powers, but as said above -- his run was not the best.