Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Ben Reilly: Spider-Man/Scarlet Spider Appreciation 2023

Hopefully he gets a better year
    ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).jpg
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Sucks to say this but other than JMD, I prefer Ben had stayed dead after what Slott, PAD and Wells has done to him.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Sucks to say this but other than JMD, I prefer Ben had stayed dead after what Slott, PAD and Wells has done to him.
    As do I, which is indeed sad.

Reply to Huntsman Spider from the 2022 Appreciation Thread -

Maybe he'd be generally like Jason Todd but not exactly. This version of Ben would be more akin to the character examples I mentioned in the previous thread and he would not semi-reform becoming a standard anti-hero (as Jason did) for a long time if ever in this scenario. Peter has never faced a true anti-villain character and I think they could get a great deal of long-term mileage out of such an encounter -

Here is what I posted in the old thread two days before it was locked due to the New Year. Here it is if anyone wants to keep the discussion going:

"In response to everyone who has responded to my idea for Ben, thanks btw. While I would vastly prefer heroic Ben if Marvel won't give us that they need to (as the comedians say) "commit to the bit". The whiplash writing of Ben is helping no one least of all the character himself. I feel if done correctly Chasm/Ben could make a great anti-villain rival for Peter. A character who is a dark reflection of Peter a character with a philosophy that challenges what Peter believes in and his self-worth as a hero. Peter would at times think "does Ben have a point? Is his way better?" until he realizes the ends cannot justify the means no matter how worthy the ends are. Peter versus Ben could become the Marvel version of Goku versus Goku Black, Spike versus Vicious, Deku versus Shigaraki, and Twilight Sparkle versus Starlight Glimmer (well, before they needlessly reformed her). Ben would truly believe he is serving the greater good by destroying a corrupt status quo that ruined his life and thus helping the common people who have no powers who are like him only victims."
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-31-2022 at 10:29 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ben...god, Ben...what have they done to you, man?
    I can only pray that someone will come to their senses and fix my poor man. I still don't think I would want him dead, but I'm definitely not a fan of whatever he is now. Hopefully ATSV will give him enough of a casual fanbase.
    (P.S. Thank you Jman for not naming this Ben Reilly: Chasm Appreciation because I'm pretty sure I would've ended up falling into the Ghostbusters slime and become Chasm myself)
    Last edited by JustLuke; 12-31-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    P.S. Thank you Jman for not naming this Ben Reilly: Chasm Appreciation because I'm pretty sure I would've ended up falling into the Ghostbusters slime and become Chasm myself...
    Agreed, other than maybe the visual design I see nothing, I repeat NOTHING, appealing about Chasm and the current sloppy direction of Ben's character in general.

Astonishing Member

It’s funny that NuJackal and Chasm are both terrible iterations of the character, and yet still have aesthetically pleasing appearances. I hate to admit I like both those costumes. That of course doesn’t justify them being worn on best boy Benjy.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Here's to the days when Peter and Ben were able to swing together, side by side, and not at each other. And to when Ben and Janine were just, mostly, two normal people in love with a new lease on life and a lot of hope for the future. I hope we can go back to those days one day.

Bro.jpgBen and Janine002.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Here's to the days when Peter and Ben were able to swing together, side by side, and not at each other. And to when Ben and Janine were just, mostly, two normal people in love with a new lease on life and a lot of hope for the future. I hope we can go back to those days one day.

Bro.jpgBen and Janine002.jpg
    same here *crosses fingers & toes*

Omitting it from the thread title shows how loved that new Chasm persona is, i.e. not at all. Talk about character derailment!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, other than maybe the visual design I see nothing, I repeat NOTHING, appealing about Chasm and the current sloppy direction of Ben's character in general.
    I think I’m the only one who doesn’t even like the costume

Here’s to a better year for Ben… hopefulyl Wells isn’t around too long

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Ben...god, Ben...what have they done to you, man?
    I can only pray that someone will come to their senses and fix my poor man. I still don't think I would want him dead, but I'm definitely not a fan of whatever he is now. Hopefully ATSV will give him enough of a casual fanbase.
    (P.S. Thank you Jman for not naming this Ben Reilly: Chasm Appreciation because I'm pretty sure I would've ended up falling into the Ghostbusters slime and become Chasm myself)
    this jpg is hitting just right and i'm here for it.

what's it from, mate?
    troo fan or death

Good luck to y'all this year, Ben fans.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Hopefully our boy gets a better year, 2023 may be his redemption.

I mean, when we look at the current state of Ben Reilly, it can only get better...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Abraham View Post
    Hopefully our boy gets a better year, 2023 may be his redemption.

I mean, when we look at the current state of Ben Reilly, it can only get better...
    Madelyne Reilly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    this jpg is hitting just right and i'm here for it.

what's it from, mate?
    That's an alternate cover for the Ben Reilly: Spider-Man miniseries. Dan Jurgens drew alternative cover for all the issues.