Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1659
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Clone saga revisit let me guess we are going to convince Ben that he is the original again
    Hopefully it would mean that Ben regains his memories and either becomes the Scarlet Spider or Spider-Man once more.

EDIT: Hooray, we've reached 100 pages for Ben!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-19-2023 at 07:35 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Rumours (from 4chan, so several grains of salt are adviced before reading them):

new bts talks are to leave the Chasm arcs to someone else for a clone saga revisit,
    Wells told Lowe he didn't want to really do anything with Chasm
    Broke the toy and then lost interest in playing with it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Hopefully it would mean that Ben regains his memories and either becomes the Scarlet Spider or Spider-Man once more.

Just in time for the new year and the new thread

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Because if there is one story angle that isn't played out in the Spider books its the Clone one.

The only revisit I see fit is the one I heard on this board, use Spidercide to restore Bens memories. Call it a day. Start a Ben redemption mini/maxi series and then spring him into his own book doing his own Spider themed thing, heroically. Done.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

I think Chasm proved to be a controversial move that couldn't carry that controversy into a marketable new character. The main people who care about Ben aren't super enthusiastic (to say the least) about what's next for Chasm. The big thing people are interested to see is getting it undone. Nobody is really talking about what's next for CHASM. Just what's next for Ben after he gets through the Chasm slog

Dark Web didn't make a big splash for the character either. I wouldn't be super enthusiastic about using him either. Especially if Lowe won't allow the one thing people want to see, undoing what they spent all of Beyond creating.

"In progress." by Marcos Martin.

https://twitter.com/PanelSyndicate/s...90138516550046

No idea if this is a page of a book, a cover or just a commission.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Parker verse variant cover

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Looks like a part of a jam cover

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I think Chasm proved to be a controversial move that couldn't carry that controversy into a marketable new character. The main people who care about Ben aren't super enthusiastic (to say the least) about what's next for Chasm. The big thing people are interested to see is getting it undone. Nobody is really talking about what's next for CHASM. Just what's next for Ben after he gets through the Chasm slog

Dark Web didn't make a big splash for the character either. I wouldn't be super enthusiastic about using him either. Especially if Lowe won't allow the one thing people want to see, undoing what they spent all of Beyond creating.
    I can only speak for myself, but as a huge Ben Reilly fan, Chasm isn't the direction I like for the character. I think the costume is cool, but I would almost prefer they pull a "Venom" on him and have Chasm as a Ben-centric villain of his own instead being his current identity.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but as a huge Ben Reilly fan, Chasm isn't the direction I like for the character. I think the costume is cool, but I would almost prefer they pull a "Venom" on him and have Chasm as a Ben-centric villain of his own instead being his current identity.
    It would be easy to do. The psycho-active goop takes a life of its own grown out of Ben state of mind at the end of Beyond. Then you can have the Scarlet Spider and Chasm

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Congratulations to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Because if there is one story angle that isn't played out in the Spider books its the Clone one.

The only revisit I see fit is the one I heard on this board, use Spidercide to restore Bens memories. Call it a day. Start a Ben redemption mini/maxi series and then spring him into his own book doing his own Spider themed thing, heroically. Done.
    I could cosign that.

It would be easy to do. The psycho-active goop takes a life of its own grown out of Ben state of mind at the end of Beyond. Then you can have the Scarlet Spider and Chasm
    Would make sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Repeating the same Venom formula again, really? I mean, could be a little more creative, the Venom thing got to work only because Peter was attached to an alien suit that showed signs and clues that it was an alien intelligent life form, that's why it made sense later the birth of Venom. Ben's thing is another thing entirely because only has a psycho-active substance that is just that, a psycho-active substance that has no life of its own and is not an intelligent life form, the only thing that psycho-active substance did was to further disrupt Ben's mind by the loss of his memories and all that. So that idea doesn't make any sense honestly and naturally it will never happen, neither the idea of the other Spider-Man clones helping Ben is going to work because the other clones are either dead or rotting in oblivion out there.

As for those "rumors" whether are true or not, don't need to be very smart to know a long time ago that if someone is going to fix Ben Reilly's character it won't be Wells, not that it matters too much because there will be some other writer to use Ben's character and try to fix, like for example Steve Foxe, it seems that many people forget that Foxe said some months ago that plans to use Ben in the future in another comic, I'll just leave it at that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Repeating the same Venom formula again, really? I mean, could be a little more creative, the Venom thing got to work only because Peter was attached to an alien suit that showed signs and clues that it was an alien intelligent life form, that's why it made sense later the birth of Venom. Ben's thing is another thing entirely because only has a psycho-active substance that is just that, a psycho-active substance that has no life of its own and is not an intelligent life form, the only thing that psycho-active substance did was to further disrupt Ben's mind by the loss of his memories and all that. So that idea doesn't make any sense honestly and naturally it will never happen, neither the idea of the other Spider-Man clones helping Ben is going to work because the other clones are either dead or rotting in oblivion out there.

As for those "rumors" whether are true or not, don't need to be very smart to know a long time ago that if someone is going to fix Ben Reilly's character it won't be Wells, not that it matters too much because there will be some other writer to use Ben's character and try to fix, like for example Steve Foxe, it seems that many people forget that Foxe said some months ago that plans to use Ben in the future in another comic, I'll just leave it at that.
    He said he wrote Ben in another thing and it was Deadpool Seven Slaughters

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Spine-Tingling Spider-Man #3 Spoilers:

spoilers:
    Peter learns that the events of the past 24 hours were set up by Mysterio who has been forced to work against his will for a mysterious benefactor and it isn't until Spidercide (who actually defeated Peter in #1) shows up that we learn the name of said benefactor: THE JACKAL!
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spine-Tingling Spider-Man #3 Spoilers:

spoilers:
    Peter learns that the events of the past 24 hours were set up by Mysterio who has been forced to work against his will for a mysterious benefactor and it isn't until Spidercide (who actually defeated Peter in #1) shows up that we learn the name of said benefactor: THE JACKAL!
    end of spoilers
    another character who needs to stay down
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy