Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1659

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Spine-Tingling Spider-Man #3 Spoilers:

spoilers:
    Peter learns that the events of the past 24 hours were set up by Mysterio who has been forced to work against his will for a mysterious benefactor and it isn't until Spidercide (who actually defeated Peter in #1) shows up that we learn the name of said benefactor: THE JACKAL!
    end of spoilers
    I'm shocked that Spidercide is actually an important character in this book. In a good way though!

Also man the fact that Spidercide has had more appearances than Kaine lately is just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    He said he wrote Ben in another thing and it was Deadpool Seven Slaughters
    Do you mind providing more info on this? Is it a miniseries? And how much of a role does Ben play? Even as Chasm, I'd like to read as many stories featuring Ben as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but as a huge Ben Reilly fan, Chasm isn't the direction I like for the character. I think the costume is cool, but I would almost prefer they pull a "Venom" on him and have Chasm as a Ben-centric villain of his own instead being his current identity.
    I honestly think Marvel / Spidey Editorial made a mistake by not marketing a new Ben-centric book as "Spider-Man: Beyond!" Much like "Superior Spider-Man," I think the name provides enough identity, purpose, and direction -- it's, y'know, a Spidey book, but it goes BEYOND.

Beyond what? Beyond what's "normal" for a Spidey title. What exactly that would look like would be up to the creative team, but I think it would make a lot of Ben fans happy to see him continue on as Spider-Man; and honestly, it would probably sell better than any "Scarlet Spider" title just because it has "Spider-Man" on the cover. And instead of the cliche of Ben as "evil clone" we could instead see our Ben, with his true personality, doing all kinds of crazy things that Peter doesn't get to do often -- weird team-ups, going into space or different dimensions, fighting rogues of other heroes, travelling around the world...etc etc.

Like I said, that they didn't give Ben that opportunity really seems like a huge miss on Marvel's part, especially considering they've said there's "no place" for Ben currently.

Let Ben go... BEYOND!!!!!!

Very intrigued by what this could be!

-Pav, who was hoping for more Ben in the recent Dark X-Men miniseries...
    Last edited by Pav; 12-21-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Do you mind providing more info on this? Is it a miniseries? And how much of a role does Ben play? Even as Chasm, I'd like to read as many stories featuring Ben as possible.

It's a one-shot with several short stories, Deadpool tries to kill Chasm in his prision in one of them. Pretty decent

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Very intrigued by what this could be!
    It looks like Marcos Marton is doing a series of "parkerverse" variant covers whatever that means

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #46
    ZEB WELLS (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A) • COVER BY JOHN ROMITA JR.
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JOHN ROMITA JR. • VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO
    PETER PARKERVERSE VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    HEADSHOT SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    • Spidey is cleaning up the mess that is his life after some of the most harrowing conflicts of his life.
    • Electro isn't going to wait for Spidey to figure his problems out, though.
    • A dangling thread from earlier in the run that you forgot was dangling starts to pull the sweater apart!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

It looks like Marcos Marton is doing a series of "parkerverse" variant covers whatever that means

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #46
    ZEB WELLS (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A) • COVER BY JOHN ROMITA JR.
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JOHN ROMITA JR. • VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO
    PETER PARKERVERSE VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
    HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    HEADSHOT SKETCH VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    • Spidey is cleaning up the mess that is his life after some of the most harrowing conflicts of his life.
    • Electro isn't going to wait for Spidey to figure his problems out, though.
    • A dangling thread from earlier in the run that you forgot was dangling starts to pull the sweater apart!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Parkerverse is probably just the Spider-Men who are variants of Peter Parker or are his clones.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Still waiting for 616's "PARKERGOODWRITINGVERSE" for Peter, Ben and Kaine, but especially for Peter.

It looks like Web of Spider-Man #1 is going to have a story about Ben and Kaine by Steve Foxe (Dark X-Men).
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

It looks like Web of Spider-Man #1 is going to have a story about Ben and Kaine by Steve Foxe (Dark X-Men).
    Zeb Wells spins two tales of future amazingness, one for each of his colossal collaborators! Zeb and Ed McGuinness tell a tale of two Goblins… Meanwhile, Zeb and John Romita Jr. show the effects of GANG WAR and set up their next titanic tale!
    Greg Weisman lays the groundwork for the second arc of SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MEN!
    Steve Foxe and Greg Land catch up with Chasm and Kaine! Both clones who bore the moniker of The Scarlet-Spider will be back with a vengeance next year but will they be allies or enemies?! And you will not guess who is lurking in the shadows. Truly. You will not guess.
    The new EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE volume sets up the SPIDER-SOCIETY! Get your first taste of that series here from series writer Alex Segura and the legendary Salvador Larocca!
    And more

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...r-grave-goblin
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 12-21-2023 at 04:34 PM.

It's finally happening... Ben and Kaine are reuniting.

It might be foolish, but since Steve Foxe is writing this and actually likes Ben, I have hope that this will actually be good.

Astonishing Member

So the rumours of Zeb not wanting to write Chasm were true

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    It's finally happening... Ben and Kaine are reuniting.

It might be foolish, but since Steve Foxe is writing this and actually likes Ben, I have hope that this will actually be good.
    I'll keep my expectations low. After all, if you're expecting the worst ANY supr`rise will be a good one

So the rumours of Zeb not wanting to write Chasm were true
    Which also means that there is a Clone Saga revisit in the works. I wonder if Spine-Tingling Spider-Man is setting the stage for that?

Astonishing Member

Which also means that there is a Clone Saga revisit in the works. I wonder if Spine-Tingling Spider-Man is setting the stage for that?
    It was a couple of days ago, so maybe someone got hold of this solicit a little early and the clone saga revisit is just speculation based on the Ben and Kaine reunion.

PD: I hope Greg Land is the artist just for this one-shot.

It was a couple of days ago, so maybe someone got hold of this solicit a little early and the clone saga revisit is just speculation based on the Ben and Kaine reunion.

PD: I hope Greg Land is the artist just for this one-shot.
    It's possible.

PD: Yeah, me too.