Page 82 of 111 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1659
    Astonishing Member

Is this official art or just fanart?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Is this official art or just fanart?
    fan art. it's alright
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 09-05-2023 at 12:59 PM.

I don't understand how Ben's fans can like or defend what has become of our beloved Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I don't understand how Ben's fans can like or defend what has become of our beloved Ben.
    its fan-art since when liking fan art is bad
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    its fan-art since when liking fan art is bad
    Because people wish it was real

Astonishing Member

It's not like we defend it or we like it, but after so many years in comics, we assume everything is just "an adventure" before they go back to square one. We are just getting interested into knowing if this whole thing can get any worse/insane before we are back to the old status quo.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Is it because people have the right to be able to like things regardless of what have done right or wrong with a particular character? If there are Ben fans who really like or defend what Marvel has done with Ben lately have every right to do so, as long as that is not taken to extremes.

A quick example would be that you like him and there are some people who like Kaine despite all the questionable things done in the past, plus giving Kaine more credit than he deserves when only had one halfway decent comic, then was sadly forgotten by Marvel and now he's dead in oblivion, that's really depressing.

Then there are some strange people who like the Clone-Shifter, even though done horrendous things like being a licker to the Jackal in the 90's Clone Saga, plus acting as a serial killer who murdered people in the Ben Reilly: Spider-Man (2022) comic, plus add in that that character doesn't even have a defined personality, even Rek-Rap has more of a personality of his own.

Also it's not like everything Marvel has done with Ben lately has been the worst, all the shit they've done with Ben can easily be fixed as time goes by, at least you're up to date to know who really is the character that Marvel has screwed up beyond belief in the last few months? Marvel has turned Peter Parker into a character so useless and pathetic that needs the help of other characters to win his own battles, turned Peter into a whole Spider-Cuck with all the shitty drama of Paul and MJ, now Marvel had the brilliant idea to fuck up Peter's character even more by turning into the Spider-Goblin, it's kind of ironic how Peter has become the real character most screwed by Marvel, except for MJ of course.

A secret to enjoying comics is to sort of disassociate and know that there's a much bigger picture being created - across decades of stories and dozens of writers - and sometimes you have a swell of greatness or a dip of low points, but it's all part of the journey.

Every single character I've ever loved in comics has had rough patches that just become part of their history. At once point, in my list of 30 favorite characters, half of them were canonically dead at that point in time. Since I made that list, almost all of them have been resurrected and are back in comic rotation to some degree. That's kind of insane, but that's the nature of comics.

Ben Reilly is going through a rough patch. He was also dead for over a decade. He also didn't always have the best of times during the Clone Saga either. I know he's alive and "not well". It's a bummer, yeah. But we let the bright moments shine and the hope that brighter moments are yet to come.

Ben will get his time again. One day.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    A secret to enjoying comics is to sort of disassociate and know that there's a much bigger picture being created - across decades of stories and dozens of writers - and sometimes you have a swell of greatness or a dip of low points, but it's all part of the journey.

Every single character I've ever loved in comics has had rough patches that just become part of their history. At once point, in my list of 30 favorite characters, half of them were canonically dead at that point in time. Since I made that list, almost all of them have been resurrected and are back in comic rotation to some degree. That's kind of insane, but that's the nature of comics.

Ben Reilly is going through a rough patch. He was also dead for over a decade. He also didn't always have the best of times during the Clone Saga either. I know he's alive and "not well". It's a bummer, yeah. But we let the bright moments shine and the hope that brighter moments are yet to come.

Ben will get his time again. One day.
    Pretty message, hopefully as you say "Ben will have his time again" in two years at the most, with a lot of luck Ben's situation will improve in two months, that will be something inevitable that sooner or later will end up happening, pity that Peter will not have the same luck... At least not while Wells is still the main writer of ASM, I almost feel a little sorry for Peter's fans who will have to continue watching Wells butcher Peter's character to the point that can no longer be fixed.

I even saw some Peter fans who now prefer Peter to die and stay dead instead of continuing to watch Lowe and Wells mistreat Peter's character in more savage ways, who would say that at this point death would be a better option for Peter's character than watching get screwed even more, at least that way he wouldn't suffer anymore.
    Last edited by The Black Death; 09-06-2023 at 05:13 PM.

Mighty Member

So it looks the Bagley designed Scarlet Spider suit from Ben's post Jackal phase is one of the suits in the new Spider-Man 2 game from Insomniac. Personally, hoping for all of Ben's looks as options (I personally want to see what they can do with the Beyond suit, which has a lot of potential).

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So it looks the Bagley designed Scarlet Spider suit from Ben's post Jackal phase is one of the suits in the new Spider-Man 2 game from Insomniac. Personally, hoping for all of Ben's looks as options (I personally want to see what they can do with the Beyond suit, which has a lot of potential).
    With few adjustments it could look better in game than in comics. Lets hope they scrapped that silly Spicercide's smile on his mask. I hope for Sensational suit. Beyond suit would be cool too.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    With few adjustments it could look better in game than in comics. Lets hope they scrapped that silly Spicercide's smile on his mask. I hope for Sensational suit. Beyond suit would be cool too.
    Cosigned. The only other time I've seen it outside comics was the Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game . . . which featured Yuri Lowenthal as the voice of Spider-Man, years before Insomniac Games . . . and I don't think they included that silly/creepy smirk in that design.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Stupid sexy Chasm

I still find it hilarious(ly depressing) how hard they're pushing Chasm. Wells and Lowe may get a lot of shit, but they're nothing if not persistent.

Oh also, cool statue