Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    So I’ve been messing around on ChatGPT. I find it fascinating it can produce stories from prompts in less than a minute (one involved a hotdog that flew to the moon and it somehow made it seem coherent). It’s not Faulkner, but it’s still pretty fascinating.

Anyway I put in the prompt “Peter Parker has a conversation with Ben Reilly” and in less than 30 seconds a non-sentient computer program produced better characterization of Ben Reilly than the actual flesh-and-blood writers at Marvel. It’s pretty sad when you want AI to take over writing duties on ASM.

Peter Parker walked into his lab and found his clone, Ben Reilly, working on one of his projects. Ben looked up and greeted him with a smile.

"Hey, Peter. What's up?" he asked.

Peter sighed and took a seat next to him. "I've been thinking a lot about our situation lately," he said. "I mean, we're both Spider-Man, but you're a clone of me. How does that make you feel?"

Ben paused for a moment, considering Peter's question. "Honestly, Peter, it's a weird situation. I mean, I look like you, I have your memories, but I'm not you. But at the same time, I'm grateful for the life I have now. Being Spider-Man and helping people gives me purpose."

Peter nodded, understanding where Ben was coming from. "I know it's strange, but I'm glad you're here. I don't have to bear the burden of being Spider-Man alone. And, having someone who knows what it's like to be me, is comforting."

Ben smiled, "Thanks, Peter. I'm here for you, always."

Peter chuckled, "Well, as long as we're on the same page, let's get back to work."

They both got back to work, knowing that they had each other's backs. No matter what, they were both Spider-Man and that was what mattered most.
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Okay, one more…

My prompt: Peter Parker and Ben Reilly talk about the movie ‘Multiplicity.’

The AI’s scene:
    Peter Parker and Ben Reilly were swinging through the streets of New York City when Ben suddenly mentioned the movie "Multiplicity."

"Have you ever seen that movie, Peter?" Ben asked.

Peter shook his head. "No, I haven't. What's it about?"

"It's a comedy about a guy who clones himself multiple times to deal with the demands of his personal and professional life," Ben explained.

Peter raised an eyebrow. "That sounds like a recipe for disaster."

Ben laughed. "Yeah, it doesn't go smoothly at first, but eventually, the clones start to develop their own personalities and lives, and chaos ensues."

Peter chuckled. "Well, I can imagine that would make for some interesting situations."

"Yeah, it's a fun movie," Ben said. "It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it's worth a watch."

"I'll have to check it out," Peter said. "Thanks for the recommendation."

"No problem," Ben replied. "Just don't get any ideas about cloning yourself. One Spider-Man is enough for this city." They both laughed at their inside joke.
    It's a sad day when you actually kind of root for the encroachment of AI on creative enterprises. At least in that area, we might be somewhat better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    HALLOWS’ EVE #4 (OF 5)

ERICA SCHULTZ (W)

MICHAEL DOWLING (A/C)

Variant Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

Eve finally returns to the place where it all began…
    THE BEYOND CORPORATION!

Maxine Danger is back and puts Eve in her toughest spot yet.
    Can Eve survive this? Or will Ben Reilly rot in his prison cell, waiting for his love who will never come?
    I really hope this ends with Maxine Danger taken out of the picture --- permanently. (For those wondering about my language here, I'm quoting from the 90s animated series' finale, in which Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider recounts TAS's version of the Clone Saga and how poorly his reality's Peter Parker/Spider-Man reacted to being cloned, a downward spiral that nearly led to the total annihilation of reality itself.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

I was just reading the cosmic Ghost Rider books the other day and it retcons Ben into being alive and Canada Spider-man... it obviously isn't canon as it changes oto many things (and timelines don't add up) but was also the explanation (I believe) as to why Cosmic Ghost Rider is in 616 universe

I need to buy Hallows Eve... despite how we got there it's being treated wiht care and actually makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    I was just reading the cosmic Ghost Rider books the other day and it retcons Ben into being alive and Canada Spider-man... it obviously isn't canon as it changes oto many things (and timelines don't add up) but was also the explanation (I believe) as to why Cosmic Ghost Rider is in 616 universe

I need to buy Hallows Eve... despite how we got there it's being treated wiht care and actually makes sense!
    Technically, Cosmic Ghost Rider was messing with Marvel history in that miniseries you referenced, so that would explain a lot of things not matching or adding up in terms of the normal MU timeline, though I would sooner take Ben Reilly as Canadian Spider-Man over Chasm. And yes, I would (so far) recommend Hallows' Eve, too.

