Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 436 to 446 of 446
  1. #436
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think it had to do with The Jackal stealing some of his cloning tech.
    The Ben clones couldn’t have been that considering that Ben was dead long before that happened. Though it’s a shame that the X-Men don’t have Ben backed up on Cerebro since then they could fix Ben by either downloading his memories from there into him or if he died they could fix him by bringing him back via the resurrection protocols.

  2. #437
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    17,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, they are all dead. Damn and here I was hoping that Chasm!Ben could be one of these.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    why was Mr sinister dealing with spiderman clones
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think it had to do with The Jackal stealing some of his cloning tech.
    Uh-huh. It was an arc by Chris Yost, also a prolific X-Men writer, in Avenging Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, with the Jackal raiding Mister Sinister's labs for material to boost his own cloning experiments, resulting in genetically engineered spider-mutant hybrids. After Kaine/Scarlet Spider and Otto/Superior Spider-Man blew it all up, the Jackal nonetheless did console himself with samples of DNA acquired from both Otto (still in Peter's body at the time) and Kaine and a new plan --- Spidercide 2.0!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The Ben clones couldn’t have been that considering that Ben was dead long before that happened. Though it’s a shame that the X-Men don’t have Ben backed up on Cerebro since then they could fix Ben by either downloading his memories from there into him or if he died they could fix him by bringing him back via the resurrection protocols.
    Like what happened at the end of Spider-Geddon that was supposed to have fixed the damage from Clone Conspiracy, but then they f***ed him up and over even worse with Spider-Man Beyond.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #438
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    17,562

    Default

    Double-post, sorry.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #439
    Fantastic Member JustLuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Somewhere, in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh. It was an arc by Chris Yost, also a prolific X-Men writer, in Avenging Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, with the Jackal raiding Mister Sinister's labs for material to boost his own cloning experiments, resulting in genetically engineered spider-mutant hybrids. After Kaine/Scarlet Spider and Otto/Superior Spider-Man blew it all up, the Jackal nonetheless did console himself with samples of DNA acquired from both Otto (still in Peter's body at the time) and Kaine and a new plan --- Spidercide 2.0!
    It's funny you mention that, because I just got done writing up an idea for a "reinvention" of Chasm that basically finally resolves that plot point after it went nowhere. I can share if you guys wanna look at it

  5. #440
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    It's funny you mention that, because I just got done writing up an idea for a "reinvention" of Chasm that basically finally resolves that plot point after it went nowhere. I can share if you guys wanna look at it
    Please share it

  6. #441
    Fantastic Member JustLuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Somewhere, in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Please share it
    Ask and ye shall receive! (Btw, if anyone has any suggestions for what to improve upon I'm all ears.)





    [EDIT: Found spelling/grammatical errors. I have to revoke my writing privileges]
    Last edited by JustLuke; Yesterday at 06:15 PM.

  7. #442
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    17,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! (Btw, if anyone has any suggestions for what to improve upon I'm all ears.)





    [EDIT: Found spelling/grammatical errors. I have to revoke my writing privileges]
    Yeah, this would have been a hell of a lot better than what we got. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #443
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! (Btw, if anyone has any suggestions for what to improve upon I'm all ears.)





    [EDIT: Found spelling/grammatical errors. I have to revoke my writing privileges]
    This is great. Thanks. It also shows the major problem with the current Ben status Quo, it all so forced and inorganic. Things just happen.

  9. #444
    Fantastic Member JustLuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Somewhere, in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, this would have been a hell of a lot better than what we got. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    This is great. Thanks. It also shows the major problem with the current Ben status Quo, it all so forced and inorganic. Things just happen.
    Thank you, and no problem! Yeah I agree, what's going on with Ben at the moment just doesn't feel natural at all.

    And honestly, I always thought it was lame that they went nowhere with the Spidercide 2.0 plot. At least if they did something (doesn't have to be this specifically mind you) it would've payed it off someway. As it stands right now it's just a plot point that will probably go nowhere, which is a shame. But instead we get shit like Dark Web and King Chasm. {insert rolling eyes emoji here}

    ...Shit. Now I'm wondering how a hypothetical version of Dark Web would play out with this version of Chasm lol

  10. #445

  11. #446
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The Ben clones couldnít have been that considering that Ben was dead long before that happened. Though itís a shame that the X-Men donít have Ben backed up on Cerebro since then they could fix Ben by either downloading his memories from there into him or if he died they could fix him by bringing him back via the resurrection protocols.
    The X-Men "resurrections" are just clones of the originals. That wouldn't be Ben anymore than Ben is Peter. If the mind they're putting in the new body exists at the same time as the original it's copied from, it can't be the same person. The resurrection protocols are one of the worst, most nonsensical aspects of the current status quo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •