Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1659
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    That's what I was going to say, They have 5 to 6 months until the release of the first issue, not rushed at all. The announcement without art, creative team confirmed and at least some kind of premise or press release is still weird.

Not having "spider-something" in the title is a marketing mistake imho
    They should call it; The Scarlet Spiders: A Chasm Between Them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    They should call it; The Scarlet Spiders: A Chasm Between Them
    Something like that, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    My guess is that Chasm/Kaine is in the planning stages, but another book that was meant for that spot on the Timeless reveal page got pushed back. Marvel picked the ripest of the unripe options to fill the last spot in their 8-panel teaser that had already been laid out. As to what got pushed back, no idea, but that teaser is crazy Spider-heavy, so I'd guess something cosmic or F4 related
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    This already confirms what was evident, all this is done in haste with almost no planning and came out at the last minute, that also explains the previous image so badly edited presenting the title "Chasm: Curse Of Kaine." Everything that is done in a hurry and is not even planned in advance always goes wrong, a true shame, I really had some hopes for this, it looks like it will be another disappointment of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It's just the announcement that was rushed, not the book itself. Any reasonable definition of a summer book doesn't need any issues in the can before February (unless they're doing weekly releases like Orlando's 2099 minis). One assumes the real rush was a month ago to get *something* in the 8th tile for the Timeless teaser before it went to print. The Spider-office minis have been uniformly competent-to-spectacular for years, and without horrifying art issues. It's far too early to worry about this being rushed
    That's what I was going to say, They have 5 to 6 months until the release of the first issue, not rushed at all. The announcement without art, creative team confirmed and at least some kind of premise or press release is still weird.

Not having "spider-something" in the title is a marketing mistake imho
    Also cosigned. I don't think the mini itself is being rushed as it looks like they're giving it enough time to cook in the oven, but the announcement seems way too early that I feel like something had to have happened to make them reveal the existence of the book this early.

I also agree that the title should've had something Spider-related in it, I feel like that may end up hurting the book in the long run. I understand not calling it Scarlet Spiders though because only one of the two title characters is called that right now.

Still, I feel like Chasm/Scarlet Spider or Scarlet Spider vs Chasm would've been better. I do wonder what "Curse of Kaine" means though.
    Last edited by JustLuke; 12-28-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

I do wonder what "Curse of Kaine" means though.
    It almost sounds like Kaine is the bad guy.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I do wonder what "Curse of Kaine" means though.
    At all aspects, analysis ahead or outstandingly alludes aforementioned appellation adopted as an adoration (admittedly ascertained) of alliteration.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    At all aspects, analysis ahead or outstandingly alludes aforementioned appellation adopted as an adoration (admittedly ascertained) of alliteration.
    Kaine ruined Chasm and Janine's life so it's not too far fetch to say it's how he ruined Chasm's life like Peter did. So it's removing Peter from being at fault to shifting the narrative to Kaine

Fantastic Member

Kaine has acted like a curse on Ben's life. Hunting him and attacking him.

I'm hopeful that Kaine interjects to help Ben, rather than be targeting for Ben for some farcical misremembered slight like Dark Web.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Kaine has acted like a curse on Ben's life. Hunting him and attacking him.

I'm hopeful that Kaine interjects to help Ben, rather than be targeting for Ben for some farcical misremembered slight like Dark Web.
    When Kaine was a "hero" he even tried to kill Ben. Anyway, I trust Foxe but if Kaine helps Ben it'll be at the end of this story. They will clash as per the announcement

Fantastic Member

When Kaine was a "hero" he even tried to kill Ben. Anyway, I trust Foxe but if Kaine helps Ben it'll be at the end of this story. They will clash as per the announcement

Kaine attempting to help Ben doesn't mean they won't clash. Chasm is a useless idiot. So I have no doubt any attempt by Kaine to help him wouldn't be met with open arms.

I'm just hoping, naively, for something better than the moronic beef he has with Peter. Because I don't have much faith in what it's possible for Foxe to achieve. Especially when it's likely Lowe went to him and said "We want a Kaine and Chasm story. A B C has to happen. The rest is up to you"

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Kaine attempting to help Ben doesn't mean they won't clash. Chasm is a useless idiot. So I have no doubt any attempt by Kaine to help him wouldn't be met with open arms.

I'm just hoping, naively, for something better than the moronic beef he has with Peter. Because I don't have much faith in what it's possible for Foxe to achieve. Especially when it's likely Lowe went to him and said "We want a Kaine and Chasm story. A B C has to happen. The rest is up to you"
    That Kaine is going to help Ben? Ha ha ha, kind of contradictory for you to say that now, when you said before that were going to ruin Kaine's character and other nonsense. Even you yourself said that Kaine has acted as a curse to Ben's own life, so what sense does it make now that Kaine, one of the people who has ruined Ben's life the most, is going to help now? Practically that makes little to no sense, at best Kaine will only help to make Ben's condition even worse.

Even the announcement itself says that Ben and Kaine are going to clash and fight each other, a far cry from Kaine "helping" Ben. Even if it is true of Kaine trying to help Ben, it at least makes more sense that Ben Reilly/Chasm would refuse help from one of the people hates the most at this moment which is Kaine, any normal person who would be in the same position as Ben would naturally refuse help from someone who ruined his life several times. If Peter couldn't help Ben, much less Kaine will be able to.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm not excited for the Chasm mini series. I don't even care if Ben gets redeemed. This feels like the same exact story as the PAD Scarlet Spider series.

Also, not sure if anyone will agree, but Ben as Jackal made more sense and was cooler than him ever being Chasm. I was actually originally interested in the PAD Scarlet series because I thought it would be about Ben rebuilding his clone empire...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I'm not excited for the Chasm mini series. I don't even care if Ben gets redeemed. This feels like the same exact story as the PAD Scarlet Spider series.

Also, not sure if anyone will agree, but Ben as Jackal made more sense and was cooler than him ever being Chasm. I was actually originally interested in the PAD Scarlet series because I thought it would be about Ben rebuilding his clone empire...

I’m not trying to gatekeep Ben. Honest. But I’m just surprised any fan of his could’ve been interested in that kind of post-CC NuJackal interpretation. Him rebuilding a clone empire might be the one status quo I think is worse than Chasm. But… to each their own.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post

I didn't like Jackal Ben because it didn't feel even remotely like him. He was a smarmy, creepy, rich d-bag and a complete sociopath. None of it made sense and him trying to kill everyone on Earth was ridiculous.

At least with Chasm, he's had his brain screwed with to the point of missing components he needs to stay sane and stable, so there's some logic as to why he's crazy acting beyond "He got tortured by the Jackal so now he's a totally different person without a conscience." Chasm-Ben is basically a guy with brain damage thats left him confused and unstable. It makes more sense and he still at least seems like Ben more than nuJackal, who was just a weird, one-dimensional megalomaniac.

Astonishing Member

I need more info about this story ASAp. Line, what's the premise?

Amazing Member

Hopefully the forgotten Red Team MVP Scarlet Spider is in the series with Spidercide.