So where exactly would "Ben Reilly: Spider-Man" go in the comicbook timeline order? I know it says 'Ben's first stint as Spider-Man', so I placed it in-between Book 1 & 2 of the Complete Ben Reilly Epic.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    So where exactly would "Ben Reilly: Spider-Man" go in the comicbook timeline order? I know it says 'Ben's first stint as Spider-Man', so I placed it in-between Book 1 & 2 of the Complete Ben Reilly Epic.
    Both Ben Reilly: Spider-Man and Spider-Man: The Lost Hunt are set right after Spider-Man: The Final Adventure. So it would go in-between Book 3 & 4 of the Complete Ben Reilly Epic.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-26-2023 at 06:16 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

So what's going on with him right now? Last I checked exclusively on him he was looking in the mirror and became like some shadow creature without a face or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    So what's going on with him right now? Last I checked exclusively on him he was looking in the mirror and became like some shadow creature without a face or something.
    attempted to get back his memories by teaming up with Goblin Queen using limbo. that's shadow creature face he made was just to represent him losing his memories
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Technically, that was the end result of Beyond screwing with his mind and tampering with his memories to the point he couldn't recognize his own face anymore. There was a running theory --- a fairly good one, at that --- based on Beyond Corporation's previous appearances in Al Ewing's (Captain America and the) Mighty Avengers that Beyond Corp was deliberately hollowing out Ben's mind to make him a more suitable host, vessel, or avatar for the corporation's true masters, twisted interdimensional horrors that toyed with "lower dimensions" for purely sadistic s***s and giggles. Would have been better reasoning or development for Ben (once again) being turned into a villain than what we got in canon.

Fantastic Member

I finally thought of a positive to beyond. And it was thanks to Well's current Spider-Man run where is Spider-Man is also depicted as a basically useless and incompetent fool who's incapable of achieving victories. Now looking back Ben's incompetence during this run doesn't seem as bad. At least his memories were collapsing in on themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I finally thought of a positive to beyond. And it was thanks to Well's current Spider-Man run where is Spider-Man is also depicted as a basically useless and incompetent fool who's incapable of achieving victories. Now looking back Ben's incompetence during this run doesn't seem as bad. At least his memories were collapsing in on themselves
    Yeah, having his memories f***ed with by Beyond would be a good enough excuse or reason for just about anything.

Worth noting the Venom tie-ins tried to make a power out of his hallucinations, but since Marvel has no editors it ended up ignored and contradicted by the rest of Dark Web, just like his offensive spider-sense which existed for a whole one issue of ASM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneurosis View Post
    Worth noting the Venom tie-ins tried to make a power out of his hallucinations, but since Marvel has no editors it ended up ignored and contradicted by the rest of Dark Web, just like his offensive spider-sense which existed for a whole one issue of ASM.
    Which is a shame, because you'd think being dunked in "quantum-shifting psycho-reactive polymeric goo" would have done something substantial(ly f***ed-up) to him.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneurosis View Post
    Who told you that Ben can't use those powers again in the future, it is something similar to what happened with an ability that Peter rarely used that was to use his sticky fingers to tear or hurt the face of his enemies, basically a variant of the ability of the Mark of Kaine of the little redeemable of that character, the fact that Peter is no longer shown using that ability does not mean that does not continue to have it, it is practically the same case with Ben.

The fact that Ben has only been seen once using those powers like erasing someone's memories or the offensive arachnid sense doesn't mean that Ben won't use those powers again in the future, even more with all the theme that will continue being Chasm, don't believe that those powers will not be seen again in Ben in some way or another, after all, all that is already part of that character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Who told you that Ben can't use those powers again in the future, it is something similar to what happened with an ability that Peter rarely used that was to use his sticky fingers to tear or hurt the face of his enemies, basically a variant of the ability of the Mark of Kaine of the little redeemable of that character, the fact that Peter is no longer shown using that ability does not mean that does not continue to have it, it is practically the same case with Ben.

The fact that Ben has only been seen once using those powers like erasing someone's memories or the offensive arachnid sense doesn't mean that Ben won't use those powers again in the future, even more with all the theme that will continue being Chasm, don't believe that those powers will not be seen again in Ben in some way or another, after all, all that is already part of that character.
    I mean, how often does Spider-Man have cause to litrlerally rip patches of flesh off people. Seems a dissimilar comparison to me.

Plus even if they use them again the criticism to Dark Web is still applicable. Ben uses each of his new powers exactly once in Dark Web. Three times if you count using his webs to make weapons twice (one for each hand). You would think the offensive Spider-Sense would come in handy at least beyond the one scene showing it existed. But no.

It all just seems very phoned it. Which considering Wells is picking up MCU work that's higher profile and probably pays better ia likely the case.

All I said is the event has ignored and actively contradicted those powers. Maddie wants to brainwash Eddie and asks Ben for help, Maddie claims shared responsibility after the fact, Venom #14 then reveals Ben eating and experiencing Eddie's memories all by himself while Maddie observes, Venom #15's recap confirms it was all Ben, Ben never tries this power on Peter (or ever again), Venom #16's recap then states they both did the mindjob on Eddie, and finally Maddie goes "I took [Eddie's] memories away". Similarly, Ben had his offensive spider-sense going off (sure, it works on Peter now because he's corrupted, let's roll with that), Ben goes Devilman and gets swarmed by demons, no offensive spider-sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    basically a variant of the ability of the Mark of Kaine of the little redeemable of that character
    Excuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It all just seems very phoned it. Which considering Wells is picking up MCU work that's higher profile and probably pays better ia likely the case.
    DW reeks of short-sightedness and last second rewrites, but then you look at the rest of ASM done on his leisure and start wondering if that's not just his normal.